Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Doorbird

mradh

Question

Implemented doorbird. Advice is to use Axis Generic cam in order to display live feed from the door bird intercom.

Wow! Really Good Advice! Tks!

I've installed mine 202 but I'm having some problems with latency.

On 12/15/2016 at 10:41 PM, mradh said:

Implemented doorbird. Advice is to use Axis Generic cam in order to display live feed from the door bird intercom.

Hey @mradh,

I have been on the fence about installing a doorbird for a while now. How are you liking it so far? Any idea if it is possible to integrate with the fibaro intercom app?

Thanks

I succesfully integrated camera from doorbird without using Axis Generic plugin.

IP adress you have to fill in folowing format: username:password@Doorbird_IP (e.g. ggxxxx0001:[email protected]).

And i fill mjpg and jpg folowing: bha-api/video.cgi

I have also virtual device, that controlls IR light and door Relay in Doorbird.

You have to just fill field for IP and port. And you have to replace XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX with username:password encoded in

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by jakub.jezek

Jakub,

When trying to implement your vfib file my HC2 gives an error, saying it is a malformed file..

ok, i think, i know what causing it. I edited VD in notepad. That is why it gets malformed file.

I attached new one here and in my previous post.

Jakub, been on the fence, actually for years, waiting for a system that performs satisfactory over time with the HC2. Could you please expand on your experiences so far

On 23. 12. 2016 at 7:13 PM, 1152 said:

Jakub, been on the fence, actually for years, waiting for a system that performs satisfactory over time with the HC2. Could you please expand on your experiences so far

That depends if you want A/V sollution, intercomm, security or just some automatization.

For A/V, i would recommend Control4, because their sollution of A/V is very advanced and Fibao is not on that level yet. And we know how Control4 can control Fibaro modules. If somebody from Fibaro read this, this is simply true not offending your products, which are mostly great.

Also, in office we have Fibaro driver for Control4, that controls Fibaro and it is pretty much stable. Since then HC2/HCL is only converter from lan2Z-Wave. But Control4 can be installed by Control4 dealers only.

If you want some intercom sollution, i would probably recommend IP Bell or 2N Verso, but that depends on preferences and your budget. DoorBird is great, but you have to have DoorBird app in your tablet or phone and SIP is allowed only to a

. I have to also mention, that Fibaro has intercomm app for iOS only. If you have android, you have to have an extra app from intercomm manufacturer.

For security there is Satel and DSC plugin. If you have some Paradox, than, i think there is some sollution and maybe Fibaro will make Paradox plugin.

For automatization, Fibaro products + some Danfoss and Heatit, can do great automatization system.

Doorbird Works Great with Fibaro!

I can see the camera and open the Door/turn on the IR with the Virtual device

Hello All,

I'm a newby thinking for a week (months ago) I would make it work. even feeded by the sellers of the electronics, who don't know how to help or start talking about a hour rade :s. so lost some frustration :D

But Indeed I have the cam working and the opener and IR leds working. thanks for that

On 22-12-2016 at 3:18 PM, jakub.jezek said:

IP adress you have to fill in folowing format: username:password@Doorbird_IP (e.g. ggxxxx0001:[email protected]).

And i fill mjpg and jpg folowing: bha-api/video.cgi

I have also virtual device, that controlls IR light and door Relay in Doorbird.

You have to just fill field for IP and port. And you have to replace XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX with username:password encoded in

Great but how do I get sound and speech?

And how can i get all in front of me in 1 page if the bell rings? This way it will be pass the WAT

For now I work around it with ImperiHome by opening the original app.

regards Kees

Hello guys,

@zaanhoeve and @gusqua, i'm glad that VD and camera is working.

@zaanhoeve, I do not think, that Fibaro app is suitable to get sound and speech, even if it is some GET to make, which is it. Also connectivity between DoorBird app and DoorBird intercom is not a SIP, but only p2p (point-to-point) connection. Also you will need to have separate app, to get such calls. I

SIP is available for partners only, so if you have feature request to have DoorBird integrated as fully functional VoIP (meaning SIP intercom), you have to ask Fibaro, if they could integrate it and cooperate with DoorBird, because they do not give up SIP api to just anyone.

Here is a list of partners (

).

@jakub.jezek I have placed a door / window sensor to get the push button signal from doorbird. Then I've built a scene with this, to send to my iphone an
Interactive PUSH notifications telling me that someone push the bell and if I want to open the door (using your Virtual device button);-)

9 minutes ago, gusqua said:

@jakub.jezek I have placed a door / window sensor to get the push button signal from doorbird. Then I've built a scene with this, to send to my iphone an
Interactive PUSH notifications telling me that someone push the bell and if I want to open the door (using your Virtual device button);-)

@gusqua that is a nice use case, how to use doorbird with Fibaro ;-)

4 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:

you have to ask Fibaro, if they could integrate it and cooperate with DoorBird, because they do not give up SIP api to just anyone.

I don't think that will happen soon after the announcement for the release in 2017 of the Fibaro intercom.

The DoorBird looks nice and works great en install is easy and fast. But again asked the reseller for a intercom the could work and integrated in FB HC2. Again promises not met.

5 minutes ago, zaanhoeve said:

I don't think that will happen soon after the announcement for the release in 2017 of the Fibaro intercom.

The DoorBird looks nice and works great en install is easy and fast. But again asked the reseller for a intercom the could work and integrated in FB HC2. Again promises not met.

Ask reseller for any 2N Helios IP intercom or IP Bell by alphatechnologies. But it can come pricy. Also Fibaro has Intercom application only for iOS devices. If you have Android, you have to have an externall app.

And knowing Fibaro saying they will have intercom next year. I don't think it will be before 2018.

Sorry for the late reply Jakub. Appreciate the revised VD; will try tonight when I am home.

Full integration over SIP within the HC2 would be great, but like you said this is something Fibar group should pick up with Doorbell, as there is no public support for this.

Nevertheless, FIbaro has promised their own intercom, so I can imagine they are not too keen on adding equal support for a cheaper 3rd party device.

On the other hand.. The whole Fibaro Intercom thingy is starting to get mythical proportions.

Still not announced for release. It fits well in a list with Atlantis, Area 51 and Duke Nukem Forever :-)

..so maybe offering an alternative would be nice!

6 minutes ago, MaTi said:

Sorry for the late reply Jakub. Appreciate the revised VD; will try tonight when I am home.

Full integration over SIP within the HC2 would be great, but like you said this is something Fibar group should pick up with Doorbell, as there is no public support for this.

Nevertheless, FIbaro has promised their own intercom, so I can imagine they are not too keen on adding equal support for a cheaper 3rd party device.

I made request to Fibaro some time ago, to make plugin for Doorbird, that stands only for videogate and i think they decide to not develop it.

2 minutes ago, MaTi said:

Still not announced for release. It fits well in a list with Atlantis, Area 51 and Duke Nukem Forever :-)

Unfortunatly we DID get DNF... it sucks (i should know i have a copy), somehow Gearbox managed to sap out all the fun out of admitidly dickish, but mostly amusing protagonist.

Trust me we do NOT wat that to happen yet again (annyone recalls Battlecruiser 3000AD?), altho this time with a physicall device.

Ahrem hardware developement is diffrent than software tho and as Lada can attest there is alot to be said for horribly outdated hardware being released (as in you can still use it pretty well, it just lacks most recent tech).

My apologies for barging in but Duke is sensitive subject for me... i payed for that, thing.

14 hours ago, MaTi said:

On the other hand.. The whole Fibaro Intercom thingy is starting to get mythical proportions.

I could not agree more. With out Fibaro´s own alternative, more and more users will end up bying stuff from other vendors. This btw just proves that no vendor will be able to develop and offer everything. At the end of the day Fibaro may be well served to focus on support/integration of others devices and solutions while maintaining their own portfolio of selected key components/devices. 

an API from Doorbird

another video

maybe helpful to you

Edited by samuel