Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Danalock Device Parameters and Functions

PepsiMac

Question

I installed a Danalock device and tried to use it with Fibaro's template on 4.104.

I note one error and one omission.

The error relates to the way in which the Fibaro device template handles the rotation settings. The Danalock Z-wave function sets the turn of the locking mechanism in increments of 10 degrees up to a maximum of 1,000 degrees (over 2.7 times round). As such, one can choose between 1 to 100 and that figure is multiplied by 10 to set the turn. A setting of 2 will rotate the device by 20 degrees and a setting of 20 will turn the device by 200 degrees.

This feature is important when setting up the lock, particularly as the settings from Fibaro are sent to, and set, the device.

The setting in Fibaro has been set to increment the number by a factor 10 only and therefore, the minimum turn is 100 degrees (setting of 10 in Parameter 4) as the factor of 10 has been applied to both the unit increment and the slider setting, meaning a 10x10 (100) increment possibility only. TO work correctly, it should be able to increment where each unit is 1 (representing 10 degrees) up to 100 (representing 1,000 degrees). Can this be fixed for the next update as Parameter 4 also does not allow adjustment of the figure by directly typing into the right hand side.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

The other aspect of the Danalock is that its turning capability allows for the use of "keywind" or "keyturn" multilocks where, rather than pulling handles up, or pushing them down, to engage the additional security features, the additional bolts, hooks and rollers of multipoint doors can be engaged/opened by the continual turning of the key. This enables true remote locking and unlocking, a feature, I hear, the new Yale keyfree lock coming out in January will not have. With the keywind feature, the Danalock app provides an additional setting of a blue button when the door is unlocked (security bolts etc disengaged) that enables the additional turns required to actually open (unlatch) the door and facilitate handsfree entry. Without this, one would still require to use the key to disengage the latch from the outside. Could the extra button be added to trigger the unlatch?

The icons for the Danalock are nice and representative though and I look forward to be ing able to install it properly.

Please let me know if further explanation required and I hope this can be updated soon. Thank You

4 answers to this question

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

While i do enjoy idea of anny automated lock system that could unlatch aswell as unlock, i (not being in the know of how door locks actually unlatch) thought that it is about the constrution of internall part of the whole lock insert chunk of metal (sorry i have no idea how its actually called) something is probably on axis of lock's turn that unlatches after certain ° turn from unlocked door.

Assuming (for sake of argument) that i am correct about that than all you'd need to know is how manny ° that needs to turn and just have danalock do that after unlocking?

Than again i do NOT know how this actually works and if it differs between diffrent lock systems so please do not hesitate to tell me how it works and why am i wrong in this assumption.

• Inquirer
  • Hi Kuba, there are two points I was making on the Danalock device which are errors in the development of the device in the Fibaro operating system. First of all, the Danalock v2 (and soon to be released smaller v3) can turn up about 1,000 degrees, 1,000 divided by 360º (a full circle) meaning the lock can turn about 2.7 times in increments of 10 degrees. As such, when the set up parameter for turning the device goes from 0 to 100, then each 10 degrees per turn times 100 units enables the 1,000 of turn to be set by the user in the parameter. The development team at Fibaro have mistakenly applied the - to 100 units to be only adjusted in units of 10. That means each turn can only be set as 10 (the degrees each units represents in the Danalock) times 10 (the increment programmed in the operating systems parameter) and that equals 10 x 10 or 100 degrees; in the Fibaro HC2 OS, the minimum incremental turn is 100 degrees and each adjustment on the scale is in units of 10. This is an OS software issue and not one about Danalock's features and it was originally in the section that refers to the operation of the system and not about the features of the device.

The latching feature is common to all locks and each door, with a handle and a key, has 3 states - locked (bolt and latch), unlocked (only latched) and open (push will open). Many external doors disable (do not allow) the opening (unlatching) of the door from outside without the key. As such, if you wish to have keyless entry, the mechanism must unlatch as well. When the door is locked, you can have the Danalock keep turning through to open but if the door is unlocked (only latched) and you press the button, the mechanism returns to the locked state meaning that if you wish to open from latched, you would otherwise have to lock then unlock to open without the key, hence Danalock have added a button for unlatching in their system functionality and software.

Whilst Fibaro has a beautiful interface, anyone will tell you that a partner who is very attractive physically but lacks functionality is bound to be a relationship that does not last for the long term.

(Further explanation about door mechanisms: Every door which has a handle and a key has two stages of closure. The first is the latch which holds the door in place when you close it; the second is the bolt, hook or sleeve that prevents the door from being opened without the key. There are some door that only have a handle and no key lock, these are only latched meaning the mechanism holds onto the frame of the door and can be opened by usually pushing down the handle which retracts the latch. When you have a key, there is a bolt mechanism which prevents the door from being opened even when the handle is depressed).

21 minutes ago, PepsiMac said:

Hi Kuba, there are two points I was making on the Danalock device which are errors in the development of the device in the Fibaro operating system. First of all, the Danalock v2 (and soon to be released smaller v3) can turn up about 1,000 degrees, 1,000 divided by 360º (a full circle) meaning the lock can turn about 2.7 times in increments of 10 degrees. As such, when the set up parameter for turning the device goes from 0 to 100, then each 10 degrees per turn times 100 units enables the 1,000 of turn to be set by the user in the parameter. The development team at Fibaro have mistakenly applied the - to 100 units to be only adjusted in units of 10. That means each turn can only be set as 10 (the degrees each units represents in the Danalock) times 10 (the increment programmed in the operating systems parameter) and that equals 10 x 10 or 100 degrees; in the Fibaro HC2 OS, the minimum incremental turn is 100 degrees and each adjustment on the scale is in units of 10. This is an OS software issue and not one about Danalock's features and it was originally in the section that refers to the operation of the system and not about the features of the device.

The latching feature is common to all locks and each door, with a handle and a key, has 3 states - locked (bolt and latch), unlocked (only latched) and open (push will open). Many external doors disable (do not allow) the opening (unlatching) of the door from outside without the key. As such, if you wish to have keyless entry, the mechanism must unlatch as well. When the door is locked, you can have the Danalock keep turning through to open but if the door is unlocked (only latched) and you press the button, the mechanism returns to the locked state meaning that if you wish to open from latched, you would otherwise have to lock then unlock to open without the key, hence Danalock have added a button for unlatching in their system functionality and software.

Whilst Fibaro has a beautiful interface, anyone will tell you that a partner who is very attractive physically but lacks functionality is bound to be a relationship that does not last for the long term.

(Further explanation about door mechanisms: Every door which has a handle and a key has two stages of closure. The first is the latch which holds the door in place when you close it; the second is the bolt, hook or sleeve that prevents the door from being opened without the key. There are some door that only have a handle and no key lock, these are only latched meaning the mechanism holds onto the frame of the door and can be opened by usually pushing down the handle which retracts the latch. When you have a key, there is a bolt mechanism which prevents the door from being opened even when the handle is depressed).

Thank you for the explenation,

yeah the ° turning should be implemented with more sensitivity, or at least go in 360° steps or something (from locked on 2 turns - 720° is second motion of locking mechanism and 980° is latch yes?).

Yes i know its common but is it not tied to same mechanism? i mean in here you have to basically go whole way, as if you wanted to unlock the door one more time before you can unlatch - kinda makes sense but that dose not need to be linked into separate button. I imagine that generaly when you unlock the door you want it to be openable by hand so have it all be part of same motion.

Sorry if i am conffusing: locks are not my strong part now HINGES! those i can understand XD.