Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Notification of a potential freeze/fire

parsaria

An option to to filter spikes of degree changes would be ideal.

Sometimes the sensor are not very accurate for a short of period, like this screen-shot.

Ideally the system need to verify the degree or wait for X second before it sends notifications.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• 4 weeks later...
On 29. 12. 2016 at 2:07 PM, parsaria said:

An option to to filter spikes of degree changes would be ideal.

Sometimes the sensor are not very accurate for a short of period, like this screen-shot.

Ideally the system need to verify the degree or wait for X second before it sends notifications.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Can you tell me what sensor you are using?

ill seep throu its manual and see if i can find proper value to edit.

Incase of smoke and flood sensor i suspect there is something.

• Topic Author
  • On 1/24/2017 at 4:32 PM, Kuba13 said:

Can you tell me what sensor you are using?

It is FGBS-001 with the right sensors, i have also exchanged sensors and i got the same problem.

But i did not change my FGBS-001.

16 hours ago, parsaria said:

It is FGBS-001 with the right sensors, i have also exchanged sensors and i got the same problem.

But i did not change my FGBS-001.

Parameter 12 seems to fit the bill most, altho it comes at price of lowering the sensitivity overall (0-255 settings which is 0-16°C).

Personaly i would be more inclined to think about 10 and 11 (frequency of measuring and how offten are those values sent to controller respectively). make the measurements more frequent see if ti is more accurate, and send reports less offten.

Edited by Kuba13
    making more sense

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, Kuba13 said:

Personaly i would be more inclined to think about 10 and 11 (frequency of measuring and how offten are those values sent to controller respectively). make the measurements more frequent see if ti is more accurate, and send reports less offten.

I gonna try to do that indeed to send the reports less often, and see how it goes.

8 minutes ago, Kuba13 said:

Apparently this is caused by power source,

it is powered by 12 volt power supply of 2amps.

• 1 month later...
    On 1/26/2017 at 9:40 AM, Kuba13 said:

Apparently this is caused by power source,

if at all posible try to connect to diffrent source for powering the UBS.

I have sensors that worked perfectly for years (literally) and then they start playing up with v4.100. I have bought new sensors to replace them (thinking the original was faulty) to find the error happens again. The new sensors are connected with new cables.

The problem is getting worse. It was happening on one sensor only and now (as of this morning) I count 4 sensors that are reporting potential fire alerts. 

It defeats the purpose of having a warning as I ignore it every time now.

On 26. 2. 2017 at 0:07 PM, amilanov said:

I have sensors that worked perfectly for years (literally) and then they start playing up with v4.100. I have bought new sensors to replace them (thinking the original was faulty) to find the error happens again. The new sensors are connected with new cables.

The problem is getting worse. It was happening on one sensor only and now (as of this morning) I count 4 sensors that are reporting potential fire alerts. 

It defeats the purpose of having a warning as I ignore it every time now.

Well that just made it sound even more like its source of power (ie whatever you are using to convert 230V~ to 12V= ) is to blame, it might have worn out.

• 4 months later...
    On 2/27/2017 at 2:23 PM, Kuba13 said:

Well that just made it sound even more like its source of power (ie whatever you are using to convert 230V~ to 12V= ) is to blame, it might have worn out.

It is highly unlikely to be the wiring as the sensors that are reporting issues are coming from every brand of temp sensor that I own: Fibaro (battery powered), Aeotec 4 in 1 (mains powered) and Aeotec Gen 6 (mains powered) and Fibaro USB with DS18B20 mains powered.