• Announcements

• T.Konopka

DOWNLOADS - new way of sharing solutions!   01/17/18

Dear users, We want you to have a great time here on the Forum, therefore, we are introducing a new tool for sharing solutions! DOWNLOADS - a system of file sharing for all of you. DOWNLOADS - support topics - this is a new category for support topics. Check the short guide for Downloads on how to add a solution (all files have to be approved).   Crowd's Solutions will be closed for new submissions, but still open for replies in remaining topics. We ask the authors of the solutions to add their solutions to Downloads with the link to the topic at the top of the description. We will merge the support topic with the one from Crowd's Solutions.   If you have any questions, feel free to ask our administrators - @T.Konopka and @I.Srodka!
    • T.Konopka

DOWNLOADS - nowy sposób dzielenia się rozwiązaniami!   01/17/18

Szanowni użytkownicy, Chcemy, abyście świetnie spędzali czas na Forum, dlatego przedstawiamy wam nowe narzędzie do dzielenia się rozwiązaniami! DOWNLOADS - system dodawania i pobierania plików. DOWNLOADS - support topics - to jest nowa kategoria z tematami wsparcia. Sprawdźcie przewodnik dla Downloads, aby wiedzieć jak dodać rozwiązanie (wszystkie pliki muszą zostać zatwierdzone).   Rozwiązania Społeczności zostaną zamknięte dla nowych tematów, jednak tematy już wczęśniej dodane będą nadal dostępne. Prosimy autorów rozwiązań do przenoszenia ich do Downloads - prosimy o dodanie linkiem do tematu na górze opisu. Połączymy wtedy temat wsparcia z tematem z Rozwiązań Społeczności.   W przypadku pytań, prosimy o kontaktowanie się z administratorami - @T.Konopka and @I.Srodka. (Rozwiązania mogą być dodawane w języku polskim!)
    • T.Konopka

Technical Support Helpline - May Holidays   04/23/18

Dear users, We would like to inform you that due to incoming holidays in Poland on 30th of April and on 1st and 3rd of May our Technical Support helpline will not be available. We apologize for the inconvenience. Sincerely, FIBARO Team
    • T.Konopka

Linia Wsparcia Technicznego - Majówka   04/23/18

Drodzy użytkownicy, W związku z nadchodzącą majówką, 30 kwietnia oraz 1 i 3 maja linia Wsparcia Technicznego nie będzie dostępna. Za utrudnienia serdecznie przepraszamy. Z wyrazami szacunku, Zespół FIBARO
AutoFrank

Tutorial - Using a Hometable to store device and scene ID's

Thanks. This doesn't seem to be the issue, but it made me think about the references.

I excluded the references one by one and I found that it is the erroneous referral to my own phone, which is named iErnst.

How should I refer to that? Obviously jT.iErnst is wrong....

(still don't understand how the line number is so different)

Sorry, of course, that should be jT.iOS.iErnst

Then another questions about referencing the HomeTable.

In the definitions statement at the start of a scene, is it possible to refer to the hometabel too?

For example:

local jT = json.decode(fibaro:getGlobalValue("HomeTable"))

--[[
%% autostart
%% properties
120 value
%% events
%% globals
--]]

Instead of 120 I would like to refer to jT.kitchen.window.

But replacing 120 with that doesn't work, starting with local jT = ... doesn't help either.

Any suggestions?

10 hours ago, ErnstH said:

Sorry, of course, that should be jT.iOS.iErnst

Then another questions about referencing the HomeTable.

In the definitions statement at the start of a scene, is it possible to refer to the hometabel too?

For example:

local jT = json.decode(fibaro:getGlobalValue("HomeTable"))

--[[
%% autostart
%% properties
120 value
%% events
%% globals
--]]

Instead of 120 I would like to refer to jT.kitchen.window.

But replacing 120 with that doesn't work, starting with local jT = ... doesn't help either.

Any suggestions?

Hi @ErnstH,

It is not possible to replace device ID's in scene header with HomeTable references. In scene header you have to keep ID numbers of the triggering devices and yes, you will have to edit header of all scenes that uses ID of device that changed its ID due to hard reconfiguration or exclusion/inclusion process. 

• Topic Author
  • HI @ErnstH

Sorry for the late reply

The hometable references need to be exact and ARE case sensitive. It has zero flexibility.

I have seen an Error referenced at line 334 that is really an issue like the one above

Sometimes the exception notification for the HC2 is sometimes a bit off a doesn't always flag the correct line.

Line 74 in a scene almost always points to an issue with a global; variable (empty, nill or does not exist)

I have also seen Errors referencing getselfId in a scene that is flagging a syntax error 

There is a post here that talks to his - 

Please login or register to see this code.

Hello
    Have once again a question.
    I know the what I have shown below did not work, but how can I read the value from the json list.

How can I sit down please can give me an example?

Many Thanks.

Edited by parip69

hi @AutoFrank,

thanks for another awesome tutorial!

I started playing around with it today. Everything works as expected.

I wanted a more readable output of the HomeTable in the Debug window.

So I found a LUA script in the internet and adapted it for Fibaro Debug.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

For this screenshot I used a simple nested hometable:

I have a standard function to write to the debug window which i use in every scene:

The function for the output of the HomeTable in JSON Format is:

To output the Json you can now use:

maybe someone finds this usefull as well.

keep up the goood work.

kro

Edited by kroeatschge

Hi all,

on the weekend I found some time and worked through the tut, and everything is really working great from the beginning.

However, I found one thing that I could not figure out. There are iOS devices missing in my Table, but I do not have a clue why?

I checked

Please login or register to see this link.

and all my devices are listed there...

Hints?

Cheers

joystick

Edited by Joystick

Hi,

not sure if this is mentioned elsewhere, so just in case.... there is no need to manually add scenes and users, as suggested in the script on page 1.

- Scenes can be added automatically with this snippet:

- There is actually a type for users. Just add this to the main for-do-block:

Cheers,

jayrock

The topic has been moved from "

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

this code create and complete HomeTable variable if not exit or update it if exit, adding all users, scenes, devices, VD and iOS.