Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

MS6 including as ID 0 or not including correctly

AutoFrank

Question

hi,

I bought a bunch of MS6 devices

Some included okay and some are proving a challenge 

I've noticed that some half include (ie I might get temp and motion but no humidity)

I also noticed that some are including as ID 0

I tried different power supplies, different cables, close to the HC2 and not so close

I tried the factory reset (hold include button down for 20 seconds) 

I just trying to figure out if I missed something or just got a bad batch

Thanks

Edited by AutoFrank

I too find better success and stability with Aeotec's Z-Stick Gen 5. I had a chance to use (not buy) its earlier z-stick and that one isn't always reliable, not to mention slower transfer rate.

8 hours ago, AutoFrank said:

I downloaded the template and attached the xml  (id-0086-0002-0064-01-07-AEON Labs)

Is this what you were looking for ?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I was looking for the info under advanced tab. But since you attached the device template, I will take a look and see any difference from mine.

I have taken a look. Doesn't seems to have any difference except mine is included in battery mode so additional command class and FibaroInterface section for batt operated device.

Edited by chaicka
Added MS6-1.07 in Batt mode

• Inquirer
  • 10 minutes ago, chaicka said:

I was looking for the info under advanced tab. But since you attached the device template, I will take a look and see any difference from mine.

Thanks @chaicka

I'll check on the parameter template and send on later (no remote access at the mo)

Could I ask what's the difference or connection between the parameters template and the device template ?

Edited by AutoFrank

Parameter template is different from device template.

As the name suggests, parameter template exists when Fibaro has added support for the device and that is how the 'Advanced' tab has parameters in GUI to set with. When a device is unsupported, the 'Advanced' tab will not have parameters in GUI to set with, need to manual input each parameter, the hex value in 1-byte/2-byte/4-byte format, etc.

I noticed there are times when same device may end up with two different parameter templates. Just want to be sure we did not leave any stone not turn over.

By the way, parameter 252 is not accidentally set to locked state right?

252 (0xFC)

Enable/disable Configuration Locked (0 =disable, 1 = enable).

Edited by chaicka

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, chaicka said:

Parameter template is different from device template.

As the name suggests, parameter template exists when Fibaro has added support for the device and that is how the 'Advanced' tab has parameters in GUI to set with. When a device is unsupported, the 'Advanced' tab will not have parameters in GUI to set with, need to manual input each parameter, the hex value in 1-byte/2-byte/4-byte format, etc.

I noticed there are times when same device may end up with two different parameter templates. Just want to be sure we did not leave any stone not turn over.

By the way, parameter 252 is not accidentally set to locked state right?

252 (0xFC)

Enable/disable Configuration Locked (0 =disable, 1 = enable).

@chaicka

parameter 252 is disabled so good there

template as follows, same as yours I think

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2017_01/Capture.PNG.9f742bb605dd446881ac8b36095b28d8.PNG" alt="Capture.PNG" />

i checked a couple and they seem to be the same as sbove

Here is a template of one of the MS6's I have and that's seems to work okay.....

B.T.W. I want to use the MS6 to control the my bathroom ventilation based on a sudden change of the humidity

in my bathroom.  Does anyone already has a good working script for this?

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, TRicky said:

Here is a template of one of the MS6's I have and that's seems to work okay.....

B.T.W. I want to use the MS6 to control the my bathroom ventilation based on a sudden change of the humidity

Hi @TRicky

I use the following to activate the demist in my bathroom mirrors

> 85 - demist on, The demist pads are controlled by fibaro relays and I I have them set to auto off after 5 mins

the main loop of the vd checks every 5 mins

p

/monthly_2017_01/Capture.PNG.c8b8acc240ab483b6fa85fa7c00db55d.PNG" />

It's not exactly what you're looking for and a bit rough but might help

vd attached

Edited by AutoFrank

On 1/25/2017 at 7:47 PM, TRicky said:

Hi Tricky,

I do have a working script for this.

It's based on 3 humidity sensors, one in my bathroom, one in another room in my house and one outside (netatmo).

The scripts relies on global var named "BadkamerTable" , a table of bathroom parameters.

The global var gets filled through this lua :

------------------- Fill var BadkamerTable -----------------

badkamer = {
    echtNat = 90,
    HumBnrold = 36,    
    HumBbegin = 40,
    FanStartTijd = "1484305936",
    }

fibaro:debug(json.encode(badkamer));
    fibaro:setGlobal("BadkamerTable",json.encode(badkamer));

-------------------------------------

and here is the raw script, feel free to ask questions

- 98 is the value of the bathroom humidity sensor

---- Badkamer script ----

--[[
    %% properties
    98 value
    %% globals
    --]]

if (fibaro:countScenes()>1) then --This is just a check to make sure the scene is only running once to conserve resources on the HC2
      fibaro:debug("Scene running more then once, abort");
      fibaro:abort();
    end

local ht = json.decode(fibaro:getGlobalValue("HomeTable"));
    local badkamer = json.decode(fibaro:getGlobalValue("BadkamerTable"));

local HumBnr = tonumber(fibaro:getValue(ht.badkamer.humsensor, "value"));
    local FanAan = fibaro:getValue(ht.badkamer.ventilator,"value");
    local MinutenAan = (os.time() - tonumber(fibaro:getModificationTime(ht.badkamer.ventilator,"value"))) /60 ;
    local DoelHum = tonumber(fibaro:getValue(ht.zolder.humsensor, "value")) + 15;
    local HumBuiten = tonumber(fibaro:getValue(ht.achtertuin.netatmohumbuiten, "value"));
    local bonus = 0;

if (HumBuiten > 94) then
      fibaro:debug("Nat buiten, vochtigheid " ..HumBuiten);
      bonus = 3;
      DoelHum = DoelHum+bonus;
    end  

fibaro:debug("Vorige vochtigheid  " .. badkamer.HumBnrold);
    fibaro:debug("Huidige vochtigheid " .. HumBnr);

fibaro:debug("Doel vochtigheid " .. DoelHum);

if (FanAan == "0") then
       fibaro:debug("Fan staat uit");
    end

if (FanAan == "1") then
       fibaro:debug("Fan " .. MinutenAan .. " minuten Aan");
       fibaro:debug("Fan staat aan");
    end      

if ((HumBnr <= DoelHum) and (FanAan == "1") and (HumBnr < badkamer.echtNat)) then
          local einddraaitijd = tonumber(badkamer.FanStartTijd);
          if ( os.time() >= einddraaitijd) then
             fibaro:debug("Fan uitgezet");
             fibaro:call(ht.badkamer.ventilator , "turnOff");
          end
    end

if ((HumBnr >= badkamer.HumBnrold+5) or (HumBnr >= badkamer.echtNat) or (HumBnr >= DoelHum+5)) and ((FanAan == "0") and (HumBnr >= 40)) then
          fibaro:debug ("Fan aangezet");
          badkamer.HumBbegin=badkamer.HumBnrold;
          fibaro:call(ht.badkamer.ventilator , "turnOn");
          local mindraaitijd = os.time()+11*60;
          badkamer.FanStartTijd=mindraaitijd;
    end

badkamer.HumBnrold=HumBnr;
    fibaro:setGlobal("BadkamerTable",json.encode(badkamer));

Thanks @diedvdyk,

I'll see what I can do with it.

Unfortunately I don't have a Netatmo station but this is a good basis.

Thanks again!

Rick

Good to see I'm not the only one struggling with the MS6! :mrgreen:

I've not had any trouble with inclusion of either of my two devices, however they just go dead after a random amunt of time. Replaced both batteries in one of them yesterday and within a couple of hours it showed up as a dead device.

I'll try to give them a full reset and will also try to run one of them on USB. Having a reporting time of one hour on humidity is not a good compromise for me as I'm using them to control the extractor fan for the bathrooms.

Has anyone else had problems with the MS6 just disconnecting (or whatever it is they're doing)?

Cheers,

Tor Magnus

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, Tor Magnus said:

I've not had any trouble with inclusion of either of my two devices, however they just go dead after a random amunt of time. Replaced both batteries in one of them yesterday and within a couple of hours it showed up as a dead device.

I'll try to give them a full reset and will also try to run one of them on USB. Having a reporting time of one hour on humidity is not a good compromise for me as I'm using them to control the extractor fan for the bathrooms.

Has anyone else had problems with the MS6 just disconnecting (or whatever it is they're doing)?

Cheers,

Tor Magnus

All,

The last one was finally included

I bought the aeotec z stick and reflashed 1.7 onto the device and it included first time

not sure what to think now.. 

..but at least all are included now and seem to be working okay 

@Tor Magnus

Sorry I'm not seeing either battery drain or loosing comms but I'm running all mine on USB power...

3 hours ago, Tor Magnus said:

Cheers,

Tor Magnus

I believe I have shared earlier in this thread. It does happen occasionally and rather random. What usually fixes it is to refresh the mesh around it.

5 hours ago, Tor Magnus said:

Hi!

I have 3 MS6 devices. 

1) MS6 always died in non-USB power mode if you include device in non-secure mode (one click interviewing)

2) if your device was added via secure mode (double click interviewing) no issues here.

notice#1: at last HC2 firmware (4.110) secure mode interviewing for MS6 doesn't work anymore - stuck on getting params 

(I have reported about it to Fibaro tech support - no responses yet)

notice#2: visual differents between secure mode and non-secure mode for MS6

(non-secure)

AlAZf6qSMQ.png

(no battery level)  

I would disagree on the visual difference between MS6 in secure mode and non-secure mode. I am pretty sure I have one of them in secure mode yet still has the battery indicator. But the MS6s were included quite a few releases (including beta ones) ago.

2 minutes ago, chaicka said:

I would disagree on the visual difference between MS6 in secure mode and non-secure mode. I am pretty sure I have one of them in secure mode yet still has the battery indicator. But the MS6s were included quite a few releases (including beta ones) ago.

I second that. I'd say no battery gauge means "included on USB".

3 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

I second that. I'd say no battery gauge means "included on USB".

Yes, that is what I remember from all the testings I have done. There is no visual difference whether a device is included in secured or non-secured mode, regardless it is MS6 or Fibaro devices. This is what Fibaro has confirmed - no ability to differentiate a secure-mode or non-secure-mode device in the GUI.

>> no ability to differentiate a secure-mode or non-secure-mode device in the GUI.

Thanks ! got it.

but it's very strange for me. cuz I have two MS6 with USB and one with battery powered.

two devices what has added 5 months ago and have USB power, devices has added with a double click. the last device was bought and setuped at this week - no battery level gauge.

puzzle

23 hours ago, 10der said:

>> no ability to differentiate a secure-mode or non-secure-mode device in the GUI.

Thanks ! got it.

but it's very strange for me. cuz I have two MS6 with USB and one with battery powered.

two devices what has added 5 months ago and have USB power, devices has added with a double click. the last device was bought and setuped at this week - no battery level gauge.

puzzle

The difference lies in the inclusion. If it was included when usb-powered, there will not be battery indicator even you unplug the usb-power and change to battery-powered. That is what I can recall. I do not have any spare MS6 to test at the moment. Those in production have been rather stable hence no wish to 'disturb' their peace as it is not easy to get these MS6 to 'behave' themselves, if you get what I mean. ;)

If it is working for you, just let it be.

18 minutes ago, chaicka said:

The difference lies in the inclusion. If it was included when usb-powered, there will not be battery indicator even you unplug the usb-power and change to battery-powered. That is what I can recall. I do not have any spare MS6 to test at the moment. Those in production have been rather stable hence no wish to 'disturb' their peace as it is not easy to get these MS6 to 'behave' themselves, if you get what I mean. ;)

No need to test that, it's correct! This is true for 99% of the devices that accept batteries and fixed power. If you want to switch: exclude an include!

16 hours ago, chaicka said:

thank you so much. yes, I understand what you said. Also I understand main concern :) 

PS: 

Question for dad (programmer):
    - Dad, why the sun rises in the east and sets in the west?
    - Son, is it really works?! - do not touch!!!

PS: how to pronounce your nick? cuz I always try read your nick like sea birds -gull, Sorry.