Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

So what is up with Alexa

Kuba13

Right so once again i was messing around with Fibaro and installed phone app on android Pad .P

i was greeted by this (admitidley as message but still):

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Can i PLEASE get a stright answer out of annyone in the know - is Alexa coming or not to Fibaro?

i know for a fact that it was one of things listed as "comming soon" in what used to be 5 items under ID.Fibaro.Cloud, but it is now gone (just like intercom). Now i am sure that once Fibaro gets the stolen prototype back we can expect release of Intercom so maybe developement of it hit another hurdle and had to be removed (my guess would be that its overheating, because

Please login or register to see this link.

!) but why is Alexa gone from the list?

Hell there are users in this forum whom are pulling marvelous feat of including Alexa into same household as Fibaro in manner that (according to their word) works. Now i know that apple might not like to see its direct competition mentioned in the ID but its their bloody problem for not having Z-Wave not yours .P

I have been very keen on voicecontroll and i am very much interested in having Alexa (which is to my knowlidge best of the best in this field today) joining with Fibaro and replace quite sad voice asistent Lili. I've tried her (Lili) yesterday and aside for making me laugh by phonetically trying my language she was unable to run scenes based upon english or even polish names (or my butchery of them ... still i think "voda" ought to be amongst most universal slavic words). infact only thing she was able to do is tell me that she did not get my command and variations on that (even tho she did at least write it out correctly). Oh and the grating voice of Lili.... *sigh*

Lets just agree that it is beter idea to use Alexa rather than Lili, inspite of her wierdly lacking sense of hummor, and some quirks like playing me electric six's radio GaGa upon requesting the song.... (Lili would just claim she did not get it).

Edited by Kuba13
oh do i even need a reasson?

Guest aj84

I was wondering what you were talking about until I just saw the same message as a notification on my fibaro app (android)

Fingers crossed eh?

Amazon Echo has only been out a few months and Fibaro have just done a big update and they seem to be adding it. Might need to wait a little while.

Guest spazpeker
14 minutes ago, cford67 said:

Amazon Echo has only been out a few months and Fibaro have just done a big update and they seem to be adding it. Might need to wait a little while.

The Amazon Echo was released in June 2015 

and Fibaro have been working on it for a while !!!!!!!

• Topic Author
  • On 27. 1. 2017 at 6:43 PM, spazpeker said:

The Amazon Echo was released in June 2015 

and Fibaro have been working on it for a while !!!!!!!

I will belive it when i see it. Afterall there is, as mentioned before, user powered solution of Alexa integrating with Fibaro for quite some time, yet i have not seen annything beyond speculations and hints that it is under developement.

DO NOT (Fibaro) take this as me demmanding you push it out prematurely - develop solid software before you release annything, than reelase it.

I would just like to know what the hell is going on between that notification and clear and removall of (intercom and) Alexa from ID.Fibaro.

You see removing something from your planned list kinda suggests that it is either not in developement (which i highly doubt on both accounts) or that it hit suvvere hurdle and will be signifficantly delayed (it did say soon), and might be on virge of insurmountable obstacle. But sending users message that dose include both teased devices makes me conffused.

Edited by Kuba13
    logicall error corrected.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • No insight from @A.Socha or anny of the people geographically closer to developers avalible?

Look i would not mind either way (as long as there is decent explenation or even beter: replacement voicecontroll system), i DO however take it as annoyance if you dangle Alexa compatibility in my face and than it starts to vanish.  I understand that there are alot of obstacles during developement of annything and especially integrating something as unique as voicecontroll, but that is why you only present that it is in developement during closed beta testing of this not years in advance.

See that is probably most annoying thing about Fibaro - some of the promises (no doubt uttered by marketing team of overly excitible Peter Molyneux - grade of promiss factories) that just vanish into thin air. Paired with perplexin silence on some important technologies (native IFTTT, various supported protocolls, GODDAMN ANALYTICS, etc.) this could drive anny fan of smarthome up the wall.

Right, I am just now playing with echo and trying to figure anything usefull out but as far as my entirelle smart home is out of range i can not do much. This is a bit silly as great competitors already did it and I am sure people behind Fibaro are not stupid and they know Alexa is everywhere now. I would say in this point a system is not "cool" when it supports alexa but the system is outdated if it does not!! Not to mention IFTTT!!! 
    I really hope Fibaro will stand up for it and they will prove that they are inovative company and that they will not miss the fight with many many many companies that already integrated Alexa.