Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Roller Shutter 2 installation on a single 3-state switch

Ori Harel

Question

Hello, 

I've purchased the Roller Shutter 2. In my house I control the blinds with a 3-state single switch (3 states: up/down/stop) - see attached image.
The manuals are all for 2 switches. one for up and one for down. Is there a manual for my case? Does the roller shutter 2 supports this kind of switch?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

12 answers to this question

Guest fat

Yes roller shutter module will work with this. You need to set oranges 14 to 1 (toggle switch). As for wiring the diagram should be basically the same

I too have an issue with my 3-way toggle switch + fibaro roller shutter 2. 

If I control blinds via zwave, everthing works fine. 

If I control via the switch in picture below, only in one direction does it work (e.g. up). If I switch it to down nothing happens. I checked the wiring. If I disconnect S1, blind opens no matter which direction I push the switch. If I disconnect s2, the blind closes but only in one direction. I measured with multimeter and wires S1 and S2 get 100 volts when switch is in center, and 220 volts when correspondingly switched to up or down. 

The settings on fibaro module are 14=toggle switch. 

Help, I am completely baffled. I'd like my wall switches to work... 

6 hours ago, sarukas said:

I too have an issue with my 3-way toggle switch + fibaro roller shutter 2. 

If I control blinds via zwave, everthing works fine. 

If I control via the switch in picture below, only in one direction does it work (e.g. up). If I switch it to down nothing happens. I checked the wiring. If I disconnect S1, blind opens no matter which direction I push the switch. If I disconnect s2, the blind closes but only in one direction. I measured with multimeter and wires S1 and S2 get 100 volts when switch is in center, and 220 volts when correspondingly switched to up or down. 

The settings on fibaro module are 14=toggle switch. 

Help, I am completely baffled. I'd like my wall switches to work... 

Are the switches spring return to the center and do you need to hold them while the blinds move? Wouldnt this be momentary setting. For par 14

Easy, here you go. The middle one is live (220), the ones on the sides go to S1 and S2 correspondingly and have 100 volts in disconnected state. 

Interestingly, I forgot to mention - my set up has a second set of switches in another room that I linked into the same S1 and S2 as well. It was that way before I added fibaro, so I just used the setup way it was before.  So dual switches joined into one wire for s1, and same for s2,  then it goes to the motor.  Normally only one set of switches is used, the second is really not used much. 

Could this be the culprit? Should I try disconnecting the second set? 

Edited by sarukas
clarification

Well, this is embarassing. I disconnected both wires leading to the second switch and now the first switch works flawlessly...

Which leads me to the next question: how can I link up the second switch, then? 

@sarukas 

I think you also need to make sure that all three wires going to the remote switch are not tied in to any other wiring.

I think you have found the problem.

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

Hi guys,

will the roller shutter 2 work with the following switch from legrand (part 752029)?

It is a three way electronic switch and control is done by pressing the two buttons with the up and down arrows, after which the contact closes inside the mechanism. Due to the fact that the mechanism is equipped with an electronic lock, there is no need to constantly hold the key to open or close the blinds. After pressing the shutters will open or close until the end or until you press another key.

Also, what setting shall i select for the fibaro relay for this specific switch?

@Kostas,

It should have if it has conection for up and down. Plese, look at folowing portal. I know it is in PL lang, but there is wiring of it.

Please login or register to see this link.

On 8/4/2017 at 1:25 PM, jakub.jezek said:

@Kostas,

It should have if it has conection for up and down. Plese, look at folowing portal. I know it is in PL lang, but there is wiring of it.

Please login or register to see this link.

Many thanks Jakub, the wiring seems ok.

Ori Harel did you manged to setup the module to work correctly with your switch with the parameter 14 (i have switch with 1 toggle for up/stop/down)? 

i need to buy 10 modules and i'm afraid that i will have the same problem here..