Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Phantom menace (RGBW)

Kuba13

Question

Right so here is a problem:

SOMETIMES (rather sparsly but still enough to warrant me bugging Fibaro about it) RGBW makes phanthom associations for no bloody reasson.

It happened a while back and only replacement of specific RGBW module seemed to help that was in pre "100" era tho.

Most recent case i have are 2 RGBW modules (v 2.5) running on same HC2 4.100, reading tempriture and humidity via IN1 and IN2.

Confirmed at least one of them caused it (once disconnected from power the random behaviour stoped), second of those RGBW is very strong suspect. Sad thing is that the second RGBW seems to have worked fine untill the first one was disconnected.

Now i seek aid, advice and wisdom. if annyone had this happen to them please add your controller, its FW and mofule's FW aswell - lets see if we can help fibaro figure this one out!

@Nexus, If this is happening I would try to exclude device and make factory reset via b-button and include again. In Home Center also delete power consumtion memory so database would look clearer and allow you to install update 27.27. No need to reinclude whole network.

Reset procedure (from

Please login or register to see this link.

):

Reset

Reset procedure erases memory of the device, including all information on energy consumption, user-defined colour presets, the Z-Wave network and the main controller.

Resetting the device is not the recommended way of removing the device from the Z-Wave network. Use reset procedure only if the primary controller is missing or inoperable. Certain device removal can be achieved by the procedure of removing.

Resetting the RGBW Controller:

1. Disconect the power supply from the device
  2. Press and hold the B-button
  3. Connect the power supply to the device while still holding the B-button
  4. Release the B-button
  5. B-channel (blue) will switch on
  6. Disconect the power supply from the device

@jakub.jezek thanks for the suggestion but the problem, now is bigger.
The rgbw I have excluded to zwave few days ago,  but, random (at night) turning on of lights always occurs.
If I include rgbw, will the associations disappear?

@Nexus, please chceck other Z-Wave devices with 300 series chipset. Scene I posted here can be modified for them. I did that in the past with old Wall plugs, that some customers had problem in the past.

Regarding that RGBW. That is why I suggested another factory reset (via its factory reset procedure) after removing from Z-Wave to be 100% the device is reseted.

Edited by jakub.jezek