Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Creating an Association

nickboy

Question

I am trying to create an ASSOCIATION between Fibaro Motion Sensor and Fibaro Wall Plug.

Motion Sensor sees motion -> Wall plug switches on. Both sensors work fine on their own. 

I’ve read the PDF manual from Fibaro web (http://materialy.fibaro.com/technical%20presentations/HC2_A4_MotionSens_RelaySwitch_Association.pdf) but this does not help. The latest UI works a bit differently.

I have been able to get this to work using SCENES but it was way too slow. It took around 8 seconds from motion to turn on the lights. Instead, pressing light -button from Fibaro UI works instantly. No idea why there is such a massive processing delay??

Any and all help will be appreciated. I am a total newbie and need some assistance to get everything working. 

I am selecting Motion Sensor -> Advanced -> Associations

GROUP 1

Single channel associations
To be set: 20
Current (on device): 20
Multi channel associations
To be set:
Current (on device):

I have Fibaro Wall Plug selected.

Save -> Nothing happens. Notification screen remains empty. Light switch does not work. 

Are there some additional settings that need to be adjusted in Motion Sensor Advance mode??

3 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • I can't believe there hasn't been any replies to this post. This is the most fundamental and basic functionality in any home automation system. Turn on the lights when there is movement. 

It is beyond comprehension why it will take more than 8 seconds to do this which Fibaro. There must be a faster way to turn on the lights. As said; if I push the light icon in Homecenter UI the light will lit up almost instantly. It is only when motion detecting is involved and controlled by scenes the unacceptable delay is introduced. 

Please, let me know a better way to do this. 

After you saved the Associations did you wake up the Motion sensor?