Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Tv control - how to do it?

viga81

Question

Hi,

I've a new Samsung smart tv - plugin is not working, and logitech harmony still unsupported (with the last beta release it seems working only with scenes...).

so how can I control my tv? 

Remotec zxt120 (even if it is made especially for air conditioned)?

Any other solution?

Thanks

I use it by copying these codes.

Please login or register to see this link.

You can also use copying from microsoft world.

I'm using unicode for my project.

Please login or register to see this link.

• Like 1

For the same price as 2 Global Cache iTach's you can buy an automationBridge from skarotech.com.au and take advantage of their plugin for the Harmony Hub (they also have a plugin  for the iTach, as it happens).  Along with LIFX, Hue and a bunch of other non-Zwave devices.   

This device is fast becoming the answer to the non-availability of third party plugins in HC2.  It works like a dream and gets frequent additions and updates.

The Harmony works brilliantly, BTW, and I will have to sell my 2 iTachs, which are much more of a pain to program.

33 minutes ago, codowd said:

For the same price as 2 Global Cache iTach's you can buy an automationBridge from skarotech.com.au and take advantage of their plugin for the Harmony Hub (they also have a plugin  for the iTach, as it happens).  Along with LIFX, Hue and a bunch of other non-Zwave devices.   

This device is fast becoming the answer to the non-availability of third party plugins in HC2.  It works like a dream and gets frequent additions and updates.

The Harmony works brilliantly, BTW, and I will have to sell my 2 iTachs, which are much more of a pain to program.

The Abridge is absolutely a great bit of kit however the Harmony plugin will not give you a full remote VD that I can see. It will import the activities but once that activity has started you dont have any buttons to control volume, menu, exit, back etc etc etc. It is however handy if you just want to start and stop scenes. 

On 1/1/2017 at 1:36 PM, Sankotronic said:

@viga81

when you get device then you can generate those strings in learning mode. You will press button on your original remote and iTach will learn it as string. That string you will use in VD code.

Maybe this is strange for us to understand how these "command strings" could be generated and copied into the LUA code of each buttons. I understand I should change IP address and communication port, but as I think every button has different string (different string for Volume UP and different string for Channel down, etc.) for controll the TV or other device.

So when I switch the device into learning mode I could teach the iTach with the original remote. The iTach will generate the proper strings for each button (i.e. Channel UP, Channel Down, etc.). If so where can I read this string, and how can I copy these different strings into my LUA code of buttons?

23 hours ago, krizso said:

So when I switch the device into learning mode I could teach the iTach with the original remote. The iTach will generate the proper strings for each button (i.e. Channel UP, Channel Down, etc.). If so where can I read this string, and how can I copy these different strings into my LUA code of buttons?

Hi @krizso ,

In another thread I answer to that question. You need to download iLearn application and install it to laptop or PC. Then you prepare IR2IP and remote which codes you want to learn. Start iLearn, connect to IR2IP and learning can start. Each time when you press button on remote (keep it a bit longer than usual) iLearn will learn code and show it on monitor. After that you can give it a name of the pressed button on remote and save or copy code from iLearn aplication directly to your LUA code.

Happy Coding! :-) 

Just now, Sankotronic said:

Hi @krizso ,

In another thread I answer to that question. You need to download iLearn application and install it to laptop or PC. Then you prepare IR2IP and remote which codes you want to learn. Start iLearn, connect to IR2IP and learning can start. Each time when you press button on remote (keep it a bit longer than usual) iLearn will learn code and show it on monitor. After that you can give it a name of the pressed button on remote and save or copy code from iLearn aplication directly to your LUA code.

Happy Coding! :-) 

Yes you answered for me another thread, because I have just found this thread later than that.

Thank you both of your answers! :)