Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

RGBW Modul with RGBW Led strip and Temperature sensor LM35

tampiss

Hello everyone,

please I´d need your help. I have purchased the RGBW modul and connected the RGBW Led strip to it. It works great. I wanted to also connect 1 temperature sensor (LM35). I believe I did connect it as it should be, yet I can not see the extra widget for the temperature (once inlcuded). The set up allows me to sellect (rgb, rgbw and in/out).

Did anyone set up the RGBW modul with led strip as well as with temp sensor?

Thank you,

Tampiss

I didn't think you could connect an led strip and temp sensors at the same time. Its LED or a sensor I think.

12 minutes ago, cford67 said:

I didn't think you could connect an led strip and temp sensors at the same time. Its LED or a sensor I think.

Agreed. And then, even when you would set the module to output/input... I doubt if a LM35 would work. The IN of the RGBW relay has to be a buffered 0-10 V signal.

If you want a workaround, I'd buy a "Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor" because that can run on the same supply as the RGBW, is about half the price and accepts digital sensors (digital only). The sensor has to be a "DS18B20". It will offer better performance than the LM35 because it has about the same analog capability internally, but won't lose accuracy due to wiring, noise, resolution you'd have to add to make your LM35 compatible with 0-10 V input...