Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

!!SOLVED!! Aeon Multisensor 6 - LED blinks constantly

TheFurious

Question

Hi all,

A happy new year! since a few days I'm proud owner of a Fibaro HomeCenter 2. 

I tried to include an Aeon Multisensor 6. it worked so far and it also sends data of all sensors. The only issue I have is that the LED blinks every 11 seconds. It seems like a issue between the HomeCenter and the Sensor. I tried all available Firmwares but nothing worked. Are you guys having the same issue? If no could you share your confit or give me a tip how to work around that? 

The sensors are USB powered btw. 

Thanks in advance

Edited by TheFurious

11 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Alright guys....it´s Parameter 40. I disabled the reporting and now the flashing stops. Only when motion is detected the LED flashes. The only thing which actually don´t work is to set an offset value for the humidity. It didn´t get wrote into the multisensor.

It seems that the HC is having huge issues with the Aeon Firmware....

1 hour ago, TheFurious said:

I'm really the only one with this problem?

I have some of these and and the green led flashes regularly. I never noticed it before but it doesn't seem to be causing me any issues.

Is it causing you a problem with its operation?

-f

• Inquirer
  • Well, not really. The sensors are all working probably but the Multisensor itself is in direct sight so that I see the LED the whole time. And this starts then to get a bit annoying. 

5 minutes ago, TheFurious said:

Well, not really. The sensors are all working probably but the Multisensor itself is in direct sight so that I see the LED the whole time. And this starts then to get a bit annoying. 

ah, I can see how that could get annoying :-(

BTW - Have you seen the recessor accessory.. it may give you other mounting options......

-f

• Inquirer
  • Yeah seen it. But then I have the issue to get it USB powered. First of all the MS should be a replacement for my old Homematic Thermostat which delivered me Temperature and Humidity. 

Its not easy to warm up the room so i need the values from the Sensor pretty quick. 

If I would find a solution for the RGBW module which didn't cost me a fortune I would be happy to use this instead. 

What's the wake-up interval, parameter 111, 112, 113  set on the MS6?

USB-powered has different behaviour compared to battery-powered. Furthermore, which firmware version is it running on? 1.06? 1.07? 1.08? I think 1.08 they changed the behaviour to minimum 240s interval for parameters 111-113. Prior to that version, when usb-powered, you can set to very rapid updating such as 1s.

Maybe that is what is causing the LED blink every 11s.

• Inquirer
  • This was the first thing I checked. Sadly it was already at 240. 

In the meantime I had contact to the aeon support and they told me that this is really an odd behavior. They contacted Fibaro to find a workaround. 

Do you guys have an idea how I can measure my humidity in an cheap and easy way?

11 hours ago, TheFurious said:

Alright guys....it´s Parameter 40. I disabled the reporting and now the flashing stops. Only when motion is detected the LED flashes. The only thing which actually don´t work is to set an offset value for the humidity. It didn´t get wrote into the multisensor.

Thanks

I purchased 15 of these, started the install and this will be very useful

-f

23 hours ago, TheFurious said:

Alright guys....it´s Parameter 40. I disabled the reporting and now the flashing stops. Only when motion is detected the LED flashes. The only thing which actually don´t work is to set an offset value for the humidity. It didn´t get wrote into the multisensor.

Did you mention which firmware version is your MS6 running on?

I have MS6 on 1.06 and 1.07 which works well with the current HC versions (4.09x and 4.1xx).