Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Heating panel and linked devices

alexpelli

Question

Hi... let me describe the situation:

I have three bathrooms with three heaters connected to one hot water circulation pump (one heating area).

The three bathrooms are in three different floors while the thermostat is only in one bathroom.

I would like to control the temperature of the three bathrooms individually... for this reason I bought the following:

- 3 Danfoss LC13

- 3 Fibaro motion sensors

- 1 Fibaro switch

I have installed the 3 LC13 to the heaters and the 3 Fibaro motion sensors in the bathrooms.

As regards the switch.. I have installed it instead the of the thermostat thus to start and stop the hot water circulation pump and boiler.

I have created 3 heating schedules for the 3 bathrooms in HC2 heating planel.

Here the problem:

I have created 3 separated linked devices in order to control the switch, in particular:

- First linked device between temperature sensor in first floor bathroom and pump switch

- Second linked device between temperature sensor in ground floor bathroom and pump switch

- Third linked device between temperature sensor in underground floor bathroom and pump switch

This configuration doesn't works at all.. because when one sensor order to switch on the heating pump.. immediatelly after the switch is turned off by the other one.

Actually.. in order to avoid this problem.. I'm controlling the pump with three different switches (connected in parallel) which is absolutely expensive and crazy solution.

Could you suggest me another solution?

Should I have to use scenes instead of heating panel schedules?

Thank you Very Much in advance 

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

I think you have to use LUA script to be able to have multizone heating with single source of heat working. Try to look here in forums for multizone heating. I have only link to SK page with the guidelines.

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by Igy
  • Like 1

Hi guys, i have a similar problem of Alex, but in my home i'm not using a Danfoss, because i have a lot of fancoil driven by a series of Fibaro switches.

Based on the LUA script indicated by Igy, making the appropriate changes by removing the temperature check, i also managed to centralize the boiler startup and shutdown.

Thaks a lot!!!!!

Enrico

I post the code in the appropriate section of this forum for the benefit of all.

Hello,

What i do is created a variables for each heating zone (Zone1 Zone2 Zone3 etc) with values 0/1 need heating on the current zone or not.

With Lua code im check if we need a heating for each zone if yes i set the variable to 1.

In another scene I check those variables if any of those are 1 zero I turn on the relay (pump) if all 0 i turn off the relay

Hope it helps a bit.