Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Does Fibaro cache data between scenes?

kep

Question

Hi!

Let me explain what I'm dealing with. I have two scenes:

1st scene    - check if power consumption on switch <10W, if yes - trigger 2nd scene with 30 second delay,

2nd scene   - check if power consumption on switch <10W, if yes - turn off power switch.

Quite simple, right?

Thing I would like to achieve is: If power consumption is <30W for 30 seconds - turn off, if within these 30 seconds power consumption rise over 30W (something starter running) - do not turn off.

What's wrong?

When 30 second pass - no matter what is power consumption switch is turned off.

My suspicion is that when Fibaro checks power consumption at 1st scene it does not check consumption at 2nd and just takes 1st measurement.

Please help! I attach both scenes:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by kep

10 answers to this question

Are you sure that power consumption did rise above 10 or 30 Watt when 2nd scene is getting called?

Maybe your wall plug is not transmitting current power consumption because I did already send all reports that are allowed (see wall plug configuration).

Is this a HC2 or HCL?

• Inquirer
  • This is HCL (I've got small apartment :) ).

My wall plug works fine, because I can see fluent (updated around each second) power measurement on plug device in devices section.

Moreover when I set this timeout to ~1minute and turn on my PC after ~10 seconds - consumption rises to 300W, but 2nd scene is triggered anyway...

The second scene will get triggered always after 30 seconds if power is between 0 and 10 Watt.

If you have set up 10 instances and power is changing between 0 and 10 in 30 seconds about 6 times the scene 1 will start a timeout for calling scene 2 six times.

• Inquirer

The second scene will get triggered always after 30 seconds if power is between 0 and 10 Watt.

Yes, I know and this would be proper behavior.

I've limited instances to 1 on each scene. So I don't think it is triggered many times. No matter what this scenario looks like this:

I turn OFF my PC, power consumption goes below 10 Watt (1st scene is triggered, it waits 30sec before running 2nd), I turn ON my PC after ~5 seconds, power consumption goes above 300 Watt, after ~25more seconds plug is turned OFF.

Any suggestions? Maybe other solution?

try this:

1. remove in the first scene "IF W>0"  , I don't see the need of it and you just clean up a bit the code

2. change "W<10 0s." with "W<10 30s."

3. change "nowa scena" with the switch off you have in second scene "Wylacz"

4. delete second scene

if I remember correctly, once I tried something similar with a door switch and I do not remember the final reaction. It was to trigger something after 10 second of breached but in case the door is closed after 2 seconds I don't remember if it stopped the scene or not.

Be careful about the delay of the system and of the sent signals.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for suggestion but I've tried that before making those two scenes - it works the same (wrong). :(

But your scenario I assumed it worked as it should: "if consumption <10W, move on and after 30s turn plug off".

That was the reason why I created above 2 scenes - in my understanding it should work but it does not.:(

Edited by kep

21 hours ago, kep said:

"if consumption <10W, move on and after 30s turn plug off".

I don't have that device installed so I don't know how it works.

Do you have any visible confirmation from the HC that the power is >10W within the 30 seconds? App or web page (not the device LEDs)

• Inquirer
  • 1 godzinę temu, Flowy napisał:

I don't have that device installed so I don't know how it works.

Do you have any visible confirmation from the HC that the power is >10W within the 30 seconds? App or web page (not the device LEDs)

Yes, there is an fluent (refreshed around each second) update visible on device icon (screen attached).

7 minutes ago, kep said:

Yes, there is an fluent (refreshed around each second) update visible on device icon (screen attached).

very strange, to me one of the two above solutions should work.

If you still have patience...try removing in the second scene the OFF (Wylacz?) and replace it with a variable set or a push notification.

I mean...there MUST be a solution somewhere... :-) 

• Inquirer
  • I wrote to Fibaro support and...

They replied that this is how it works (two scenes) :-/ but in my opinion this is a bug with caching data between scenes, because if you run them one by one they have different readings (consumption level).

In case of notification - I've tried it. Believe me. ;)  Nothing helps - I've replied to Fibaro support to provide me a solution for this...