Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer 2 (fgd-212) goes off

mhogendoorn

Question

Hi People, 

New to fibaro and just installed the dimmer 2. For some reason the lights turn off after like 7 seconds. It looks like when i set the value to 67 they stay on. We i use the wall switch or go above the vulea they well go off again. Is someting miss wired of do i need to configure some settings to limit it? 

Hope someone can help,

Thanks

Mike

5 answers to this question

To high load attached?

What are you dimming?

What do you mean with "Value to 67"?

*Edit OK i get it, you set the dimmer to value 67, then the light stay on. Then your load is probably to high, what is your W reading from the dimmer?

As @petergebruers says, adjust parameter 2.

If it is parameter 2 then it sound like you have to hight of a load.

You can actually use dimmer V2 with higher loads than 250VA (i have tried 350VA) but limit the Max brightness setting so that the maximum load is less than 250VA.

(That i don't recommend though, and should not be done unless you know what you are doing. adjust your load to suit the dimmer (if that is the problem) )

Edited by speedy

Decrease parameter 2. "Maximum brightness level" by 10 points. So if it is now 74, set it to 64 and try again.

23 minutes ago, speedy said:

(...)

As @petergebruers says, adjust parameter 2.

If it is parameter 2 then it sound like you have to hight of a load.

If it's a 2-wire setup, and the load is too *low* the dimmer will turn off too. Sometimes, but not often, the calibration is too optimistic. The web page should display an error message.

On 30-1-2017 at 2:17 PM, mhogendoorn said:

Well the problem was the load. It was to high.. had to change the lights to get it working.Thanks for your support

Thanks for the feedback... Good thing this device has overload protection, isn't it? :-D