Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Motion sensor "problem"

Veki

Question

Hi.

I bought HC2 and few sensors. I have problem with Motion Sensor. After some time I get message "Waiting for Wakeup". Is that normal?

What is the best setup for motion sensor when I use it with fibaro switch for turn on and off lights. (sensitiviti, etc - it seems to me that is motion sensor too slow in detection movement)  

Thanks,

14 answers to this question

The motion sensor will have the "waiting for wakeup" status after a restart of your HC2 until the wakeup-time in the device setting has been reached. You can wake it up by triple-cliccking the button inside the motion sensor. If it changes to "waiting for wakeup" under other circumstances I do not know the reason...

Default setting should be OK for detection of movement, but I also experience slow reaction for scenes or other actions after movement. I am on a HCL, but I am guessing the indications are the same...

try to reinstall the motion sensor and u will c - is the problem still there. if it is let us know and then we will try to solve de problem

• Inquirer
  • Thanks to japasu first part is solved.

I made the scenes for my bathroom- When motion sensor is triggered switch turn on the light. And when motion sensor not detecting any movement turn off the light. Problem is that lights go off when I am still in bathroom. When I try to edit sensitivity parameter in motion sensor (from default 15 to 8) and press save - parameter 1 is still on 15. Can You share logic how to make this works without turning the light off when I am still in bathroom. 

Good to hear that the first part is solved.

For the second part, the problem is when the counter starts for turning off the lights and the sensor is breached again before the lights are turned off. Hopefully this will be solved with a "kill other instances" function that actually worked in beta 4.101, but was removed in later betas and the final 4.110 release...

I would not advice on adjusting the sensitivity, because that is not really the problem. It would  also inflict more problem for actually triggering the scene when you want to.

Guest Lode
    3 hours ago, Veki said:

....When I try to edit sensitivity parameter in motion sensor (from default 15 to 8) and press save - parameter 1 is still on 15......

Did you wait until the device wakes up ?

Parameters are set when the device wakes up.

e.g. every 10 minutes

• Inquirer
  • No, I did not wait for device to wake up. Thanks for info.

Guest Lode
    Just now, Veki said:

No, I did not wait for device to wake up. Thanks for info.

So now it's ok ?

• Inquirer
  • Yes, except part that light still turns off when I am in bathroom.

You could try adjusting parameter 6 instead. I have not tried this myself, but I think that this parameter works if you only use it for detection to manage light on/off and not as an alarm device.

What is exact turn off scene?  Maybe u should just put timer there.  For instance if light on for 20 sec and sensor not moved turn off the light.  Hmm? 

• Inquirer
  • Pokret = Motion sensor

Svijetlo = Light

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Is the door shut when bath room is in use?

Install door sensor to keep light on after  pir triggers

iIf ensuite off bed room, progam to stay on till bedroom light switched off.

or just bang same more time delay on "turnOff" comand