Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Virtual thermostat widget personalization - Any help?

freespirits

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new in the Fibaro/LUA programming scene and I'm looking for some help to create a virtual device.

So far I was able to create a Virtual Device that will allow me to turn on a specific thermostatic valve based on a set Temperature and Room Temperature.

I created this panel using LUA scripts:

Please login or register to see this image.

It's made of:

- A Label that contains both the desired and actual room temperature

- Various buttons that allow you to quickly change the desired room temperature

It's a tiny panel that has all the functions I need and that I could personalize easily furthermore.

In Fibaro Home screen the virtual device is shown this way:

termostato3.JPG

Which is... sort of good... however it's not really capable of various functions. :)

If I understood correctly the elements that will be shown on the widget are those that have the "Main" radio button selected in the Advanced configuration:

For example I set "main" the Label and the "+" button:

termostato4.JPG

So... my questions are:

1- Is there a way to show more than a single button in the widget shown in Home page (just like Fibaro and other devices widgets do: ex. : termostato5.JPG

2- Is there a way to personalize the text/label of those buttons? Now the only available button has a "power on" symbol and can't be changed.

3- What's the meaning of the "favourite" flag? I tried selecting it but nothing seems to change.

I hope you guys can help me, I'll attach the virtual device file just in case some of you can help me (still in beta and eavily personalized for my system).

Thank you so much!

Nicola

Please login or register to see this attachment.

5 answers to this question

Hi @freespirits, welcome to Fibaro forum and wish you Merry Christmas!

1) On virtual device it is possible to show only one label with one button and one slider maximum.

2) On virtual device it is not possible to personalize button symbol and it is always "power" symbol shown.

3) I have no idea what "favorite" flag is for, never use it, but tested and notice same as you that no visible change if ticked. Maybe somebody who knows can lighten us up?

Regarding thermostat I can't help you cause I'm still looking for solution for my house so at the moment my HA is liberated from taking care of heating.

not played with VD for a couple of years but you used to be able to change button icon through rest api  element buttonIcon property

On 12/26/2016 at 1:46 AM, robmac said:

not played with VD for a couple of years but you used to be able to change button icon through rest api  element buttonIcon property

Hello @robmac,

I think what @freespirits meant is this icon:

Button Icons can be changed and even label, but the problem is if button is placed on basic view then it always have this "power" icon. Is there a way to change that icon with something else?

Edited by Sankotronic
Attachment quota filled up / deleting older stuff sorry :-(