Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[Feature Request] Better Resource Monitoring/Diagnostic Panel

chaicka

Hi Fibaro,

In the journey of version 4.x, I believe one of the most requested feature has been enhancements to the Home Centers' diagnostic or resource monitoring capabilities. While there has been some improvement between the early 4.03x days and newer versions/releases, it is still not comprehensive enough (especially for the Home Center 2 which is actually an Intel platform).

I would like to share some ideas on how a NAS manufacturer has enhanced its resource monitoring capabilities over several major version releases till where it is now - a comprehensive resource monitoring as an add-on application (aka plug-in) and runs only when loaded/open-up. Here are some screenshots of it.

The key resource monitoring components currently missing are:

• Z-Wave layer Traffic or Processes
  • System and Plug-in Processes

Hope Fibaro would give it some thoughts and consider the intangible benefits for Fibaro if its customers (especially prosumers) can better troubleshoot and resolve issues instead of heavy dependent on Fibaro's support team(s). I am sure Fibaro cannot keep expanding the support team as its market share grows internationally and avoid its customers facing degraded quality of customer service/technical support.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

It would be great to be able to see the resource usage for the running processes (VDs and scenes), it can help us pinpoint the resorce "sinners", enabling us to optimize the code that we write.

• 2 weeks later...

For Z-Wave monitoring i would consider device called

Please login or register to see this link.

. In 6 months it will be in EU frequency, not it is in US frequency only.

For HW usage, if Fibaro integrate

Please login or register to see this link.

, that would be great. I think with that you can collect HW data about Fibaro HC to your web page to make some statistic.

Hmm equivalent of MS Windows taskbar manager in Fibaro, i am onboard for that idea.

shame we can not get full array of its sweet functions. (by far tool i use most in windows).