Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Button not working

groggstone

I recently purchased a Fibaro Button and added it to the controller without problems. I moved it to the location where it should be and then it was out of range. I rebuilded the mesh network and let the button stay in it's location for a few days and was occasionally waking it up. It still didn't work, so I decided to do reconfiguration of the device. I tried that twice without getting it to work. Now the IDs on the device's page and the little log window on top of the HC2 page is displaying different IDs. See the attached file when I configure some parameters.

When I have the button very close to the controller I can see that the Z-wave light on the controller flashes when I push the button but nothing happens. I have created a magic scene to switch a lamp to the opposite state when the button is pressed once. Nothing happens when the button is pressed. The light is possible to manage from the controller and scenes and so on, so nothing wrong there.

I have tried to delete the device without success. I have also tried to force a delete from the HC2 and resetting the button. But still the z-wave light on the HC2 flashes and the device is still there.

My HC2 is running 4.100 and the button is up to date according to the HC2.

How should I get the button to work?

Thank you in advance!

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hello groggtone

something similar happens me, but when include it, (push 6 times) then see the main window HC2, I see 2 device, 1 like a control and the other one like a cardboard box. 
some time  I can see when include, the parameters aren't shown in the command window. I have many button and try 3 of them, only 1 work properly. 
one of them when push button 1 o 2 times. I can't see in the main window image show on the top x1, x2. i see only (ok transfer) or some time I see (transfer failed)

Dnia 2.12.2016 o 15:41, groggstone napisał:

I recently purchased a Fibaro Button and added it to the controller without problems. I moved it to the location where it should be and then it was out of range. I rebuilded the mesh network and let the button stay in it's location for a few days and was occasionally waking it up. It still didn't work, so I decided to do reconfiguration of the device. I tried that twice without getting it to work. Now the IDs on the device's page and the little log window on top of the HC2 page is displaying different IDs. See the attached file when I configure some parameters.

When I have the button very close to the controller I can see that the Z-wave light on the controller flashes when I push the button but nothing happens. I have created a magic scene to switch a lamp to the opposite state when the button is pressed once. Nothing happens when the button is pressed. The light is possible to manage from the controller and scenes and so on, so nothing wrong there.

I have tried to delete the device without success. I have also tried to force a delete from the HC2 and resetting the button. But still the z-wave light on the HC2 flashes and the device is still there.

My HC2 is running 4.100 and the button is up to date according to the HC2.

How should I get the button to work?

Hello,

What happens when you try to force remove the device? What does the box at the top show?

Seems like a bad inclusion to me. Are you sure that both IDs refer to the same device?

• Topic Author
  • I think the button somehow was added twice. I have now managed to force remove the device after some difficulties. The button is working fine when it is close to the controller. But only sporadically when placed in the bedroom. I hope it will be better when the mesh network has been rebuilt.

Hi to all button user,

I tried to get some information in the siio.de forum. But it seems the button is not the hit in Germany.

First of all I had also problems to include the device. Only when there is contact to HC2 I am able to include it. When it is 1m away i don't get all parameters and the button is shown as remote control.

But after including it seems he works proper. Where ever I placed it in my mesh-net, pushing the button is reported in the home center. But no Magic Scene starts. I also tried LUA-Code but it looks like the ID is not correct. 

I been told to use the ID of the Subdevice. But as mentioned above by Rafael, there is no "Cardboard box".

Should i have one?

Maybe Fibaro could give some hints about that and about known issues with the button.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hi @ggoetz56

Button has also master device but you cannot see it if you click on button to edit it. But you can find its master if you select Devices view and then click on last option "Show all" on the left column where is list of all devices then scroll down to Unassigned room and it will be there with ID that is in your case 258, since your button ID is 259 as on above picture.

My button also stop responding after some time on first push like it needs to be waken up, but then after I change "Wake up interval" on Advanced tab from 0 sec to 4000 sec now is working ok. Of course, after you push it, it needs around second or two to react.

It is strange that is not working with magic scenes but I don't know why because I use only LUA. LUA scene is working for me as expected. Here is code for it:

Please login or register to see this code.

My button ID is 484 so to work for you, you need to replace it with your button ID.

Oh, and just to mention that I added my button on first attempt successfully on 1 meter distance from HC2.

Hi Sankotronik,

thankx for your brief explanation. I also tried LUA-Code to work with my button.

2 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

local pressSource = fibaro:getSourceTrigger()["event"]["data"]

the line above reports 

[DEBUG] 17:50:13: line 9: attempt to index field ‚event‘ (a nil value)

Also a LUA-Script which reports all known IDs in my meshnet would not report an ID 259. I tought  perhaps because it is declared as a CentralSceneEvent. 

And you are right. If found the hidden Box in the Device section.  But it is also correct to use the ID of the Subdevice? In my case 259 and NOT 258.

Edited by ggoetz56

First of all this scene is not supposed to be run manually with RUN button. If you do that then you will get that error what you mentioned above. You suppose to correct button ID in above scene and then try to press button to see if you will get proper notification in debug window which is for your info bellow window with source code.

Secondly, I don't know nothing about your LUA code or script that reports what ever it reports. I gave you quite clear information how to find master device of your button which is by the way hidden in the system.

ID 259 can be clearly seen on above picture which YOU posted. So if your LUA code can't find it, then either picture is old and that button is not included in the system anymore or you better check your LUA-Script because it is then not working properly.

Thanks for your information.

19 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

First of all this scene is not supposed to be run manually with RUN button. If you do that then you will get that error what you mentioned above.

That's the reason for the error code. But then LUA behaves like the Magic sceen. Nothing happens when I push the Button except the webinterface reports Transfer OK.

If been told the Button icon will change if you press 2x or 3x times. That don't happend in my chase. I believe the button is'nt  included correct. (I in/exlude it about 10 times) I ordered another one. But i will try changing the wakeup time as well.

My problem is that this is my first button and i don't know how the device behaves correct. There are a lot of Youtube videos but all like Fibaros marketing video, that won't help in that case. I only found a russian video, but its hard for me to understand what happens. I see if he clicks two times the button icon change in 2x icon. The won't happens in my case.  Normally you can't make any mistakes creating a magic scene with the button.

The only explanation to me is- this button is defect. 

The new button works perfect. Takes me 4 min to receive a message on my phone that the button was pushed.

My first button is working perfectly fine. We use it to change favorite stations on Sonos Remote and to turn On/Off our TV and set-top box. It is true that it requires about 1-2 seconds to react, but that is expected since after last push it waits a little bit longer to see if there will be more pushes or not. I just ordered another one that we will use to reset Smarter Coffee VD after cleaning filter or pouring water in it.

On 9/12/2016 at 1:10 PM, ggoetz56 said:

Thanks for your information.

That's the reason for the error code. But then LUA behaves like the Magic sceen. Nothing happens when I push the Button except the webinterface reports Transfer OK.

If been told the Button icon will change if you press 2x or 3x times. That don't happend in my chase. I believe the button is'nt  included correct. (I in/exlude it about 10 times) I ordered another one. But i will try changing the wakeup time as well.

My problem is that this is my first button and i don't know how the device behaves correct. There are a lot of Youtube videos but all like Fibaros marketing video, that won't help in that case. I only found a russian video, but its hard for me to understand what happens. I see if he clicks two times the button icon change in 2x icon. The won't happens in my case.  Normally you can't make any mistakes creating a magic scene with the button.

The only explanation to me is- this button is defect. 

I have more than 30 devices on my network and have been using Fibaro for almost two years. Quite a decent programmer as well. I'm seeing the exact same problem with the FGPB. It worked a few times and then reverted to just showing "transfer OK" in the interface - not executing magic scenes nor LUA. I belive there's some basic design flaw in at least some of the buttons.

Edited by elisiussen
    Spelling error

• 2 weeks later...

One of my 3 white buttons did not wanted to be included in both HC2 and HCL, so yeah, not good.... The other 2 white ones look cheap and at like a cheap product because the spring is not pushing back the upper part..... Just to compare, i have bought 3 brown ones soon after they were released and they work and look super! Very, very big difference in the way they are made....

I bought a blue and a red one. Both can be added without any problems to my HC2, but none of them triggers anything in the HC2, no reactions, no LUA-scenes, nothing. However, a quadruple-klick wakes them up to sync new setting, so I guess they are working. I'm sending these back...

8 hours ago, PaddySe said:

I bought a blue and a red one. Both can be added without any problems to my HC2, but none of them triggers anything in the HC2, no reactions, no LUA-scenes, nothing. However, a quadruple-klick wakes them up to sync new setting, so I guess they are working. I'm sending these back...

Not nice... It seems they are problematic overall...... I do not want to jump into a conclusion but my first ones are working just fine. It seems like the QQ is not doing their job....

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem here with 3xwhite buttons and 1xred.  They all did their job fine for months now I get the "transfer ok" but not the 1x or 2x and the scene associated dosent run.  At the moment its lucky if the buttons work 10% of the time.

Guest aj84

I too have had issues with 2 of the buttons I have (orange and green I think) in exactly the same scenario but in my case they have both sorted themselves out randomly and are working.  Every so often, the bedroom one does still play up but the main one for me which is the electric gates works fine again.

To be honest, as it's so erratic, I won't purchase anymore and currently with the integration of Alexa, the echo dot is much more reliable than the buttons we have

I have two black ones and both were included without any problems and working as expected. One we use to start/stop watching TV scene and other one for reseting Coffee machine VD and to change global variables for kitchen and dining room to keep lights on controlled with VSL scene.

Before sending them back, I decided to try them out with my HCL (which is at a different location which is why I didn't try it immediately). They worked without any problems!

But when I try to use them with my HC2, they can only be included/excluded, and nothing else. I guess it's a problem with my HC2, and there's probably nothing to do about that... So no magic Fibaro mushrooms for my home... :(

Support have got back to me and have replicated the problem.  Lets see if a solution appears.