Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SOLVED]POPP Electronic Door Opener Always ON - (Strike Lock)

Malath

Question

Hi, 

I hope I could find someone who can assist me in resolving my issue.

I am trying to install POPP electronic door opener which is used to control doors with strike lock with Fibaro HC2.

The module is being included to the ZWAVE network fine and appearing in the HC2 as two modules, a door sensor and the door lock which is always set to GREEN and always in ON condition.

No mater what I do, the electric is always wired to the lock continuously and never goes OFF even when I click the OFF button in HC2.

thank you for the quick response! i was looking at Notes for the diagram of the single relay switch 2 and i saw that in noted "This module requires 3-wire (including neutral) installation. The output is not potential-free, it does not allow to control a dry contact or load another supply voltage than the input." I was reading the PDF for the manual and i didn't see anything in the detailed manual about anything concerning "dry contacts." let alone a two wire connection..  this is definitely frustrating.. Do you have an idea of what the wiring would look like in my situation?   id appreciate any help!! :)

2 minutes ago, matt1981 said:

thank you for the quick response! i was looking at Notes for the diagram of the single relay switch 2 and i saw that in noted "This module requires 3-wire (including neutral) installation. The output is not potential-free, it does not allow to control a dry contact or load another supply voltage than the input." I was reading the PDF for the manual and i didn't see anything in the detailed manual about anything concerning "dry contacts." let alone a two wire connection..  this is definitely frustrating.. Do you have an idea of what the wiring would look like in my situation?   id appreciate any help!! :)

Yes that's why you need the Fibaro "relay" not "switch 2"

they are different  if you don't put a wire loop in between the power feeding the relay and the relays contact set

the contacts will be "clean" (no voltage)

The switch 2 has that loop done internally

much clearer now..   realized i clicked on the wrong link to the wrong pdf.. thank you @Jamie mccrostie so to verify once more you talking about thFGS-212 Relay Switch 2 1X2kw? 

I found this image on vesternet showing a diagram, from what i understand are two dry contacts one going to O and the other going to 1 of what im trying to accomplish.  i guess the part where i'm not grasping, is how to put a wire loop in between the power feeding the relay and the relays contact set the contacts will be "clean" as you mentioned in your last post...

Thanks

Matt

Please login or register to see this attachment.

12 hours ago, matt1981 said:

much clearer now..   realized i clicked on the wrong link to the wrong pdf.. thank you @Jamie mccrostie so to verify once more you talking about thFGS-212 Relay Switch 2 1X2kw? 

I found this image on vesternet showing a diagram, from what i understand are two dry contacts one going to O and the other going to 1 of what im trying to accomplish.  i guess the part where i'm not grasping, is how to put a wire loop in between the power feeding the relay and the relays contact set the contacts will be "clean" as you mentioned in your last post...

Thanks

Matt

Yes this is the right unit.

You dont need to loop the power to the relay and the door lock are totally separate and different voltages so you need to be a little careful there.

If you were using that same relay to do another job like power some 230vac lights with the same supply this is when you would put that loop in.

Thiis is the biggest difference between the fibaro switch and the fibaro relay plus some different parameters on offer. 

By the way clean and dry contacts in this case mean the same thing.

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

On 6/4/2017 at 5:24 PM, kroeatschge said:

ok. here is what I have.

I just remembered one thing: you have to include the strike lock in secure mode. It won't do anything if included without setting the option for secure mode.

Unfortunately I don't know how to check in HC2 if it's in secure mode or not. 1st image shows the relevant setting when you include the strike lock.

I was wrong on the power type. Mine is AC Powered. Advantage of AC over DC is that the opener makes a hearable noice when opened (bzzzzzzzzz) whereas a DC powered opener does  only a quite silent click-clack. Visitors might not recognize that you opened the door then.

2nd image is the AC mode connection scheme. 

3rd image shows the left side of the strike lock control. Same orientation as on the scheme.

4th image shows the right side of the control. 

Wires on the left are:

Black: live lead from power supply

Red: live lead to strike lock

Grey: neutral from power supply

lower Red: neutral from other side of strike lock control 

Wires on the right are:

blue: live lead coming back from strike lock

red: neutral going to the other side of strike lock control

hope this helps.

HI 

Please login or register to see this link.

Can you tell me the firmware on you POPP strike lock and software version of HC2,

Nice. 

Do you know were i can find firmware update file ? to the strike lock,

i have version 1.0 and it dont work on relay 

@Niklaskinn sorry I don't know where to get it.

you can try and contact the company, normaly they react quite fast

How do you update the firmware then? I can only update firmwares if HC2 recognices that there is an update and offers me the

option in the advanced settings.

Just for your info if interested.

I had to replace Popp electronic door opener with fibaro relay switch because Popp electronic door opener can't be added to video door linked devices. I also noticed that Popp device has trouble with showing proper icon when is locked even when I changed original icons with my custom made.

This device is not correctly supported on HC2 with 4.130 firmware and as such is now collecting dust in my drawer for failed devices.

• Like 1

Guest AlojzMustafa

Hello,

someone with firmware files for version 1.3 ?

Thanks.

On 4/24/2017 at 1:28 PM, Malath said:

Hi 

Thank you so much for the information, it worked perfectly. 

I appreciate your help

Hi @Malath, what exactly solved your problem, it was the inclusion in secure mode, or the problem was rather the physical wiring?

I have the some problem right now.

Thanks  

• Inquirer
  • On 7/3/2021 at 10:21 PM, djantea said:

Hi @Malath, what exactly solved your problem, it was the inclusion in secure mode, or the problem was rather the physical wiring?

I have the some problem right now.

Thanks  

As far as I remember, only adding the device in secure mode resolved my problem. Offcourse you need to have correct wiring for this to work, you should hear a click sound when the relay kicks in