Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Description of device properties available in Lua?

Guest FredrikKarlsson

Question

Guest FredrikKarlsson

Hi,

I must confess that I use only "value", "lastBreached", "turnOn" and "turnOff" properties and commands for z-wave devices in my scenes.

I don't actually know what "log" and "logTemp" and the others are. They may be very useful, but I cannot find any documentation for them.

Are there any? Has anyone tried to figure out what they are, and maybe made a list??

Fredrik

3 answers to this question

Hi

@FredrikKarlsson

If you think I hijacked your thread, please say so and I will create another one if needed.

@AutoFrank

I have seen and used the REST api a bit. It's nice.

Under general and devices as you mention it is a v e r y brief info like that you will get info in seconds for a certain property. And many properties are not there.

For the multisensor with motion for example.

- Will "lastbreached" property give the last point in time since the motion sensor tiggered? Is it in EPOC seconds? This can of course be checked if you try it, print out debug info etc. But it takes time, and you would expect from fibaro that this stuff is documented.

- The "value" property (probably most used), if it is > 0 we can conclude that motion is detected. But if you trigger a light bulb on this with a scene and the lightbulb is  set to off state before you reach the alarm cancel delay it will trigger the scene and light up again. This  as when the sensor goes back to detecting state it seems value > 0 again even though you have no motion infront of the sensor. This then need to be taken care of in the code. The "value" property probably trigger on state change. Is it always 1 or 0? Or can it be 1 when triggered and 2 when reset? Of course you can test this by spending time...

Now.. I am a developer, but a newbie at Lua (just a few hours spent) and home automation. It takes me time to test things and understand the property I think I want to use when it is not documented.

But... I hope I just have not found docs yet :) Therefor my post here...

Tnx

Peo

Edited by pos

Hi

I must say I am looking for that information too. I have seen no documentation att all regarding the different Fibaro devices properties.

As it is now I have to take a property I think I need, use it, print debug info and try to figure out if it was what I needed and the format of the data. It takes time!! I would expect Fibaro to have this info somewhere....

Peo

On 1/27/2017 at 0:07 PM, FredrikKarlsson said:

Hi,

I must confess that I use only "value", "lastBreached", "turnOn" and "turnOff" properties and commands for z-wave devices in my scenes.

I don't actually know what "log" and "logTemp" and the others are. They may be very useful, but I cannot find any documentation for them.

Are there any? Has anyone tried to figure out what they are, and maybe made a list??

Fredrik

Hi @FredrikKarlsson

I don't think this exist in one place as it will vary by device.

I have found the following sources of info valuable as I look to understand a particular device

Z Wave Alliance - List of all products and associated data sheets

All fibaro products - 

Please login or register to see this link.

The product data sheet by the manufacturer provides a good good description of its capabilities and this may be a good place to start

This is the datasheet for the fibaro in-wall relay and provides a lot of information.

The HC2 RESTAPI documentation at 

Please login or register to see this link.

may also help

Go to 'General', then 'Devices' and here you'll find a list of properties and actions that are available through the HC2 with a basic description.

And Lastly if you go to http://,HC2IP>/docs  on your home network and go to the devices section. Drop in the ID for the device ID and hit 'Try it' and this will return the properties of the device

All these sources and approaches have helped me understand what I can and cannot do with a device

-f

Please login or register to see this attachment.