Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SCENE] Main scene FTBE v1.3.4

Sankotronic

Question

Main scene FTBE v 1.3.4

Hello everyone!

NEW version is OUT!

More about scene and download you can find here:

WHAT'S NEW:

• Main scene FTBE 1.3.4 - changed function for time of day calculation and added use of SleepState global to set time of day to morning when Awake  regardless of current time
  • Main scene FTBE 1.3.0 - cleaned some bugs, added some more checks to prevent scene from stop running due to errors. Optimized and compacted code, removed unnecessary comments. DemoMode only stops changing timers while user code and scheduled events will continue to execute. Darkness can now be changed by measured lux level or global variable that is set to lux value measured by light measuring devices placed outside. Scene is now running on setTimeout function instead on sleep for better timing and also aligns to 0 seconds or exact minute.
  • Sunrise & Sunset VD v1.4.0 - Modified main loop code to better handle global variables. Variables are now automatically repaired and are not reset to default settings after HC2 reboot. Added variable SunriseIcon to store VD icon ID and now when main icon for VD is set also all button icons are set automatically.
  • Home Status VD v1.1 - Added variable HomeStatIcon to store VD icon ID and now when main icon for VD is set also all button icons are set automatically. Added label that shows most important values on VD when closed.
  • Home Timers VD v1.1 - Added variable HomeTimersIcon to store VD icon ID and now when main icon for VD is set also all button icons are set automatically. Added label that shows most important values on VD when closed.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

NOTE - This version is compatible with previous versions so need to do any changes in your current code of other scenes and VD's.

REQUEST - If you like my work and found it useful please give me support by rating and writing short review. Thank you! :-)

PS

Dear friends from Slovakia you can find this scene and VD translated to your language here: 

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by Sankotronic
Updated to new version
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 6

Guest andyhud

So it was all working fine today, but after I went out for a few hours, came home and checked debug logs again, now got this

Same as @tangkaufw

Now its not running at all. :(

Any ideas @Sankotronic ?

Edited by andyhud

After more than a week I decided to reboot the HC2 and did a soft reboot by clicking "restart"button in configuration screen.

After the reboot I checked the seen and it seems to run fine now no more errors.

Let see how long this will stay on think have a look after a cople of days if the scene is still running fine.

Guest andyhud
34 minutes ago, tangkaufw said:

After more than a week I decided to reboot the HC2 and did a soft reboot by clicking "restart"button in configuration screen.

After the reboot I checked the seen and it seems to run fine now no more errors.

Let see how long this will stay on think have a look after a cople of days if the scene is still running fine.

Thanks @tangkaufw

I also did that and it worked once, but then it happened again so I soft rebooted my HC2 but the error re-appears

I dont actually think this is a problem specific with this scene. I've now seen similar errors showing in the debug log for a number of scenes I've implemented by @AutoFrankand @Sankotronic which show the "(a nil value)" error in the debug logs. Its like the latest firmware changes by Fibaro for the HC2 have changed "something" that is causing these problems to appear.  I'm on HC2 firmware v4.510. I've not updated to the beta 4.511

Guest andyhud

Stopped again, same error.. very sporadic.. had to reboot HC2 to get it back working.

Edit: Take that back.. look, just stopped randomly.. didnt even do anything!

• Inquirer
  • 15 hours ago, andyhud said:

Stopped again, same error.. very sporadic.. had to reboot HC2 to get it back working.

Edit: Take that back.. look, just stopped randomly.. didnt even do anything!

Hi Andy,

when this happens again can you please make screenshot of the Sunrise and Sunset VD so I can see values there? Thank you

For me is happening after SAVE when I'm adding something new in the script... a new schedule for a scene for example.

It is fixed after a reboot or after I start the scene manually few times (after a while).

Guest andyhud

@Sankotronic and @adyboss

Yep, I think I'm seeing the same issues as you @adyboss - its when I change something and hit save. I have to reboot HC2 and start the scene manually and then sometimes it will start successfully. Othertimes it wont so I just leave it and come back to it , hit start again and keep fingers crossed. If I dont touch it (once its working) it does seem to be fine.. it was all fine last week, but I made a change this week and then got below.

You can see from below I've tried to hit start 3 times (one at 17:21, one at 22:23 and one again this morning at 08:54) and each time it just fails with this. I'm going to reboot my HC2 again now.

Also is my Sunset and Sunrise VD and I've highlighted some values which dont seem to be populated correctly either

More than happy to help try and triage this @Sankotronic - so let me know if you need me to do anything but unfortunately my main timer has packed up :(

Thanks

Andy

Guest andyhud

I've rebooted again this morning and without doing anything, just opening the scene and looking at the debug window its now working again.

My Sunset and Sunrise VD is now populated correctly too. Again, not doing anything other than a reboot. But I "suspect" if I change something in the FTBE Scene it will fail again and a few reboots will bring it back to life.

Something isnt quite right.. but very hard to tell.

Edited by andyhud

• Inquirer
  • Hi Andy,

according to the screenshot of Sunrise & Sunset VD you used Save button in global variable panel destroying global variable for Day Starts at, Night Starts at and Open blinds at. These label values should be in format "00:00" and not just number.

Please do not use Save button in global variable panel, or if you have to use it then after pressing Save in global var panel open Sunrise & Sunset VD for editing and just save it so that it can correct global variable values. Since after saving Sunrise & Sunset VD or rebooting HC2 margin times are reset you can open Sunrise & Sunset VD go to main loop code and then there change default times that you want to use.

Anyway, there is no need for rebooting system if this times are destroyed, just open Sunrise & Sunset VD for editing and save it so that main loop restarts and rebuilds global variable values.

I'm working on new version of Main scene FTBE that will have better handling when this error happens and will add some more features.

Hi @Sankotronic,

I have not used the variables panel when the scene was crashed. As I told you, I was only added a new "REPEATING SCENES SETUP" value (populating all data there) and after I save it it was happened exactly what @andyhud said.

Fixed with a reboot (the easy way) or fixed after tried few minutes later to run the scene (manually starting it).

Regarding "do not save" a change in the variables panel... Is the correct way? I mean if I'm adding there a variable or if I change something, the save button appear to be pressed or if not, changes are lost. At least this is what Fibaro UI present...

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, adyboss said:

Regarding "do not save" a change in the variables panel... Is the correct way? I mean if I'm adding there a variable or if I change something, the save button appear to be pressed or if not, changes are lost. At least this is what Fibaro UI present...

Adding or deleting global variables in global variable panel does not require to click on Save button. Changing global variable value there requires pressing Save button so I recommend not to use panel to change value of global var. If Save is pressed in panel then Main scene will stop working. Why HC2 destroys global variable values you have to ask Fibaro developer team since I have no clue why.

But no worries, Main scene FTBE v1.3.0 with new Sunrise & Sunset VD is on the way. Most important feature will be self repair of global variables if for some reason user pressed Save button in global var panel :-)

• Inquirer
  • HELLO ALL!

New version of Main scene FTBE is uploaded to Forum DOWNLOAD section. I hope that it will be approved on Monday.

User Manual is now part of the download package so I have removed instructions from forum.

Thank you all for reporting, suggestions and support!

Enjoy coding :-)

• Like 1
    • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Thank you for doing this for the community!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

HELLO ALL!

New version of Main scene FTBE is uploaded to Forum DOWNLOAD section. I hope that it will be approved on Monday.

User Manual is now part of the download package so I have removed instructions from forum.

Enjoy coding :-)

Sankotronic

Thank you for all you effort in putting a new version available for the community.

But seems for me unable to download.

I get an error not allowed, I do not have permission.

Edited by tangkaufw
    download error

• Inquirer
  • Hi @tangkaufw ,

It is awaiting for forum administrator to approve updated download. I hope it will be approved and available to download on Monday. It seems that forum administrators are not working on weekends neither they visit forum on their free time.

As usual, your work is great Sankotronic.

Scene and VD installed without issues and working nice, with one exception… I can’t realize what’s wrong, User Location is not calculated correctly, because in fact is not set for my SuperUser.

Main Scene:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_11/image.png.058f8cf821d7942ea470d2589dff4e3b.png" alt="image.png.058f8cf821d7942ea470d2589dff4e3b.png" />

Shall I create another normal user and use it in the scenes?

Thanks a lot.

Hi @Sankotronic ,

Thanks for the nice VD's.

I have imported the Sunrise & sunset VD but I am wondering how to get the icon's?

In your manual I see a screenshot like this:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_11/Manual.JPG.d709c39981fbd5c8a4e8a7a2b61ccb71.JPG" alt="Manual.JPG.d709c39981fbd5c8a4e8a7a2b61ccb71.JPG" /> 

But I end up with:

NoIcon.JPG.fd7b0db3230b53e9257e5edca3cf7ccc.JPG

How do I get the icon's and how do I fit it in?

Thanks

Remi