Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Which is the upside of Motion sensor

lulu99

Question

Hi.

I have the new 3.2 motion sensor. Which is the upside of that sensor? The 2 dots, up or down or left or right? Or doesn't it matter?

I have the feeling that the motion sensor has not the range from the older ones. I have 2 older ones and in my opinion they are encountering motion within a longer range. Are there other with the same thoughts?

Regards

6 answers to this question

the sensor used in motion sensor is PYD1698, with 110° on both horizontal and vertical direction (however sensor windows is 4.2mm in horizontal and 5.2mm in vertical direction - when talking how it has been placed in motion sensor). When you look from back of the motion sensor, the B Button is "down" position of the PIR Sensor.

That dot point on the enclosure does not matter at all, it will be printed more or less on random position. The position of the B Button in regards to PIR Sensor is however fixed, it was on older motion sensors "down" as well.

Regards your second question, afaik the PIR is still the same, so there should be no difference. The only difference can be optics and/or parameters and/or firmware differences, but i can't answer that question. 

Edited by tinman

• Inquirer
  • thanks for your help!

I have the problem that our hallway has a width of 0,9 meter and is 6 meter long. When I put the sensor in the middle at one end of the hallway (height about 2,40) then it does not trigger any motion if you go straight towards the motion sensor. Only the last 0,7 to 1 meter he triggers something. Kind strange.

Guest fat

I have a similar length hallway and it only triggers when you get about 1.5m away from it if walking directly towards it. It will however trigger a lot sooner if I walk across it going into a bedroom. I am going to fit another motion sensor at the other end of the hallway as well in order to get motion triggers working more consistently

• Inquirer
  • ok, good to know, so it seems that is the normal behavior of that sensor.

Has anybody tried a motion sensor from another company that is working with HC2 and triggers better in such a case?

I have motion sensors for my alarm system from ABUS and these are working perfect in the hallway. One is at the same position like the fibaro motion sensor and works perfect also when you move towards it. But can not use that one also within fibaro.

Edited by lulu99

you can use some tin foil strips (1mm x 5.2mm) on both left and right sides to reduce the angle to 90° instead of 110°, you might set the sensitivity higher as well then.