Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[HCL] Use Hue in Scenes

UmbertoGecko

Question

Can anybody tell me how to integrate hue lamps into scenes?

I bought the HCL mainly because i want to use hue lamps with z-wave triggers (motions sensors etc.).

Is there any solution?

Also the VD integration of the hue devices didnt work beacuse of the not existing lua support.

I am quite puzzled how a basic feature like this is not working... or is this the problem sitting here in front of the screen?

Help would be very much apprciated.

7 answers to this question

On 12/18/2016 at 0:26 PM, UmbertoGecko said:

Can anybody tell me how to integrate hue lamps into scenes?

I bought the HCL mainly because i want to use hue lamps with z-wave triggers (motions sensors etc.).

Is there any solution?

Also the VD integration of the hue devices didnt work beacuse of the not existing lua support.

I am quite puzzled how a basic feature like this is not working... or is this the problem sitting here in front of the screen?

Help would be very much apprciated.

Virtual Device is not strictly linked to LUA programming.

it's a "http caller" and you can manage external devices if they support it

• Inquirer
  • 3 hours ago, Flowy said:

Virtual Device is not strictly linked to LUA programming.

it's a "http caller" and you can manage external devices if they support it

Do you know where I can find a tutorial how to install the Hue lamps as a VD? The only one that i found, somehow contains lua script, which leads to a error while importing the file.

Thanks in advance!

17 hours ago, UmbertoGecko said:

Do you know where I can find a tutorial how to install the Hue lamps as a VD? The only one that i found, somehow contains lua script, which leads to a error while importing the file.

Thanks in advance!

either you extrapolate the http coding from the lua script (text editor) or directly find the documentation from the hue lamp.

remember that in my tests I have not been able to control everything external from VDs (and there is no documentation from Fibaro about syntax and possibilities). Sometimes it works some others not. Cross the fingers.

EDIT:

I have just seen that Fibaro has the plugin for the Philips Hue, is it that one?

Edited by Flowy

• Inquirer
  • On 21.12.2016 at 0:21 PM, Flowy said:

either you extrapolate the http coding from the lua script (text editor) or directly find the documentation from the hue lamp.

remember that in my tests I have not been able to control everything external from VDs (and there is no documentation from Fibaro about syntax and possibilities). Sometimes it works some others not. Cross the fingers.

EDIT:

I have just seen that Fibaro has the plugin for the Philips Hue, is it that one?

Thanks for our help!

The hue plugin doesn't allow to use the lamps in scenes unfortunately...

Do you know if there's a tutorial on how to extrapolate that http from the lua script? I have definitively no clue how to do that :)

Thanks!

Following thread, need this too, dont understand a damn thing about this LUA coding, why cant just things be easy with fibaro without all the hassle....

Edited by Eric Wendell

Agree, bought the lite for the "simple" use. Am really annoyed that i can control the HUE lamps in fibaro, but cant make scenes. Seems like a easy thing to implement now lamp control works, but maybe it's a trick to get us investing in HC2 with LUA.

I'm just starting with homecontrol, and as it is now it will be more HUE than Fibaro for the lights instead of have Fibaro where it makes sense and hue for single lamps.

I have the same problem. I can control the Hue lamps in Home Center, but can not control them with scenes or sensors. I have Home Center Lite. Is there any solution to the problem. Best regards Jocke