Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Neo Coolcam - Power plug template

Geminium

Question

Hi,

Can you integrate a template for Neo Coolcam - Power plug z-wave plus.

Many Thanks

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Geminium

13 answers to this question

just to ask for this template. There are SO many updates but still no any new templates added.

Dnia 14.12.2016 o 14:57, Geminium napisał:

Can you integrate a template for Neo Coolcam - Power plug z-wave plus

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hello,

Please, send the template to our Support at [email protected]

Hi,

What happen, if somebody send a template? I already sent a template a few month ago (Domitech Z Bulb), but nothing happened. 

LOL.

Our Chinese friends create cheap Fibaro clones, costing Fibar money.. And now you seriously expect Fibar to invest time/money to ensure to loose even more money as a result of a nice implementation?

Sorry, but I am pretttty sure there will never be templates.

(albeit I don't believe they have ever built templates based on sent in stuff)

23 minutes ago, MaTi said:

Sorry, but I am pretttty sure there will never be templates.

(albeit I don't believe they have ever built templates based on sent in stuff)

I'm surprised that Fibaro instruct HC users to download device's template and send to Fibaro. That should really be removed and also disabled notification for devices that has no template because some of them are working just fine, others not. For those devices it would bi better to have some kind of compatibility list, but it has to be made by users ;-) 

And to be honest, I don't expect that Fibaro make templates for device types that they have like above mentioned smart plug or motion sensors, but I do expect from them to make templates for devices that they do not have and don't plan to make in the future like light bulbs.

For now I plan to stay loyal to Fibaro and I rather buy one of their quality products than dozen of those cheap Chinese stuff of questionable quality. That is because I want to support Fibaro to get even better because I will also benefit from that. Only who will not really benefit is my wallet :-D 

• Thanks 2

@Sankotronic totally agree!

However FIbaro might use the templates internally for their own archiving/awareness.. But yup, don't have the illusion they will build a template because you send something in ;)

@

Please login or register to see this link.

i sent a template to support more then 9 months ago. And not only i did as i see in this topic.

So please, fix this yesterday!

On 9/12/2017 at 1:24 PM, Sankotronic said:

I'm surprised that Fibaro instruct HC users to download device's template and send to Fibaro. That should really be removed and also disabled notification for devices that has no template because some of them are working just fine, others not. For those devices it would bi better to have some kind of compatibility list, but it has to be made by users ;-) 

And to be honest, I don't expect that Fibaro make templates for device types that they have like above mentioned smart plug or motion sensors, but I do expect from them to make templates for devices that they do not have and don't plan to make in the future like light bulbs.

For now I plan to stay loyal to Fibaro and I rather buy one of their quality products than dozen of those cheap Chinese stuff of questionable quality. That is because I want to support Fibaro to get even better because I will also benefit from that. Only who will not really benefit is my wallet :-D 

This might be an ideal reality in an ideal world. Real reality is, that Fibaro does not really care about their customers. Look at how the Nest plugin, or any other plugin or template is just put aside. This is becoming more and more a closed system, so it only encourage users to move away. There are some players out there and being one of the top players is just a question of time and the support of the customers. it can change overnight, when they start to feel betrayed.

Additionally, no one can build a home automation from Fibaro products only. You have to buy certain things from other vendors, like valve actuators, etc. Even the thermostat is something that you usually own already, before buying a Fibaro HC2. Expecting somebody to just swap a $250 thermostat for something less fancy, it's just out of reality...

Edited by lcseh

On 9/12/2017 at 2:39 PM, Reintjan said:

@

Please login or register to see this link.

i sent a template to support more then 9 months ago. And not only i did as i see in this topic.

So please, fix this yesterday!

I have filed a template for the Sensitive Doorstrip over two years ago. Have not heard anything - and the doorstrip is stil not included in the Fibaro system. I cannot believe it to be difficult to include as the strip can do nothing other than report door opened or closed. 

The end is near for Zwave and fibaro anyway ....in 2 years time the new 5G network and the new WIFI 6 will put a end to all these expensive modules.

Wifi modules are the future... there cheap use less power and will all be compatible.....  

AE13

W dniu 7.06.2019 o 20:02, gruuthuse napisał:

Koniec jest już bliski Zwave i fibaro ... za 2 lata nowa sieć 5G i nowa sieć WIFI 6 położy kres wszystkim tym drogim modułom.

Moduły Wifi są przyszłością ... tam tanie zużywają mniej energii i będą kompatybilne .....  

NOSTRADAMUS level HARD !