Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Doorbird Plugin

Guest David86vm

Guest David86vm

Dear Fibaro,

A plugin for the Doorbird doorbell is a welcome addition.

Maybe it's possible to get as an intercom device so he call's your phone trough the app.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

2 minutes ago, David86vm said:

Dear Fibaro,

A plugin for the Doorbird doorbell is a welcome addition.

Maybe it's possible to get as an intercom device so he call's your phone trough the app.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

A welcome addition would be developer plugins in general!! Fibaro is miles and miles behind Homeseer and Vera when it comes to plugins because of this.

I wouldnt expect to see a doorbird plugin from Fibaro ever since they are developing their own Fibaro Intercom device.

• 5 weeks later...

DoorBird cannot be used in SIP mode in Fibaro, because DoorBird has not agreement with Fibaro about using a SIP in their intercom.

A while ago i suggested to Fibaro, to make DoorBird as video gate plugin.

DoorBird has some strange ways, one of such technologies (not sure if it was SIP) is behind partnership wall for some reason.

I would like to join in for both generall grievence of lacking plugins and specific grievance towards lack of DB one.

As was mentioend MANNY times on forums - users woudl love to make those plugins themselves all Fibaro needs to do is quallity controll on them (oh wait i guess i now know why they wont do it) and make sure it wont screw something up.

If they wont open this to public than they could at very least offer some software (well plugin) developement kit to those companies that sign non-disclosure for example.

Given quality of users on these very forums i am convinced that if these plugins were for free than they would be made by and for community, one of manny wierd things Fibaro dose (or in this case dose not - rely on its community)

Guest David86vm
  • Topic Author
  • 7 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:

DoorBird cannot be used in SIP mode in Fibaro, because DoorBird has not agreement with Fibaro about using a SIP in their intercom.

A while ago i suggested to Fibaro, to make DoorBird as video gate plugin.

Would be great if Fibaro makes an agreement with DoorBird to use SIP in a plug-in as video gate.