Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Home centre 2 cant be found in Fibaro Finder

moosairshad

Question

I just tried to restart my home centre2 from my computer. and it takes so much time. so i just powered the fibaro system manually and restarted it. Now i Cant my fibaro finder is not finding my Home centre2,

hope someone will help me soon

Thanks in Advance 

• Inquirer
  • No i didnt found the device in WLAN connected devices. What should i do now?

• Inquirer
  • i just even tried disconnecting my lan cable from  router, then also the HC2 lights for lan connection and internet is ON

You mean: it doesn't matter if you connect the LAN cable or not, the 2nd and 3rd LED from the right are always lit?

The last = the one to the right = LED 1 is blinking? And counting from there , LED 2 and 3 are ON?

• Inquirer
  • no... the one with settings sign.. .. 8th from right is blinking.. all other lights are ON.. 

Then I'm pretty sure you can't connect to it because it doesn't boot. LED 1 = boot, LED 2 = LAN connection, LED 3 = internet OK. It is described more in detail in other threads, at this point i think this information is sufficient.

• Contact [email protected]. Describe the issue and refer them to this thread. Or call them.
    • Power down the HC2 by clicking the power button (on the back) = clean shutdown. If the LED is still on after 10 seconds, pull the power plug.
    • Remove the thumb drive (memory stick) from the HC2. Keep it safe, it contains your backups & your recovery data. Do not do anything else with it, you don't want to lose this information. Please don't plug it in your computer, unless specifically asked.
    • Turn on the unit and report back.

To clarify the LED situation: normal boot = 

• All LEDS flash ON for a moment, after you turn it on.
    • LEDs start flashing in a distinctive pattern, from right to left. You'll understand when you see it ;-).
    • Flashing stops. LEDs off.
    • LEDs turn on with several seconds delay between them LED 1 = boot, LED 2 = LAN connection, LED 3 = internet OK. Now you can PING the unit.
    • If LED 4 turn on, then flashes, the unit starts up Z-Wave.

It's possible to have LED 4 lit/blinking and 2 and 3 off. That would happen if the cable is bad. So you might be able to detect your scenes are working, e.g. motion sensors trigger light, with LED 4 on an 2 and 3 off.

• Inquirer
  • thank you for the help.. 

I know about switching of LEDs. first every LED gets ON, then starts flashing and switches 1 by 1 ON. 

And it Switches every LED ON exept the last one from right, which just blinks even when no LAn cable is connected. That is the issue

• Inquirer
  • I am powering it off now and have mailed them also, hope there will be reply from FIBARO soon

7 minutes ago, moosairshad said:

thank you for the help.. 

I know about switching of LEDs. first every LED gets ON, then starts flashing and switches 1 by 1 ON. 

And it Switches every LED ON exept the last one from right, which just blinks even when no LAn cable is connected. That is the issue

Your boot sequence is indeed different from what I said. Thus suggests to me it's stuck during boot phase, befor it gets an IP.

Did you try without the thumb drive?

Yes, please, I published detailed steps in a previous post. For your convenience, I'll repeat them:

28 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

Then I'm pretty sure you can't connect to it because it doesn't boot. LED 1 = boot, LED 2 = LAN connection, LED 3 = internet OK. It is described more in detail in other threads, at this point i think this information is sufficient.

• Contact [email protected]. Describe the issue and refer them to this thread. Or call them.
    • Power down the HC2 by clicking the power button (on the back) = clean shutdown. If the LED is still on after 10 seconds, pull the power plug.
    • Remove the thumb drive (memory stick) from the HC2. Keep it safe, it contains your backups & your recovery data. Do not do anything else with it, you don't want to lose this information. Please don't plug it in your computer, unless specifically asked.
    • Turn on the unit and report back.

• Inquirer
  • same thing as before. I havent connected LAN yet, all lights are lit exept the 8th one as before

• Inquirer
  • really the issue started when I restarted my HC2 from my computer and waited long, since i didnt find it getting back, I tried a manual Switching OFF and then Switched the system ON. Then onwards the things are like this

5 minutes ago, moosairshad said:

really the issue started when I restarted my HC2 from my computer and waited long, since i didnt find it getting back, I tried a manual Switching OFF and then Switched the system ON. Then onwards the things are like this

1 minute ago, moosairshad said:

I have tried without USB.. yet the same scenario

Yes, I understood from the beginning.

If it doesn't boot without thumb drive, I'm out of ideas.

As far as I known, there is only one thing you can do to help support diagnose the issue. You can connect a monitor to the VGA or HDMI port on your HC2. Unfortunately, you need some in depth Linux knowledge to understand what it displays. Unless, of course, the screen stays all black. In that case you know it's bad hardware and the unit needs repair...

Sorry, I have no more wise words. Maybe some other forum member can help...