Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Forum moderation????

jimicr

Is this forum still moderated?

I want to post my simple Harmony plugin and Onkyo VD but....

I posted a Hue VD around christmas, @Sankotronic posted his Netatmo solution and they are still pending approval..

So is there (still) any point in creating a thread?

Edited by jimicr

Hi

It draws a clear picture of Fibaros ability/willingness to solve the many mistakes their customers continuously are reporting.

1. A user describes a problem in Fibaros forum.
2. Then other users in the forum try to help with various solutions.
3.  Fibaro administrator answers after some time to the subject by asking various more or less relevant 
additional questions.
4. Then more users
describe that they have registered the same error.
5. Fibaros adminstrator finally informs that the firm have detected the error writing that the problem will be assigned to their Team.

The administrator indicates in this way that the problems will be solved, but in reality nothing happens. It is a smart way to close the debate.
Either Fibaro does not have the ability to solve the problems, or they just do not care?

What administrators? @T.Konopka was here last year. This year until now only @M.Baranowski was here to post info about new software release 4.110 and even that he didn't do right since he forget to pin his post and lock it as usual. I send him and @T.Konopka PM kindly asking them to at least approve our new posts under Crowd's solutions but no replay nor action from their side.

I know that it was holiday time but still... Really very disappointing and discouraging! :(

Perhaps they should embrace an open collaboration approach.   Give some of the fine contributors here rights to moderate this forum ... if they have too little resource to manage -> allow us to do it for them.   Whilst they are at it, launch a more structured wiki solution for the community to manage the best of the best community contributions for easy access to all.   

They really are missing a trick and missing the boat.

cheers

• Topic Author
  • I am not trying to raise hell by this post.

There are a lot of talented users and developers here like @Sankotronic, @cag014, @petergebruers, @jompa68 and many more who's username I forgot atm. Just don't want to leave and keep their extended knowledge to them self or take it elsewhere.

Me and probably a lot of other people draw inspiration and motivation here and learn stuff, if it wasn't for this forum I don't think it'd own 35+ fibaro devices like I do now.

Just my 2 cents. 

Edited by jimicr

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

I hope I can stay objective and neutral in what I am about to post.

Culture Awareness - something a lot of people from all over the world lacks and it is understandable given majority of the people only worked in local firms or exposed to local culture where they are, barely exposed to regional culture or roles, even lesser for global culture or roles. I am guilty of it too and though I can say I have worked in global roles a great deal of my career, I am still falling far short in terms of understanding many many many cultures in this world. Polish culture is something fairly new to me (exposure in recent 2-3 years perhaps), so is Argentina culture.

While we may have some 'pre-set' opinion of how forums are just because some of the major globalised ones are done that way, it may not always be the case for all locations in this world. Forums - a place where different cultures, opinions, ideas, methods, etc come crashing at each other. At the end of the day, we all try to share ways to be better and collectively as a community, we can grow better and stronger than we used to be a year ago.

At the least, I have seen Fibaro listening more now in past one year, improving in structure of the forum (for those who were in forum before the recent months' refresh of design, reorganisation of sections, definitely more moderation and shifting of threads/posts around to right section, etc). That is, in my humble opinion, a positive progress forward. May not be as fast as some of us like to but at least it is now way better than it was in 2015 and again miles better than it was in 2014.

I too am too infant to this forum to know how long it has existed. I believe it is much in its infancy stage, far far far from maturity of many globalised forums in this world. For anyone is Asia who knows about HWZ (hardwarezone), it is one hell of a journey that has been more than two decades to reach its maturity and the size of resources managing it, moderating it, driving new changes and directions for it.

Edited by chaicka

• 2 weeks later...
    On 10. 1. 2017 at 3:55 PM, chaicka said:

I hope I can stay objective and neutral in what I am about to post.

Culture Awareness - something a lot of people from all over the world lacks and it is understandable given majority of the people only worked in local firms or exposed to local culture where they are, barely exposed to regional culture or roles, even lesser for global culture or roles. I am guilty of it too and though I can say I have worked in global roles a great deal of my career, I am still falling far short in terms of understanding many many many cultures in this world. Polish culture is something fairly new to me (exposure in recent 2-3 years perhaps), so is Argentina culture.

While we may have some 'pre-set' opinion of how forums are just because some of the major globalised ones are done that way, it may not always be the case for all locations in this world. Forums - a place where different cultures, opinions, ideas, methods, etc come crashing at each other. At the end of the day, we all try to share ways to be better and collectively as a community, we can grow better and stronger than we used to be a year ago.

At the least, I have seen Fibaro listening more now in past one year, improving in structure of the forum (for those who were in forum before the recent months' refresh of design, reorganisation of sections, definitely more moderation and shifting of threads/posts around to right section, etc). That is, in my humble opinion, a positive progress forward. May not be as fast as some of us like to but at least it is now way better than it was in 2015 and again miles better than it was in 2014.

I too am too infant to this forum to know how long it has existed. I believe it is much in its infancy stage, far far far from maturity of many globalised forums in this world. For anyone is Asia who knows about HWZ (hardwarezone), it is one hell of a journey that has been more than two decades to reach its maturity and the size of resources managing it, moderating it, driving new changes and directions for it.

I am not sure if it falls under the culturall influence. I have red few posts from Konopka and he seems to try and be at very least present here - showing concern with user's issues. In my opinion there are simply too manny threads to objectively handle in such small team.

That infact might be the whole reason why Fibaro is sometimes lagging in software developement - trying to chase way too manny things at once.

Personaly i blame their advertisement depaertement since they seem to run the whole company.

However i do concur with your suggestion to give Fibaro time, i too have noticed things improving. Slowly but surely they look like they are on right path.

Either that or somone is having blast analysing these forums - so much frustration centered around one brand.

I believe this forum is much different than others around.

It is mainly composed by two blocks:

- people helping each others (VD, scenes, configurations, ..., and you find very skilled and talented people) and this is the standard forum style

- people blaming Fibaro about big bugs never fixed (you do not see this topics in other forums since usually the producer is not part of it, nor being the administrator itself)

Clearly Fibaro should only focus on the blaming part of the forum (maybe too mixed with the rest...?) but it does not happen, or at least not happen anymore, or at least we just read something like "I have forwarded the bug to the team" and it takes decades to be fixed or not fixed at all.

It is anyhow strange that posting a free of charge, cool, needed, interesting, helping VD code should be approved (?!). Why?

Suggestion: why not some of you here start working for Fibaro as programmer consultant when it is needed....?????

20 hours ago, Kuba13 said:

I am not sure if it falls under the culturall influence. I have red few posts from Konopka and he seems to try and be at very least present here - showing concern with user's issues. In my opinion there are simply too manny threads to objectively handle in such small team.

That infact might be the whole reason why Fibaro is sometimes lagging in software developement - trying to chase way too manny things at once.

Personaly i blame their advertisement depaertement since they seem to run the whole company.

However i do concur with your suggestion to give Fibaro time, i too have noticed things improving. Slowly but surely they look like they are on right path.

Either that or somone is having blast analysing these forums - so much frustration centered around one brand.

I am with you on the marketing department part. Too boastful on their products and frequent false representations.

Examples:

I see CO Sensor everywhere on Fibaro marketing materials, banners, videos, etc but to-date, it is still nowhere available/insight after two years of seeing them marketing about it.

If I am in Fibaro's management or board of directors, I would have given the marketing department a big piece of my mind and force their team lead to learn from Apple's marketing (just-ready marketing strategy meaning only market when product is ready to start selling, getting into customers' hands) or be prepared to be replaced for continual incompetence after slapping a PIP (Performance Improvement Plan) in FY16.

10 minutes ago, chaicka said:

I am with you on the marketing department part. Too boastful on their products and frequent false representations.

Examples:

I see CO Sensor everywhere on Fibaro marketing materials, banners, videos, etc but to-date, it is still nowhere available/insight after two years of seeing them marketing about it.

If I am in Fibaro's management or board of directors, I would have given the marketing department a big piece of my mind and force their team lead to learn from Apple's marketing (just-ready marketing strategy meaning only market when product is ready to start selling, getting into customers' hands) or be prepared to be replaced for continual incompetence after slapping a PIP (Performance Improvement Plan) in FY16.

Hey that is great plan! almost as tho it was common practice (not so lon ago), i vividly remember things NOT being advertised nor teased prior to completition of the car/computer/etc.

I blame Microsoft for great manny things hence i wish i could also blame them for propetuall betaverssion culture of today's software, promissing complete nonsence (Hello games / Peter Douglas Molyneux / 3D realm's "forever") or such. Sadly however,  those ideas became popular regardless of MS. And one of my more nightmarish vissions of world being stuck in beta developement and users being sold on idea alone seems to have solidified in modern software developement trends.

*sigh* sorry i just need to vent my frustrations.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just check dates in circles! Any comment is unnecessary.

Edited by Sankotronic
    Attachment quota filled up / deleting older stuff sorry :-(

• 2 months later...

I just noticed, when posting a post, this pending approval thing. What is this for? Now we have to be moderated before posting?????

I just posted a 'Help Needed' posting about connecting to a Mosquitto server. What is wrong with that?

Edited by Lambik

Hey, nobody saying there is anything wrong - they just insist to check wether it is or not - and yes it may take some time...

Edited by 1152

On 4/2/2017 at 4:30 PM, Lambik said:

I just noticed, when posting a post, this pending approval thing. What is this for? Now we have to be moderated before posting?????

Hi @Lambik

It sounds like you posted in crowd solutions, they need to approve before it's made available.

I understand that this is make sure the crowd solutions are solutions and not 'questions'. I understand the purpose but think it's unnecessary

Repost (or new post) in Community Support or most other sections and it'll appear right away

-f

It's accepted:

Beats me why to moderate before posting and not moderate afterwards.... :-/

Edited by Lambik

1 hour ago, Lambik said:

It's accepted:

Beats me why to moderate before posting and not moderate afterwards.... :-/

Hi @Lambik,

Crowd's solutions is for solutions not questions and that is why every new topic there needs to be checked before it is released to public. Administrators and moderators want to keep it clean and tidy and to have only solutions there. I support them in that effort!

Didn't you read description of the Crowd's solutions subforum? Quote:

Description

This subforum was created for sharing solutions. You are welcome to share your complete and working solutions that you created.

This subforum is not a place to ask general questions about features of the system or ask someone to create a solution.

Topics should contain a solution in the original post and a description of a solution. Incomplete solutions will be moved to Community Support subforum.

Topics such as: "Problem", "Help", etc will be delete without any notice. (End of quote)

Your question was still not deleted but was moved to Community support where it really belongs. Thank you for understanding.