Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Video/Audio doorbell with fibaro

Eduardo Real

Question

Hello!

I'm trying to install a video doorbell that allows bidirectional audio with the Fibaro Intercom interface. I've found a way to use an IP camera with a double relay that can do the trick as a video doorbell minus the audio.

There's no problem it is a WiFi product like Skybell HD, I just want to use it within the Fibaro Intercom with video and audio.

Thanks!!

14 answers to this question

Hi @Eduardo Real, the only important notice is that your videogate product respect the VoIP (SIP) standard, because HC2 work as a SIP / Proxy server and the Intercom app as a simple client VoIP who registers on HC2. The videogate must register in the same way on the SIP Server (HC2) or it will never be possible to call the other extensions ( Intercom App or VoIP phone)

Enrico

• Inquirer
  • Really? 

Fibaro Mexico told me that the HC2 only worked as a client, not as a server. Or I need additional hardware to set up a SIP Video Doorbell with the HC2?

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:10 PM, Eduardo Real said:

Really? 

Fibaro Mexico told me that the HC2 only worked as a client, not as a server. Or I need additional hardware to set up a SIP Video Doorbell with the HC2?

?!?!? Strange, there is some documetation about this feature of Fibaro, and in any case i confirm that HC2, works as a simple PBX SIP, and records under him any kind of VoIP client: telephone, videophone or Ipad/Iphone with app Intercom. Once the client has registered with its own internal and its password, for the system is available and can accept calls and make calls to other registered client in the same PBX. Among the interesting functions it is also to make a transfer to a third party client, like in an office telephone network.

Enrico

Does anyone know when the fibaro intercom will come on sale in the U.K.? I'm dying to get my hands on one after seeing the YouTube videos! 

On 8. 1. 2017 at 0:12 AM, krisstoff said:

Does anyone know when the fibaro intercom will come on sale in the U.K.? I'm dying to get my hands on one after seeing the YouTube videos! 

Knowing is strong word but current assumption is midway throu 2'017. (tho i belive their adverts are aimed at

Please login or register to see this link.

)

Afterall there allready were few people whom claim they got to test it last year so it would stand to reason that it is nearing completion.

Edited by Kuba13
    i can not type

Let's hope so @Kuba13! I did send an e-mail to Fibaro Global enquiring about new releases this year, and their very cryptic reply said "We will ensure you will not be disappointed this year" maybe there a few more things to be released, however we could all spend all day speculating...

14 hours ago, krisstoff said:

Let's hope so @Kuba13! I did send an e-mail to Fibaro Global enquiring about new releases this year, and their very cryptic reply said "We will ensure you will not be disappointed this year" maybe there a few more things to be released, however we could all spend all day speculating...

Its marketing that replied with that, i do not trust marketing annything. Bessides there are 2 things that are to be released this year (plus bunch of modules that wil be Z5-ified) the PSX looking remote and intercom.

Given what i've red around forums there will be more HomeKit modules to come aswell so there is quite a bit of just rebuilding curent devices that might take precedense over new device.

Let's just say that it is expected to arrive 2'017 but it would not suprise me if it arrive 2'071 XD.

Edited by Kuba13
    typos oh you reacherous monsters

Fibaro intercom is a hot topic, but when Fibaro will be sure it's ready to go with AP for Android/iOS, they will release it. Atleast samples.

Always take marketing with a pinch of salt...over promise, under deliver is the norm nowadays.

I would be interested to find out how the battery life is for the intercom. 1 week? 4 weeks?

9 hours ago, chaicka said:

Always take marketing with a pinch of salt...over promise, under deliver is the norm nowadays.

I would be interested to find out how the battery life is for the intercom. 1 week? 4 weeks?

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2017_01/kamennajod.jpg.3cf9ad2c942245eb68f345868222e7b1.jpg" alt="kamennajod.jpg" />

Pinch is not enough! (1KG of table salt with iodine for some bloody reasson)

Unless you live under UK law (where it is illegall to lie in advertisement. i want that law to be embraced world wide) you got to take EVERYTHING anny marketing person or company says, writes, sugests, with at least pinch of salt.

Hi all !

I search for a Fibaro HC2 compatible video intercom (video doorbell), for outdoor use, with wifi or LAN. Can anyone recommend this kind of device for a  family house ?

HI @iTibor,

If you use Android phones / tablets then DON'T by a 2N intercom like Helios IP Vario.

Fibaro has a Plugin for it since quit some time, but this only works with iPhone's though Fibaro doesn't mention that.

So in this case you can save about € 1100!

Mobotix seems to work with Android and iPhone's but I didn't test it.

Hi @TRicky

Thanks for the information about the incompatibility problem between Helios IP Vario intercom and Android devices.

And about the Mobotix : did you mean this kind of device? 

Please login or register to see this link.

That Android incompatibility is with all intercoms integrated to Fibaro SIP, because Fibaro developers did not made Android intercom app.

What we recommend in CZ, is app from intercom manufacturer. I know it is impractical, but it is only way for Android users.

Edited by jakub.jezek