Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Add Logitech Harmony Activity in HC2 Scene

Christer E

Question

Today i updated to v. 4.02 for my Fibaro HC2. The update log recommended a reinstallation of the Logitech Harmony Plugin. When i installed the Plugin again via the very smart code-authentication it says on the plugin info:

Plugin allows to execute any “activity” defined inside Home Hub manually or via Fibaro Home Center scenes. Experience benefits from powerful integration of both platforms.

As I understand from the text above it should be possible to make a Scene in HC2 and include a Logitech Harmony Activity? As an example, I have a scene in HC2 called "Leaving Home", and when I press it the lights shuts down and in that scene I also want to shut down my Tv using the Harmony Acitivity. But when i trying to add a scene i can't choose the Activity from my Logitech even tough the activity (Acitivity Digital-Tv in the image attached) is visible in the HC2 panel in the web interface.

Does anybody know how to add an Logitech Harmony Acitivity in a HC2 Scene?

Thanks in advance!
C.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

Just a very little search on this forum would give you this answer from jompla68:

Please login or register to see this code.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2017 at 11:44 AM, [email protected] said:

sorry I want to add stop watch TV activity in my lua script but how can I get the activity id, it is not showing the activity ID in the GUI.

The devices are created when you add the Harmony plugin, and connect successfully.

A device exists for each of your activities in your hub.  Use the device number which represents the activity you want to run.

In this example, 69.

If you hover over the wrench tool for the activity you've highlighted (or click it), you will see the device ID in the tooltip / address bar.

local hubactivity = 69    ; -- activity to run 
local debug = true; 

fibaro:debug("Started Plex hub activity"); 

fibaro:call(hubactivity, "changeActivityState", Started);

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Thanks 1

I have the same "problem", but it seems there is not possible to use these devices without programming a VD. I'm not a programmer, but after a lot of tinkering, I got a VD to start and stop different activities from the hub.

But I cannot figure out how to get the status of a activity to show on a "label" in a VD? Anyone have a working screenshot?

Anders

How do I get the fibaro harmony plugin to refresh the activities list?

I deleted an activity and added another but it is not shown in HC2

hi,

i need some help ,

when i am using the activity status in not up to date it's saying "starting" or "powering Off" when the activity is already Off\On 

but the status in the main Hub list is always up to date 

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_04/image.png.801b855d16be7c8c9a28a2b74e6065ec.png" alt="image.png.801b855d16be7c8c9a28a2b74e6065ec.png" />

Vs

image.png.e8daca24400be2a9b33f671868f5759a.png

when i writing in Lua code to get form the hub the status value it giving me the all text 

the problem is i don't no how to split it to different activities so I can use it in a different line code to see if the TV in On\Off  

image.png.ecdd143295cc65b8392b85bcdd864054.png

two questions:

1. can some one know how to refresh the status of the activity - so it always will be up to date 

2. how to split the text from the main hub to different lines 

thanks,

I did the following to process the returned string:

Please login or register to see this code.

So with a little bit of string processing it is possible to collect all the activities status.

The problem is that what is returned from the function is not the current status of the HUB.

So from my point of view there is no way to trigger a scene using the harmony remote...

I'm currently working in the other way, using the KeyFob to turn ON/OFF the Harmony activities and then I move to the harmony remote.

Really not happy about that...