Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Gateway Editble name

SpaceCompany

When you have access to more than one gateway and they are added to your remote account, after login the portal, you get to see all the gateways you have access to, by serial number.
for eg : HC2-03****

Is it possible to give the gateways, their own name, so that within your account, they can be identified more easily ?  With several gateways to controll, I cant always remember their serial number...

• 4 weeks later...
On 29. 12. 2016 at 0:56 AM, SpaceCompany said:

When you have access to more than one gateway and they are added to your remote account, after login the portal, you get to see all the gateways you have access to, by serial number.
for eg : HC2-03****

Is it possible to give the gateways, their own name, so that within your account, they can be identified more easily ?  With several gateways to controll, I cant always remember their serial number...

You can actually name the unit, problem is that it wont affict the way unit is adressed incase of push/mail notifications. (you will still recive push from HC2.03...)

To name your HC unit: login to your Home.Fibaro.com, you should see list fo your units, simply mouse over the serial number (HC2-03...) left mouse button click on it, write in whatever you need and that klick away. You should now see name you wrote in as name of the unit.

Qoute:

To name your HC unit: login to your Home.Fibaro.com, you should see list fo your units, simply mouse over the serial number (HC2-03...) left mouse button click on it, write in whatever you need and that klick away. You should now see name you wrote in as name of the unit.

Ok I did this. Now I would like to reflect this change in the push notifications! How to do that?

Because for me, after the update of V4.110 my push notification doesn't reflect first my serial number from the HC2, but first my surname.

I don't know how to change this. Any suggestions or help?

18 hours ago, samuel said:

Qoute:

Ok I did this. Now I would like to reflect this change in the push notifications! How to do that?

Because for me, after the update of V4.110 my push notification doesn't reflect first my serial number from the HC2, but first my surname.

I don't know how to change this. Any suggestions or help?

As far as my (admitidly limited) knowlidge goes, these push and electronic-mail messagess will allways use serial number. I have yet to figure out how to alter those names, sorry.

Not for me, see attached photo.. That's what i said: After the update from V4.110.. this showed up and not anymore the serial number.. but i would like to change this name. How to do so?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Would want to know the same thing, been wanting to remove that dreadfull "text of no use" for ages.

of course remove that text would be better... apparently "fibaro" logo is more then enough in the push notifications 

I rather use it for things like "Alert: <message>" or "Info: <message>" related options. Not the end of the world now, but your restricted to less characters if you don't want it to become big.

@samuel,

I know that name of HC can be changed with wizard on 4.110. I didn't try redoing wizard but you can try and then change name of your HC. You can follow this thread where all steps of wizard are explained:

@Sankotronic I looked at your thread, instructions i did before the thread was there (Except the renaming) ;) Sadly if i click on the Wizard again in the config, it doesn't give me any options to go through the wizard again. It just says its finished already and flips back to the home screen. Unless i am missing something.

Edited by riemers
sounded weird

16 hours ago, riemers said:

@Sankotronic I looked at your thread, instructions i did before the thread was there (Except the renaming) ;) Sadly if i click on the Wizard again in the config, it doesn't give me any options to go through the wizard again. It just says its finished already and flips back to the home screen. Unless i am missing something.

@riemers,

well as I wrote in my previous post I didn't try to do wizard again. So it is not possible to redo wizard. Then I suppose there must be some other way to rename it but I don't know how.