Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Can't see cameras through remote access

Mo19

Question

Hi guys,

After i had to reset my account's passwords in order to get access to my HC2 and HCL (that was after the server procedure this month), now i am not able to see my foscam IP cameras remotely? Why is that? I tried to remove them and add them again and nothing. Did another registration in home.fibaro.com, moved the HC2 to it and still nothing. Then i restarted the controllers and the cameras but still nothing... Just to mention, i CAN see them only through local access! Any idea what is wrong? Before the drama with the server, and one unsatisfied client, everything worked great! Please help guys :/

16 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

I checked again and I can see my Foscam cameras on remote connection with Foscam original app, but still no picture with Fibaro app.

Yea same here my cameras (dlink) are fine locally or remotely with their orig app but not with fibaro remote access.

• Inquirer
  • No progress so far... did a couple of restarts but nothing......

Are you connecting remotely by the Fibaro remote service or directly to your wan ip and port?

I am on HCL 4.101 beta and can see my D-link cameras remotely by logging in on the Fibaro remote services, but not when I log in directly to my WAN IP and port forwarding to HCL. This has always been like this...

15 hours ago, japasu said:

Are you connecting remotely by the Fibaro remote service or directly to your wan ip and port?

I am on HCL 4.101 beta and can see my D-link cameras remotely by logging in on the Fibaro remote services, but not when I log in directly to my WAN IP and port forwarding to HCL. This has always been like this...

Hi @japasu, yep through the Fibaro Remote Service on the android app.

• Inquirer
  • On 28.12.2016 г. at 0:41 PM, japasu said:

Yep, the proiblem occurs when using home.fibaro.com and the mobile app on Android and iOS phones............

Edited by Mo19

Mine overnight seem to be fine now - but do find if I go from my wireless network to off my network the app dosent show the camera unless I close the app (on android) and open it again, then it works when remote.

FYI, the refresh on the app is awful, if I play around with devices, I have to exit and re go into the app to make things show up.

Anyone heard anything from Fibaro yet? Does the new update cure the issue?

Mine have started working again (HC2 V4.110) and I have not done anything, just noticed yesterday. I have my cameras connected to HC2 and also I use camcloud for the security as I have found the Fibaro system not good enough. Camcloud has a yearly subscription which is a cost but one year in and I am very pleased with it.

Yesterday evening I updated my 2 HC2's to 4.110. Didn't check the camera's until now (due to your question) but they work normally again.

Great!

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

Now it seems that all my Foscam camera again work with Fibaro App outside my local network.

I can confirm! Today I checked and now my Foscam cameras working on remote connection.

• Inquirer
  • Yep, my camera is working as well. Thanks FIbaro! Now i will try with the latest firmware 4.110 and i hope everything is working :)

I have both foscam and hikvision cameras and gave up on them working with Fibaro locally or remotely long time ago. I always get the "check MJPG settings. using jpg image now" sometimes I do get a video for few seconds then it goes black and most times I get the error with no video or picture just black.

I have the jpg and MJPEG streams working correctly with VLC. any ideas? 

4 hours ago, dannykay said:

I have both foscam and hikvision cameras and gave up on them working with Fibaro locally or remotely long time ago. I always get the "check MJPG settings. using jpg image now" sometimes I do get a video for few seconds then it goes black and most times I get the error with no video or picture just black.

I have the jpg and MJPEG streams working correctly with VLC. any ideas? 

Hey @dannykay,

Are you using the Foscam plugin or setting up a generic IP cam and inputting the URLs yourself? I have used a couple different foscam cameras using the second method and they have worked fine, but are a bit tricky at first.

Hi Dannykay 

Use this 

In the following lines you replace USERNAME & pwd = PASSWORD with your username and password to your Camara. Afterwards copies you lines into one by one in your Fibaro Home Center

JPG path.:

cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=USERNAME&pwd=PASSWORD

MJPG stream path.:

cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=USERNAME&pwd=PASSWORD

Turn left URL:

cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveLeft&usr=USERNAME&pwd=PASSWORD

Turn right URL:

cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveRight&usr=USERNAME&pwd=PASSWORD

move up URL:

cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveUp&usr=USERNAME&pwd=PASSWORD

move down URL.:

cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveDown&usr=USERNAME&pwd=PASSWORD

Stop camera movement URL

cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzStopRun&usr=USERNAME&pwd=PASSWORD

Please login or register to see this attachment.

After updating my app for the new Fibaro ID i have the same problem with my camera's

I can't see them anymore by remote access. In my LAN everything works fine.

Please help Fibaro.

10 minut temu, Stegenga napisał:

After updating my app for the new Fibaro ID i have the same problem with my camera's

I can't see them anymore by remote access. In my LAN everything works fine.

Please help Fibaro.

+1