Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

dahua camera

guidozwaard

Question

When can i use my dahua camera in the home center 2 it only have rtsp and no mjpeg stream!

i have some hikvision cameras that working with fibaro buth the problem is the quality of the camera dahua i better in night vieuw.

i wrote plugin for dahua cams, most of them support mjpeg under "cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?subtype=1" and jpeg under "cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi", just test it

• Inquirer
  • hi thanks for your support it is working but not on my phone and every time i open the camera in the webbrowser i have to give in a tab the password and user so do i have to paste them in the url some where?

normally it is enough to add user and password in the fibaro cam device settings.

Attached dahua http api, so you might test other auth options.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Ive got a Dahua IPC-HDW4431EM-AS camera.

Having looked at Tinmans pdf.

is this URL line generic for  Dahua cameras video stream?

Have googled this model number but cant find same.

thanks.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

On 12/30/2016 at 11:48 PM, tinman said:

i wrote plugin for dahua cams, most of them support mjpeg under "cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?subtype=1" and jpeg under "cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi", just test it

@tinman Hey man, could you please share the plugin you've done for the Dahua cameras?

Actually not, company property. But are you looking for something special? The jpg and mjpeg are described above, the other functions can be found in attached pdf 

@tinman  I understand. I am looking for a way to have the cameras stop streaming, while still being powered on. This is important, because my setup is as follows:

• I have 4 cameras located outside of the house and watching the perimeter
    • The security company has remote access to the cameras, so they can watch the property (e.g. check what is happening if the perimeter IR barriers are breached or it there is an alarm in the house)
    • I do not want the security guys to get any video when I am in the house, only when I am away
    • I thought turning off the PoE switch, which powers the cameras, but I was told that in the winter when the outside temperature is -20C it is better for the cameras to be powered in order to keep them warm (and reduce the wear)

My question is whether there is an API command that would just stop all streaming, while keeping the cameras powered on.

Thanks,

Ros

there are many ways to achieve it:

- disable user (their user, no idea how the contract you have will cover this)

- stop http stream (that works only if http stream used, but one can use as well stop rtsp together)

- freeze video (works for all streams, but only for cams with SD card)

- and finally set brightness to 0 and disable night mode :)

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

@tinman Thanks man! The API  document is great!

I've used it to setup the management of the NVR (scenes, VD, etc.). I've done GET HTTP calls to the NVR API to start/stop recording and change user rights for the security company based on the status of the house. All works!

There is a separate API doc for the dahua video doorbell panels.  Will see if there is anything useful once I set those up.

@tinman I would like to use the cameras for monitoring the amount of daylight (e.g. switch on perimeter lights when dark).

Is there a way to read the current brightness as seen by the camera? What is the right parameter to use? Cannot find it in the API doc...

2 hours ago, Ros said:

@tinman I would like to use the cameras for monitoring the amount of daylight (e.g. switch on perimeter lights when dark).

Is there a way to read the current brightness as seen by the camera? What is the right parameter to use? Cannot find it in the API doc...

@Ros

Why not just use a multi sensors like the Aeotec or the fibaro ones 

5 hours ago, Ros said:

no idea if this can be done, but you might check the night option (there is threshold value for that), so when night mode then it's "dark", some extra work necessary on that, easier (if possible) will be separate sensor.

@AutoFrank @tinman

Reason for using the cameras is that I can theoretically read both motion and light intensity in the outdoors environment. Fibaro and Aeotec sensors are not designed for outdoors use. In the winter the temperature goes below -25C....

@tinman Do you know how to check via API if the night mode  is currently on?

Edited by Ros

Caution to those considering firmware upgrades on your Dahua products. Looks like the basic authentication is removed from the latest builds, leaving only the Digest. 

@tinman  - do you know how to deal with the digest authentication on Dahua products?

Edited by Ros

On 12/31/2016 at 3:48 AM, tinman said:

thank for your shared! i checked for dahua model DH-IPC-HFW1230SP-L but it did not work. Any suggestion else?