Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Distinctive sound notifications for FIBARO APP! PLEASE!

rss

Hello to all!

Everyone use many applications on smartphones, so many notifications ... I think it is very important to make the difference when I receive a push notification from Whatsapp or Fibaro flood sensor!

How many years must to go for dedicated sound notification in Fibaro app!?

I need so much to set a distinctive sound notification and I search for a solution in this forum... i find this:

and this

Very nice topics, first from 1 september 2015 and second 28 february 2016... no response/solution from Fibaro support.

In my case i have at least 6 application with the same sound notification (eg: whatsapp, ip camera, weather, mail, fitness app, Fibaro app and many other app....). Fortunately for some app is possible to change default sound notification, for the rest...

I WATING A SOLUTION, AND WATING, WATING... NOTHING CHANGE...

WHAT IS SO DIFFICULT!?

PS: I have HCL, so, no chance for LUA or another magic script...

Edited by rss

Dnia 6.12.2016 o 00:19, rss napisał:

Hello to all!

Everyone use many applications on smartphones, so many notifications ... I think it is very important to make the difference when I receive a push notification from Whatsapp or Fibaro flood sensor!

I need so much to set a distinctive sound notification and I search for a solution in this forum... i find this:

and this

Very nice topics, first from 1 september 2015 and second 28 february 2016... no response/solution from Fibaro support.

In my case i have at least 6 application with the same sound notification (eg: whatsapp, ip camera, weather, mail, fitness app, Fibaro app and many other app....). Fortunately for some app is possible to change default sound notification, for the rest...

I WATING A SOLUTION, AND WATING, WATING... NOTHING CHANGE...

WHAT IS SO DIFFICULT!?

PS: I have HCL, so, no chance for LUA or another magic script...

Hello,

I  forwarded your suggestion as an improvement to our team. :-)

• Topic Author
  •  

Thank you very much!

I think it will be a very important improvement for notifications.

• 4 weeks later...
    • 7 months later...
    • 4 months later...
  • Topic Author
  •  

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Another year, 2018, beginning without distinctive sound notification for Fibaro Android mobile app, only option is default sound notification from phone OS..

I start this topic in december 2016, after I read other suggestions from september 2015, now is 2018, nothing change.

On 12/7/2016 at 12:12 PM, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

I  forwarded your suggestion as an improvement to our team. :-)

On 12/13/2016 at 12:07 PM, sirKitKat said:

Very good suggestion!

On 1/5/2017 at 9:11 PM, imdomo said:

Indeed a very good suggestion, I hope it is implemented soon in iOS.

I repeat, what I say first time in this topic

1. I think is very important to know if notification it is from Fibaro (my smart home) or another banal application like weather, mail, shopping... maybe I drive or I have my phone in the pocket with bags in my hands, i want to know if is something urgent!

2. important to know type of alert for different situations  from Fibaro app, if notification is from normal alert (light on, someone who calling at the door, low temperature in balcony) or a dangerous situations like a fire, major leak or something else with high priority...

It is so bad idea, it is so difficult to make this option in Fibaro app, it is impossible!? What is happening!?

I expect at least one answer this year from Fibaro team, whay it is not possible for Fibaro app to have its own notification sound, even more, for different types of events.

Dear members, what do you think? Please, let your feedback for Fibaro team.

Thank you!

• Like 1

@rss, the suggestion has not been denied. However, the roadmap of the development of the app couldn't fit the suggestion. I know... it was the whole year - but a very busy year for us. I will personally ask the team when it is possible to introduce this feature.

• Topic Author
  • @T.Konopka I appreciate your (fast) answer.

I waiting a response from your team and maybe will find a solution  for this improvement.

I think users will appreciate.

Thank you, again!

I hope so that this future in one of the next updates available is. I had previously a Homewizard and there I could select a sound for several notifications. And i hope that are coming to the Fibaro app.

• 1 month later...
  • Topic Author
  • On 1/3/2018 at 5:32 PM, T.Konopka said:

@rss, the suggestion has not been denied. However, the roadmap of the development of the app couldn't fit the suggestion. I know... it was the whole year - but a very busy year for us. I will personally ask the team when it is possible to introduce this feature.

Any answer!?

Next release, next month, in this summer... I still waiting good news.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Topic Author
  • On 1/3/2018 at 5:32 PM, T.Konopka said:

With all due respect, how big is the distance to the team? A few light years!

The mobile application should have several categories of notifications, depending on the importance.

Ok, not many categories. But at least a different sound. 

I have important Fibaro notification like more others application from my Android OS.....

What is so complicated to change that!??

There are no other users who want this change / improvement !?

Hi @rss,

i like that improvement very much so, although i believe that fibaro all hands on Home Center Firmware which is still buggy for ages,sometimes better sometimes worth. So i do hope that they will first clean the bugs before making new improvements, which may introduce new bugs.

• Topic Author
  • 4 hours ago, Bodyart said:

i like that improvement very much so,

@Bodyart thanks for your opinion, I'm happy to know that.

Sure, it is important to have a good firmware version, but at least 2 years it is so long for dedicated sound of push notification, like many others app have too...

So good luck for the team, but before several types of notifications (depending on the alert level), I expect at least something different than the default sound of android OS.

If you are on Android, you can use Tasker and Autonotification to do that. sorry I don't have a premade setup because I dont have done that (yet) but it is possible.

Jim

@rss , we understand that you would like to have the improvement introduced to the app as soon as possible. And personally I like the suggestion and I am reminding the team about the demand for it. But... we are focusing on resolving crucial issues within the system and apps now. And I know, that suggestion was submitted long time ago and, honestly, I do not have an excuse for that.

The improvement is on the list of the ones that we want to implement (I will not indicate what the other improvements are :P) so, you can be sure that we will do it after solving crucial issues first ;)