Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

VENTILATION - does anyone have that in HC2?

Guest jfu

Question

Guest jfu

Does anyone have expirience in managing ventilation (or recuperation) by Fibaro system?

On the webpage it looks very promissing but I havent found how to implement it in real.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Yes:

Sensor CO2 -> RGBW in/out (id1572) -> scene -> RGBW in/out (id1590) -> EC Fan (input PWM)

Scene:

--[[

%% autostart

%% properties

1572 value

%% events

%% globals

--]]

local startSource = fibaro:getSourceTrigger();

local CO2SALON=math.floor(fibaro:getValue(1572, "value"));

fibaro:debug('CO2  Salon '  .. CO2SALON .. ' ppm ');

if (

( tonumber(fibaro:getValue(1572, "value")) > 1300 )

or

startSource["type"] == "other"

)

then

fibaro:call(1590, "setValue", "100");

fibaro:call(1590, "turnOn");

fibaro:debug('Wentylacja Salon (R) 100 %');

else if (

( tonumber(fibaro:getValue(1572, "value")) > 1200 )

or

)

then

fibaro:call(1590, "setValue", "75");

fibaro:debug('Wentylacja Salon (R) 75 %'); 

else if (

( tonumber(fibaro:getValue(1572, "value")) > 1000 )

or

)

then

fibaro:call(1590, "setValue", "50");

fibaro:debug('Wentylacja Salon (R) 50 %'); 

else if (

( tonumber(fibaro:getValue(1572, "value")) > 800 )

or

)

then

fibaro:call(1590, "setValue", "25");

fibaro:debug('Wentylacja Salon (R) 25 %'); 

else if (

( tonumber(fibaro:getValue(1572, "value")) <= 800 )

or

)

then

fibaro:call(1590, "turnOff");

fibaro:debug('Wentylacja Salon (R) 0 %');

end       

end

end

end 

end 

RGBW (id1590) is powered by 10 VDC fan Ziehl-Abegg EC55; PWM control by the PNP transistor to reverse PWM signal:

Edited by adamkorski

I have created my own scene to set the fan speed of my Pluggit VMC system.
Nothing that come as default .... you need to use your imagination.

Guest jfu
  • Inquirer
  • Thanks guys. I gues I need a lot of imagination ;-]

Looking at Fibaro's webpage it seem like it should be with a kind of template ready to use...

In the fact I think you can (in a simple way) create a block scene based on some sensors input that control a relay switch for turning on and off a vent (ventilation system).

Depend on your ventilation system , of course.

Mine require modbus_over_tcp programming to change ventilation speed and any other settings.

And no plug-in ready for the use.

Regards

Edited by candrea77

No need to buy the ventilation system (recuperation) together with the control system. It can save a few Eur :) 

The stepless control of the fans, bypass, tepmeratur can be realized on Fibarosystem.

Guest jfu
  • Inquirer
  • Thanks for the advice. I'm wondering how to set up and start up the ventilation panel as presented in attached picture.

How to set up in one device few functionalities (temperatures (in/out/exhaust/fresh air, + steering the device on/off, 1,2,3 gear)?

I used a AEON6 in 1 sensor for reading out the humidity of the bathroom.  When this is higher than 65% a scene switches an powerplug to on. On this powerplug the ventilation of the bathroom is powered.  When the humidity drops to 55% it is set back off. 

This way the ventilation (noise) is only active when needed and not when brushing teeths or using the toilet :-)

When you have a central venting system you should need to know what the desired behavour is and program this with scenes. 

Good luck!

Guest jfu
  • Inquirer
  • Yes. One thing is to know what are desired actions. But second is how to present it in the system.

Ideally for me would be to have everything in one device - not to have one switch for 1st gear, another for 2nd gear, somewhere else temperature etc.

In Fibaro "commercial" it is presented as it should be possible to combine it in one device even using many switches and sensors.

Depend on your vetilation system. This could be with many sigle vent or a single centralized unit.

As far as I know there is no a Vent system that naturally speak zwave for a standard integration.

Unfortunately fibaro system only support zwave integration : but as you can immagine there is a lot of protocol for home automation.

In my case the vent system is a single unit that speak modbus over tcp/ip.

I've do my personal VD and use it to set some personal things :

1. Program mode that can be HC2 controlled, weekly cycle or manual
    2. Set the vent speed in case of manual mode.

A combination of the VD and Lua Scene automatically set the vent unit as desidered and report back to me through the VD some usefull information like temperature and bypass status.

But none of this is present in a "out of the box" form.

I've do my search over internet and I've got some usefull tips from someone that already have programmed the vent unit using powershell (

Please login or register to see this link.

)

Then I do my own personal porting of the code in the Lua form.

Guest jfu
  • Inquirer
  • Candrea77 thanks for the tip. I'm using ventilation system without any output socket (no LAN/LON on board).

So I have to workshop on my own just as You did.

I've made some progress - presenting on the picture below, and got the point that there is no template ready for use in Fiabro system.

But still what's interesting me is how to convince Fibaro system that this virtual device is the one responsible for ventilation... another picture attached (ventilation is "disabled").

In Your screenshots I see fan speed is there also information on which gear is ventilation at the moment?

HEllo,

I have undesrtoos your meaning ..... I thin that at this time fibaro don't have a specific template for use the function as in your picturn number 2.

BTW : On my system , green box is used for set the speed when in manual mode , red box is the currently speed read from VMC unit (gear)

Guest jfu
  • Inquirer
  • Thanks candrea77. I think Your solution is reasonable, probably I will do the same.

I'm going to ask Fibaro team about this ventilation icon on ipad's main screen (how to activate it). 

Guest jfu
  • Inquirer
  • One more subject.

If I'm creating virtual device as a combination of many devices it would be good to have clean desktop to hide devices doubled by virtual device.

But when I'm doing it power consumption disappears.

Is there possibility to add power consumption of virtual device?

Mmmm ... I don't understand why you need power consumption on VD ....... alos at this time I think is not possibile to set power consumption to VD.

Guest jfu
  • Inquirer
  • The answer is simply ;-]

If I want to use virtual device which controls few other (not virtual) devices, it would be good to hide those real devices and leave only virtual one, but in such case power consumption will disappear.

The topic has been moved from "

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

Gents, 

Did you publish your code for ventilation VD somewhere? This is what I'm looking for right now - how to combine real devices and scenes and present them as a VD.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:49 PM, jfu said:

Thanks candrea77. I think Your solution is reasonable, probably I will do the same.

I'm going to ask Fibaro team about this ventilation icon on ipad's main screen (how to activate it). 

Hello, Any luck to find out how make ventilation active on ipads? also I don't have any of it icons active AC, HUNIDITY ? also looking, Thanks

Guest FredrikKarlsson
  • Inquirer
  • On 2016-12-11 at 9:54 PM, jfu said:

Candrea77 thanks for the tip. I'm using ventilation system without any output socket (no LAN/LON on board).

So I have to workshop on my own just as You did.

I've made some progress - presenting on the picture below, and got the point that there is no template ready for use in Fiabro system.

But still what's interesting me is how to convince Fibaro system that this virtual device is the one responsible for ventilation... another picture attached (ventilation is "disabled").

In Your screenshots I see fan speed is there also information on which gear is ventilation at the moment?

Sorry @candrea77 but I think ventilation is not implemented, at least not in the way imagined by the marketing department of Fibaro.  I have a Fibaro relay specifically marked as controlling a ceiling fan, but it does not show up in the interface at the point you describe. It may well be that it will be implemented in the future, but it's at least not working for me.

So, this is bad form by Fibaro, and they should really get their "to do" system in order and start implementing stuff they promised in advertisement and not delivered before starting on other stuff.

Mind you, Fibaro is by now means worst in the sector in this respect. I had a Zipabox before, and laughed so often at the difference between what they advertised and what they sold.

I assume the laws / cultures regarding advertising are different between countries, but please Fibaro, understand that advertising something and then not delivering for costumers that you later want to have a long standing relationship with (what's the point of having a Fibaro ID otherwise?) is just not good business practice.

In this case, you showed a part of an interface that just don't exist in the iPad app (did it ever).

On 2016-12-11 at 7:30 PM, jfu said:

And if the functionality is there, it should then work, I think, for all devices marked as controlling fans and stuff like that. What's the point of having devices marked in categories (except lighting) otherwise???

Figaro never reply, it so many post regarding that issue, never respond, it is useless then if climate control not work as advertise