Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

MS6 including as ID 0 or not including correctly

AutoFrank

Question

hi,

I bought a bunch of MS6 devices

Some included okay and some are proving a challenge 

I've noticed that some half include (ie I might get temp and motion but no humidity)

I also noticed that some are including as ID 0

I tried different power supplies, different cables, close to the HC2 and not so close

I tried the factory reset (hold include button down for 20 seconds) 

I just trying to figure out if I missed something or just got a bad batch

Thanks

Edited by AutoFrank

I'm waiting on my MS6, should come in two days. I ordered only one just for testing purposes. I have one MS5 that has proven to be total failure. After including nothing worked. After adding parameters myself I get somehow for sensors for temperature, light and humidity to report measurement but motion sensor never worked. To be honest, measurements of temp, light and humidity were not accurate but since no template I didn't know how to adjust them. 

I don't want to be harsh but total waste of money. Hopefully MS6 will be better in that respect, but I don't expect measurement to be correct, hey, I mean lux sensor that measures light strength only to 1000lux!? Come on Aeon, Fibaro light sensor measures 1700lux when I have direct sun light in my living room! It is just too bad that Fibaro MS doesn't have humidity sensor!

• Inquirer
  • 18 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

I'm waiting on my MS6, should come in two days. I ordered only one just for testing purposes. I have one MS5 that has proven to be total failure. After including nothing worked. After adding parameters myself I get somehow for sensors for temperature, light and humidity to report measurement but motion sensor never worked. To be honest, measurements of temp, light and humidity were not accurate but since no template I didn't know how to adjust them. 

I don't want to be harsh but total waste of money. Hopefully MS6 will be better in that respect, but I don't expect measurement to be correct, hey, I mean lux sensor that measures light strength only to 1000lux!? Come on Aeon, Fibaro light sensor measures 1700lux when I have direct sun light in my living room! It is just too bad that Fibaro MS doesn't have humidity sensor!

Thanks 

Hopefully I can get these working... 

I have a few and they are all working great but I agree on the lux

The thing that attracted me to the aeotec was the humidity ( for my bathrooms) and the native usb power connection 

Need your give it a few more hours this evening 

Last week I received 4 x the MS6 and 1 MS5.

The MS6 are working perfectly from the first plug in and Fibaro has created a template for it.

I ordered the MS5 to be placed outside. But this sensor gave some problems at first.

Strange enough Fibaro didn't and is not going to create template for it.

But with the help of @Flash226 I got it working, he supplied the needed parameters to me.

It's true that the max Lux value is 1000 but I don't  have that prob's with that.

Biggest advantage is that these sensors have a moisture sensor!

• Inquirer
  • 38 minutes ago, TRicky said:

Last week I received 4 x the MS6 and 1 MS5.

The MS6 are working perfectly from the first plug in and Fibaro has created a template for it.

I ordered the MS5 to be placed outside. But this sensor gave some problems at first.

Strange enough Fibaro didn't and is not going to create template for it.

But with the help of @Flash226 I got it working, he supplied the needed parameters to me.

It's true that the max Lux value is 1000 but I don't  have that prob's with that.

Biggest advantage is that these sensors have a moisture sensor!

Thanks @TRicky

I've had an MS5 for the last 12 months located outside but in under a roof soffit and half behind a big spotlight. For some reason it started to give to give problems a few weeks ago with lux failing first and them temp. I haven't had a chance to take it down and give it the once over but prior to that it was very reliable

I have 14 of the MS6 in total with the last batch of 6 having arrived yesterday.

The first one (my initial test one) I received included no problem and so did all of the first batch of 4 I got

I had them sitting about 5 feet from my HC2 

For the second batch of 4, one of them included fine and then I had problems with the rest.  for two of them when they included the received all the parameters but under an ID of 0 and then weren't available in the devices display. I am trying to think if the inclusion difficulty started after my upgrade to 4.11 but can't recall for sure

The MS6 that included successfully are all working perfectly - it's just the latest batch I'm having issues with 

I now have a bunch of half included devices in my unassigned category that wont delete when I either excluded the device or manually/force remove. (see below) I also have a few of these 'zwave Node:XX' devices that I cant get rid of. I think these are remnants of some failed inclusions

Dd you just use the standard include method 

- Plug in - (I leave them for 60 seconds) and then one click of the button and wait 

did you do any 'wake up' mid inclusion 

Mine are all usb powered, are yours

Did you include them with HC2 4.11 or before

Any tips you found that helped  ?

Thanks

-f

Please login or register to see this attachment.

@TRicky,

I will try MS5 again with @Flash226 templates, but what I don't like with this sensors is inaccuracy of measurement. I compared them with Netatmo weather station and Fibaro multi sensors and measured temperature was always off for several degrees, humidity was off for more than 3% and lux I don't want even to mention, way off! BTW all sensors were placed on same place just few centimeters from each other!

So I want to know did you compare measurements and manage to adjust them to be more accurate?

• Inquirer
  • 4 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

Thanks @TRicky

I've had an MS5 for the last 12 months located outside but in under a roof soffit and half behind a big spotlight. For some reason it started to give to give problems a few weeks ago with lux failing first and them temp. I haven't had a chance to take it down and give it the once over but prior to that it was very reliable

I have 14 of the MS6 in total with the last batch of 6 having arrived yesterday.

The first one (my initial test one) I received included no problem and so did all of the first batch of 4 I got

I had them sitting about 5 feet from my HC2 

For the second batch of 4, one of them included fine and then I had problems with the rest.  for two of them when they included the received all the parameters but under an ID of 0 and then weren't available in the devices display. I am trying to think if the inclusion difficulty started after my upgrade to 4.11 but can't recall for sure

The MS6 that included successfully are all working perfectly - it's just the latest batch I'm having issues with 

I now have a bunch of half included devices in my unassigned category that wont delete when I either excluded the device or manually/force remove. (see below) I also have a few of these 'zwave Node:XX' devices that I cant get rid of. I think these are remnants of some failed inclusions

Dd you just use the standard include method 

- Plug in - (I leave them for 60 seconds) and then one click of the button and wait 

did you do any 'wake up' mid inclusion 

Mine are all usb powered, are yours

Did you include them with HC2 4.11 or before

Any tips you found that helped  ?

Thanks

-f

I just spotted this in the manual  - Page 4

Please login or register to see this code.

and then Page 5 talks about inclusion 

Please login or register to see this code.

I'll try a factory reset (hold button down for 20 seconds) this evening and then wait 20 mins after first power up

Manual downloaded from 

Please login or register to see this link.

Maybe I didnt leave them piowered up 

• Inquirer
  • 6 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

@TRicky,

I will try MS5 again with @Flash226 templates, but what I don't like with this sensors is inaccuracy of measurement. I compared them with Netatmo weather station and Fibaro multi sensors and measured temperature was always off for several degrees, humidity was off for more than 3% and lux I don't want even to mention, way off! BTW all sensors were placed on same place just few centimeters from each other!

So I want to know did you compare measurements and manage to adjust them to be more accurate?

@Sankotronic

I had a fibaro multi-sensor in the same room as the Ms6 while I was installing the MS6 and from what I recall the temp was only different by less than 0.5 deg

not sure about lux but I'm only interested in the lower end of the lux range to trigger lights

I could put it back into the room and take some measurements if you like....

-f

@AutoFrank,

Thank you but I will receive one MS6 soon and will test. Those differences in measurement I was writing about in previous post are related to MS5. I really hope that MS6 has overcome those problems!

There is also some firmware upgrades to the MS6. However the AEON firmware app did not manage to connect to the USB ports on two of my computers, so I haven't managed to update the firmware on mine.

• Inquirer
  • 22 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

@AutoFrank,

Thank you but I will receive one MS6 soon and will test. Those differences in measurement I was writing about in previous post are related to MS5. I really hope that MS6 has overcome those problems!

got you now ...

thx

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, robw said:

There is also some firmware upgrades to the MS6. However the AEON firmware app did not manage to connect to the USB ports on two of my computers, so I haven't managed to update the firmware on mine.

Thanks @robw

@TRicky - which FW are you using  ?

all of mine seem to be in 1.7 (the good and the bad)

Edited by AutoFrank

Hi @Sankotronic and @AutoFrank,

I included the MS6's and the MS5 into V1.100. They all are USB powered (I hate changing batteries).

As I normally do, I added them to the USB powersource, started the inclusion procedure on my HC2 and clicked the wake up button on the sensor.

Sad enough there's no template for the MS5 available and Fibaro said they won't create it :( The MS6 was included correctly at once.

But what surprised / irritated and costed me a lot of time was that all my AEON 4in1 Sensors (the first ones) had changed parameters, this was done by the new V1.100.

I had to correct them all to get my automated lights working normally again.

Cheers!

• Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, TRicky said:

Hi @Sankotronic and @AutoFrank,

I included the MS6's and the MS5 into V1.100. They all are USB powered (I hate changing batteries).

As I normally do, I added them to the USB powersource, started the inclusion procedure on my HC2 and clicked the wake up button on the sensor.

Sad enough there's no template for the MS5 available and Fibaro said they won't create it :( The MS6 was included correctly at once.

But what surprised / irritated and costed me a lot of time was that all my AEON 4in1 Sensors (the first ones) had changed parameters, this was done by the new V1.100.

I had to correct them all to get my automated lights working normally again.

Cheers!

Thanks 

Looks like I have an anomaly in either the sensors or my procedure

I'll give it another go this evening

-f

Bro, what is the MS6 firmware/version labelled on the box of it?

If they are 1.06 or 1.07, should be ok. But if you somehow received very old production (think it was 1.01 labelled on the box), then you may have problem. I think I posted before during early UAT on an early production unit from Aeotec. That piece is a junk even after flashing to 1.06 firmware.

Edited by chaicka
    Found the version from own signature

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, chaicka said:

If they are 1.06 or 1.07, should be ok. But if you somehow received very old production (think it was 1.01 labelled on the box), then you may have problem. I think I posted before during early UAT on an early production unit from Aeotec. That piece is a junk even after flashing to 1.06 firmware.

I'll check later - hopefully its the newer ones

thanks for the heads up...

6 hours ago, chaicka said:

I will check mine too 2morrow. I'll let you both know. I've gotten curious too.....

• Inquirer
  • @TRicky @chaicka @Sankotronic

Okay 

I gave this another go this evening and I managed to get another 2 included but I cant seem to see any pattern

The ones now that have included successfully are all at 1.7 and what I have left are all newer

I assume that 1.07 and 1.7 are the same thing ...

it support OTA FW updates it is saying that it is up to date...

Only one included fully - the other successfully included the temp sensor and I have to do reconfigure and it worked then

The biggest problem is that they are including as a ID 0  (see screenshot) _ i currently have 4 doing this.

I checked the box and there is nothing of use on the label

my gut tells me there is nothing wrong with the sensors and its either 4.11 or the power supply

all ideas fully embraced

Edited by AutoFrank

I will be able to tell more when I receive my precious MS6 in few days. I will also try to include MS5 again and try with @Flash226 parameters to see what I'll get.

There is one more thing with this MS5. Before I include it I had never problems with reseting my HC2. But after including this "device" first reset caused me a big problem. After first reboot  I get more that 40 devices reported non configured. Every next reboot just bring some more non configured devices so at the end I had to restore backup which luckily for me solved problem. I don't know if this MS5 was cause to this havoc, but will try one more time. Of course before that experiment I will make backup. ;) 

• Inquirer
  • Thanks

I also have alll those unconfigured devices and not sure what to do .. but one problem at a time

The only other thing is that I havent embraced this wizard and new login (I keep x'ing out the wizard)

I wonder if this is causing the problem

• Inquirer
  • 9 hours ago, AutoFrank said:

Thanks

I also have alll those unconfigured devices and not sure what to do .. but one problem at a time

The only other thing is that I havent embraced this wizard and new login (I keep x'ing out the wizard)

I wonder if this is causing the problem

I got two more MS6 included late last night...

They seem to be more co-operative after a couple of factory resets and being left sit there powered on for 15 or 20 mins before inclusion ...

.. not sure why this would make a difference...

will keep you posted if I find a pattern