Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Tutorial - Using a Hometable to store device and scene ID's

AutoFrank

2 hours ago, robw said:

I'm sorry to hear you have issues with it. Personally, the only issue I've had was the broken motherboard. I almost always also run the beta build of the software, and that have been stable, too. All I can think of is that you have some scenes/code that makes the system unstable, or a faulty unit. I have a some simple block scenes, and then I run a lot of UHAS scenes and VD's to drive the majority. I have a mix of Hue lights, Fibaro sensors (door sensors, fire sensors, eye sensors, water sensor, power switches) and also a power switch from another brand, an outdoor type. The HC2 covers 3 stories in the house and also outdoors. It runs very good and stable for me.

Send as much logs as you can to Fibaro first. If that does not work, hear with them if it is a chance that the unit itself could be malfunctioning.

Hope it all gets resolved!

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

I have many scenes that rely on tables of device IDs to function.

The scenes loop through the tables to perform tasks e.g. change the entire heating profile to hotter or colder and then report on current temp / target temp etc of every zone in the house. 

I want to implement home table, however I need to be able to reference the home table descriptions in a table to replace all of the id's e.g. replacing the last 5x columns in the table below with references to home table descriptions:

--                                                                                            Rad1-Rad2 / Temp1-Temp2 / Zone_ID
    local Heating_Zone_Table = 
            {
            a1                =    {"TV",                            "Label43",         567,"",        488,"",          4},
            a2                =    {"Rear_Bed",                "Label12",        560,"",        640,"",           6},
            a3                =    {"Library",                     "Label44",        873,"",        492,"",           4},
            a4                 =     {"Loft_Bed",               "Label14",        557,"",        380,"",            8},
            a5                =   {"Front Bed",                 "Label13",        568,"",        579,"",          13},
            a6                =    {"Family_Bath",           "Label18",        562,"",        787,"",            7},
            a7                =    {"Loft_Bath",                "Label19",        558,"",        606,"",        670},
            a8                 =     {"Family_Bath_UF",   "Label8",         548,"",         877,876,      11},
            a9                =    {"Loft_Bath_UF",         "Label7",          404,"",        411,412,       12},
            a10             =     {"1st_Corr",                  "Label42",        561,"",        573,"",            5},
            a11             =     {"Mast_Bed",               "Label11",        870,"",        637,"",        860},
            a12             =     {"Garden_Bath",          "Label27",        563,"",        922,"",        861},
            a13             =     {"Master_Bath",          "Label17",        871,"",        637,"",        860},        
            a14             =     {"Kit_Din_UF",             "Label5",          566,"",        880,881,    858},
            a15             =     {"Kit_Din",                    "Label30",        566,"",        514,"",        858},
            a16             =     {"Kit_Liv_UF",              "Label28",        874,"",        880,881,    858},
            a17             =     {"Kit_Liv",                     "Label31",        874,"",        779,"",        858},
            a18             =     {"Garden Room",        "Label15",        563,"",        579,"",        861},
            a19             =     {"Kit_WC_UF",             "Label29",        565,"",        878,879,    858},
            a20             =     {"Kit_Corr",                  "Label26",        565,"",        767,"",            5},
            a21             =     {"Loft AV",                   "Label25",        559,"",        380,"",            9}
            }

Heating_Zones = function (trigger) 
    local returnString = Heating_Zone_Table[trigger] 
    returnString = returnString[icolumn]
    return returnString 
    end

Edited by amilanov

Ok, I think I understand. 

Yes, you need to use som "HT string" to store the reference to deviceIDs in other tables. 

It's doable.

Please login or register to see this code.

So, then you can store "tvroom.heating" in your  Heating_Zone_Table 

Ex.

and then do

I noticed that my example use tvroom.heating and not heating.tvroom as in your example... I just prefer putting things in rooms and not rooms in things ;-)

Edited by jgab

11 hours ago, jgab said:

Ok, I think I understand. 

Yes, you need to use som "HT string" to store the reference to deviceIDs in other tables. 

It's doable.

So, then you can store "tvroom.heating" in your  Heating_Zone_Table 

Ex.

and then do

I noticed that my example use tvroom.heating and not heating.tvroom as in your example... I just prefer putting things in rooms and not rooms in things ;-)

OMG!!!

Thank you for taking the time to explain that in such detail.

I tested the HTMAP option as I am calling a fair amount of devices (subjectively).. not sure what defines small/large in this case.

PS: I agree that you should put things in a room. The "heating" room is a plumbing room with actuators and fibaro relays for each heating zone, hence "heating.tv_room" makes sense  in this case :)

I owe you a beer for that!

Regards

Aleks

I've seen some automated HomeTable scenes, you could also look for them. An example here: 

Thank's to jgab for helping out!

Edited by robw
New link.

Am I right in saying that the ID of the heating panels is not picked up automatically through the code that

Please login or register to see this link.

wrote?

In which case I would have to hardcode the IDs into the user defined section at the top?

Edited by amilanov

6 hours ago, amilanov said:

Am I right in saying that the ID of the heating panels is not picked up automatically through the code that

wrote?

In which case I would have to hardcode the IDs into the user defined section at the top?

I'm not a big fan of autogenerating the hometable so I haven't tested the code. 

However, it should automatically find all devices that are visible and enabled. Have you hidden the devices?

VDs you need to add yourself, like the scenes in the example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jgab said:

However, it should automatically find all devices that are visible and enabled. Have you hidden the devices?

I'm not referring to devices. I'm referring to the heating panel. 

Maybe someone else on the forum has used the heating panel before and knows if it is possible to auto generate the IDs?

1 hour ago, amilanov said:

I'm not referring to devices. I'm referring to the heating panel. 

Maybe someone else on the forum has used the heating panel before and knows if it is possible to auto generate the IDs?

Sorry, I don't have any heating in HC2 so I misunderstood you.

You can access your heating info that is available under panels with Lua

Have a look at  http://<hc2-ip>/docs 

There you have all the APIs (heating is under panels).

Ex api.get("/panels/heating") 

(I'm a bit unsure exactly the syntax but it is shown in the docs)

and you get back the data as a Lua table where you should be able to pick out the IDs

Thanks again.

This is how you get the id's in one go: http://IP_ADDRESS/api/panels/heating

I was asking about the auto generation of these ids in HomeTable.

• 3 months later...

[SOLVED] 

Hello

I am a newbie with HC2 and in he process of learning LUA

Thank you for the HomeTable concept which is very usefull !

I try to get the defined users ID in the HomeTable but this "type" is not included, how shouldI do to get the iDof a restricted user (Superusere being 2) in the Home table ?

Thank you for your help

Edited by Manuc
SOLVED

Hello

Can HomeTable content be used in header %%properties ? Is there a trick ?

Thank you

Edited by Manuc

• 6 months later...

can homeTable store also only rooms but not like fisical put it in it, but just like the devices with filter

@Manuc dont think so, so i made

valueProperties = function()
    function log(...)
        local buffer={}
        buffer[1]="<pre>"
        for i,v in ipairs{...} do
            buffer[#buffer+1]=v
            buffer[#buffer+1]=" value<br>"
        end
        Debug("green", table.concat(buffer))
    end
    log(doorID,lightID) --put here youre devices
end
if debug then valueProperties() end

copy and paste in %%properties

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Some wonderful scene's and VD etc. can be found here. There seem to be a lot of versions for creation of Hometable. Is there a final and comprehensive version for automatic creation of Hometable?

Maybe it should be obvious to me, but isn't.... sorry about that.

Edited by Theo-Fibaro

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Newbie .... I use the HT on HC2 is the HomeTable scene compatible with the HC3 ?

Thank you