Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeon WallMote with old dimmer

HomeSystem.sk

Question

I know this is quite new device, but it is using associations to work and I find it impossible to associate it with old dimmer. Even the association with RGBW was crazy tricky to set up and I think it does not work on buttons 3,4.

Please Fibaro have a look at this device template, it is great addon to Z-Wave portfolio, you do not have anything like this in your product line so it may actually help in sell of Fibaro.

I made a video review too:

6 answers to this question

Guest Sarzeau

Hi,

thank you for your video, unfortunatly I dont speak your langage.

When I included my WallMote to my HC2 (4.110) I got one major and 5 dependent modules, each with 4 keys. So it seems not to matter, which module I use?

And how did you capture the sliding function? 

I would be grateful for any advice!

Thanks Thilo

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, Sarzeau said:

Hi,

thank you for your video, unfortunatly I dont speak your langage.

When I included my WallMote to my HC2 (4.110) I got one major and 5 dependent modules, each with 4 keys. So it seems not to matter, which module I use?

And how did you capture the sliding function? 

I would be grateful for any advice!

Thanks Thilo

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Exactly as you said, it should not matter but somehow it does :-D I see there are some troubles with association recently but this one is strainge. Old dimmer did not work for me on any button, I promisse i tried everything. RGBW modul worked only on first button and only if I added it right after inclussion. If I made any changes to the associations after, it did not work.

As well I realised that if you go under any of this slave devices (lets say 600.1) and you make asociations to group 2 or 3 there, it wont work. I hope Fibaro is looking into it as this is not only one device with this issue. I could not even set the association between Secure SRT 321 thermostat and Fibaro relay swithc, which is really really bad.

Ok and to answer your question, to be able to swipe and dim you need to use the associations 3,5,7,9. Those are for dimming. If you use 2,4,6 or 8 you will be only able to turn On/Off. Hope that helps

Guest Sarzeau

Thank you very much for your comment! I ll go to the fibaro forum and ask them. If I get a reply, I will post it here!

Thilo

Hi, can you give me some instructions of how you set this up? I have a dimmer and an RGBW device but I cannot get either of them to work at all. In HC2 it says the device is not configured.

Guest Sarzeau

Hi,

I got it configured but without a template. You have to include it in secure mode!

That what´s the Aeotec Service told me:

Scene Activiation Use

Each button has the capability to send out "Scene IDs" to trigger a scene, if fibaro supports this then each node can be used to trigger scenes with 4 separate button presses:

Tap = Scene ID 1

Press and Hold = Scene ID 2

Swipe left = Scene ID 3

Swipe Right = Scene ID 4

But if you are using Group Associations from the root node, then if a device is directly associated to:

Group 3 - dim function Button 1

Group 5 - dim function Button 2

Group 7 - dim function Button 3

Group 9 - dim function Button 4

Then based on the dimmer set to these groups, you can use Swipe up and Swipe down to dim up and down the dimmer module that is directly associated.

I use it with CentralSceneEvent (only use the first module), it works fine. Just sliding is only possible with associations, so it should work with the dimmer.

I didn´t test that.

Hope this was helpfull!

TT

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".