Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibario - New App for lighting

Matt.hiscock

Question

Hello Everyone.

I have what I consider a pretty typical setup.  A nest and FIbaro lights and smokes.  Pretty basic 10 circuits, nothing special happening here.

While I think the Fibaro app is pretty decent, I wanted something I little more focused and polished for me.

So, I have built a Android and IOS app which is modelled on the look and feel of the Savant app:

Please login or register to see this link.

The app is fully working, just need a visual improvement - but it looks decent already.  Its a side project - so dev will happen when i have time.

I never planned on realising this in the wild, but a few people who have seen it love it - so thinking about submitting to relevant stores.

Its boring features are:

- Picks up weather and such like

- Pick up NEST information (via Fibaro home centre or home centre lite)

- Get all relevant devices from the system

- Allows you to input your IP / user / pass (and saves) to allow connectivity to the home centre / lite (can use dyndns for those not on static IPs at home)

- Runs via HTTP - so will work inside and outside the home. (use local IP on the internal only devices)

The more interesting features are:

- Allows you to (So much easier than Fibaro) create scenes on the app - in a lovely interface.

- Will sync all settings of the scenes with either the Fibaro box, or Dropbox (or similar)

- Might make it control the Nest also and other device types which fit within the focus of the app & alerts

- Keeps the device alive if desired (prevent screen off)

What im looking to do:

- Get some flush wall mounts of ipad Minis / Andriod tabs made up (using 3D printers to keep costs low)

- Have these as wall mounted control centres 

- keep the cost very low.

- Allow people to re-use these old devices - rather than capture dust in a draw.

Is there much appetite for such stuff in this community? If so ill look to finish it up and develop.  Ill probably put it up as a paid app, mainly to cover costs and support / continious development.

I will stress this is not a replacement for the Fibaro app - its just more focused and beautiful.

• Inquirer
  • Another little sneak peak.... (thats a working screenshot btw)

Lots of design tweaks to come.

In response to people above

Yes, it will hopefully work on legacy versions of ios and android.  The hope is that people and re-use older devices - as the tasks are very basic.

It will be on Android and IOS

The initial app is very much focused on lighting control, however it be extended to include anything which can be served up from the Fibaro api, and then additional systems which have API access (Creston, Luton etc)

That said, the changes im putting in now, will be able to trigger any current scene which is currently in the system.

Im open to suggestions, ideas, wish lists and such like, so please feel free to post them up.

The app itself must remain very simple to use - its not a admin tool, but a GUI friendly way of setting up things for the masses.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

can you implement a option (root) users that allows for "wave to unlock."   Id also be open to testing the android tablet apk!  

Guest roen2000

This sounds really interesting. 

Waiting for more info.