Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Would HCL manage this?

ddavid

Question

Hi, I am considering HCL to replace my VeraLite, which suddenly went dead...

Majority of tasks I expect are simple, so HCL would satisfy this. But I have a bit complex one with heating: I currently have 8 thermostats in different rooms. Those are working indepently based on their program using scenes. For instance: Living rooms temperature is during Weekend from 7:00 to 20:00 is 22 degrees and from 20:00 to 7:00 19 degrees and 22 degrees from 16:00 to 20:00 + 19 degrees from 20:00 to 16:00 during Working day. Similarly for bedroom, bathroom, etc. So far I understand HCL would support this.

However, I am using something like multiple button for defining modes like Home, Holiday, Weekend off, etc. This is the first selection and based on this above described scenes are running. So the sample with the Living room applies for Home, but for Holidays the temperature is 15 degrees, for Weekend off 17 degrees till Sunday 15:00 and 22 degrees after.

Is HCL relativelly easily able to manage this? I am not a programmer and I am using PLEG in Vera, but how it is this solveable in HCL? HC2 is 2x more expensive than HCL and HCL is 2x expensive than Vera, so it is my concern...

12 answers to this question

Guest FredrikKarlsson

I'm sure it will be fine. You should stay away from the heating panel I think though.

sure, it will allow you to set up your schedules very easily, but you will run into problems when you would like to somehow force the schedule to react on home/away. 

Set eat up a variable that keeps track of what state the house is in, and then construct heating scenes that react on either the current time, or the state of the house. 

You our will be fine with a HCL I think, if this is the only thing you would like to set up in your system.

• Inquirer
  • That sounds good. Is there something like "multiple button" available in HCL?

Guest FredrikKarlsson
    8 hours ago, ddavid said:

That sounds good. Is there something like "multiple button" available in HCL?

You lost me here. What do you mean?

• Inquirer
  • 11 hours ago, FredrikKarlsson said:

You lost me here. What do you mean?

I mean some virtual multiple button in the application to make me able to switch between modes Home, Holiday, etc and based on this to run scenes?

I think it is a virtual device, where you can click a button, and change the global variable, if you are, for example, home or away or on vacation.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by hTiger1

• Inquirer
  • this looks good... is there any demo of HCL application I can try to set up without the controler?

16 hours ago, ddavid said:

this looks good... is there any demo of HCL application I can try to set up without the controler?

hi David,

before considering HCL or HC2 read all topics in this forum first.

HCL has well known issues never solved that you will for sure have to manage like the other users do

On 12.2.2017 at 9:41 PM, hTiger1 said:

I think it is a virtual device, where you can click a button, and change the global variable, if you are, for example, home or away or on vacation.

Hi. Would you mind sharing the string you used for this?

I have been struggeling to get a virtual device to change a variable.

Hi
    You can import "position.vfib" and customize it.   

IP adresse: 127.0.0.1

TCP Port: 11111

After importing Position.vfib

Remplace <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To calculate Base64 use 

Please login or register to see this link.

. Example user = admin; pwd = admin, the text to decode is admin:admin,  result of this decodation is YWRtaW46YWRtaW4=

select "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" and insert your username and password, as you have generated with Base64.
    Be careful not to delete or add spaces, in the empty line should be one space at the beginning of the line. No spaces after username / password.  It works with 4.110 and other.

Variable "Position" can have the value "Out" and "Home"

Create variables with your own names.

Edited by hTiger1

thanks @hTiger1 I didn't know about the usage of {} coding in the VD strings

Damn missing official documentation......

19 hours ago, hTiger1 said:

Hi
    You can import "position.vfib" and customize it.   

IP adresse: 127.0.0.1

TCP Port: 11111

After importing Position.vfib

Remplace <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To calculate Base64 use 

Please login or register to see this link.

. Example user = admin; pwd = admin, the text to decode is admin:admin,  result of this decodation is YWRtaW46YWRtaW4=

select "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" and insert your username and password, as you have generated with Base64.
    Be careful not to delete or add spaces, in the empty line should be one space at the beginning of the line. No spaces after username / password.  It works with 4.110 and other.

Variable "Position" can have the value "Out" and "Home"

Create variables with your own names.

Thanks a lot! Finally got this working.

I was "close", but forgot to add the variable name in the path.

Also, I had the <space> right after the user:password, instead of an extra line with <space> before the dictionary. Would never have figured out that one on my own...

Edited by Yngve