Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Strange scene behaviour

Reintjan

Question

Hello,

Recently I bought a Homecenter Lite and I'm experimenting with scenes. Now I discovered something I believe is a bug in Fibaro scenes. Hope you can confirm or tell me what I'm doing wrong here.

First, let me explain how I work:

I have some lights outside which I want to switch on and off depending on the time of the day with different timestamps depending on the day of the week. Also I use a variable "daypart" (dagdeel in Dutch) which switches in scenes from morning to afternoon to evening depending on the time of the day. The variable "daypart" is set to night in the scene which switches of the lights late in the evening. Now in the morning, at exact time 07:00 I have a scene which checks if "daypart" is still night (it will switch in another scene to morning at sunrise) and if so it switches the lights outside to on.

Now the problem, the last scene described should check if time is exact 07:00 and then check if daypart is still night. Only if that's the case it should switch on the lights. Now, what's really happening, when my scene which switches off the lights late in the evening and sets daypart to night (mostly around 23.30) the lights switch to on again after 4 seconds. The lights only stay off if I disable the scene which should only work at 07:00.

Now, anyone knows what's going wrong here? I suppose the scene is triggered only by change of the variable instead of variable combined with exact time as stated in the scene.

See also both scenes as sample

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Reintjan

5 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • I have a seperate scene which sets "dagdeel" to morning at sunrise, a scene which sets it to afternoon at 12pm and a scene which sets it to evening at sunset. Only setting it to night has not a seperate scene but is included in the scene that switches off the lights late in the evening. 

The scene to switch off the lights and set "dagdeel" to night is working perfect when the other scene which should start at 07:00 is not active. 

Hope you can help to figure this out, thanks in advance

Edited by Reintjan

In mine any try to use sunrise or sunset does not work.

be sure that the variable is set correctly by any used script

• Inquirer
  • For use of sunrise and sunset be sure you set location and timezone  right in location settings of hcl and download time from internet. It should work then. 

I also found a workaround to my problem posted i think. I'll do some more testing and if everything works i'll post the  workaround :-)

1 hour ago, Reintjan said:

For use of sunrise and sunset be sure you set location and timezone  right in location settings of hcl and download time from internet. It should work then. 

I also found a workaround to my problem posted i think. I'll do some more testing and if everything works i'll post the  workaround :-)

sunrise, sunset, weather, location, heating panel, nothing works.... it's just hopeless.

I try to survive with the rest as much as possible.