Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

READ THIS BEFORE YOU UPGRADE!!!

clausdk

Guest Lode

People are complaining that they have to login with an email account now.

Logging into Nest account, Google account, Facebook account......... seems not to be a problem by using email account ?

What do i miss here ?

I prefer the added security, and so far i feel like this update is the most stable i have had. The only issue i have had since using it is if the alarm triggers, the emergency lighting scene does not end until you reboot the HC. Apart from that i am over the moon with it! 

• Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, Fredmas said:

Just to have a better understanding, why do we not have to use the new account system and the wizard guide, and change our login to a new one?

Thanks.

To be honest, it is a personal preference. That said, it does create more problems at the moment, than it solves. Some android apps do not accept "@" in the username and it seems they didn't fix all the issues related to users being locked out of the HC2. Take this new example: 

It also seems it gives some users problem with some LUA scripts they wrote, so generally I would not suggest using it at the moment, since its so new and due to the fact that you risk locking yourself out of your HC2.

24 minutes ago, clausdk said:

Some android apps do not accept "@"

Use %40 (or in scripts urlencode the username).

On 7. 1. 2017 at 10:37 AM, alecon said:

I quite agree with you but they have to understand that till the system will be managed this way, and I'll feel quite unconfortable with every update, I will not invest heavily on their products... in this way they loose a lot of market share.

An understandable concern, alas Fibaro is the one calling shots on it and we can only watch and suggest that they do certain things.

As frustrating as that might be i am trying to not go against what i pressume is their plan unless i deem it exeptionally important (Backup system, some way to analyse Z-Wave network comprehensively for tech support etc.), reasoning that they might not be willing to change their entire modus operandi just because users demmand it so.

Separation of Aphas and betas could be the way forward i think (later patches, around x.xx3 or x.xx4 seems stable enough to entrust to everyone, keep the first 2-3 clsoed off for people in the know perhaps?).

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

I just read enough to see you guys are comparing Fibaro to Apple...

Great joke! really.

I'd rather have root access to HC2 (and be able to customise icons), than follow "best practice" and have my HC2 exactly as yours ;) And if the price for it is to be able to decide whether or not to do "beta upgrade", so be it. I will be the one to blame.

However weird it sounds, I have more problems with all Apple devices I have, than with Fibaro. And if I have a problem with Fibaro (yes, it happens ;) ) I can solve it, or at least find out the reason. When accounts get mixed on iOs devices, the only advice given by phone support is to reinitialise (factory reset). They absolutely ignore the fact, that iOS update (with mandatory factory reset) caused the mix-up in the first place.