Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

zwavecentral.com - any feedback?

smprofx

Hello!

I'm in the market of buying some additional Z-Wave accessories and was looking for some online stores across Europe.

I have came across this website

Please login or register to see this link.

which pretends to be a large supplier of various brands Z-Wave devices.

I was interested to order quite a few products from their store but when I tried to find some contact details or info about the company behind this site I couldn't find anything. There are no real contact details or company details on their website.

I have emailed them and asked about some clarification about their prices (include or exclude the VAT tax) and I've got some reply's but none of them explained clearly if their prices are with or without VAT tax. 

Also they claimed that they have warehouses in Bulgaria, Netherlands and Germany but when I asked to offer me any contact details for their warehouses or office they replayed that those warehouse do not work with clients directly. Also they didn't provide me any contact details at all.

All their emails are signed antonymous as "zwavecenter.com" so you don't know with which person are you corresponding ... 

This leads to me believe that this site may do a shady kind of business and no support will be offered after the purchase IF the products will ever arrive. 

Are there any users here that had a positive experience with purchasing from this webstore? 

48 minutes ago, smprofx said:

Hello!

I'm in the market of buying some additional Z-Wave accessories and was looking for some online stores across Europe.

I have came across this website

which pretends to be a large supplier of various brands Z-Wave devices.

I was interested to order quite a few products from their store but when I tried to find some contact details or info about the company behind this site I couldn't find anything. There are no real contact details or company details on their website.

I have emailed them and asked about some clarification about their prices (include or exclude the VAT tax) and I've got some reply's but none of them explained clearly if their prices are with or without VAT tax. 

Also they claimed that they have warehouses in Bulgaria, Netherlands and Germany but when I asked to offer me any contact details for their warehouses or office they replayed that those warehouse do not work with clients directly. Also they didn't provide me any contact details at all.

All their emails are signed antonymous as "zwavecenter.com" so you don't know with which person are you corresponding ... 

This leads to me believe that this site may do a shady kind of business and no support will be offered after the purchase IF the products will ever arrive. 

Are there any users here that had a positive experience with purchasing from this webstore? 

Heya,

Not specifically this store but it seems to be aimed at installation firms rather than individualls so they might only sell in largeer numbers to resellers. In that case i would understand the aprehension towards leting individuall buy say one PIR or something. However that would not excuse lack of proper contact information.

Site looks quite competently made so either it is genuine or stolen from some proper shop

I was at very least able to run it throu analysis on whois.com:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Random highlights: company responsible for registration is from Bulgaria and there is included phone number (no idea how correct that number is but, it is included, international calling prefix for bulgary IS +359 as writen down in the excavated data).

So they WERE at very least communicating with you fairly on the front that there is something in Bulgary (and ti might not be burglary).

Based upon REALY suspicious electronic mail, Gandi.net being fairly cheap hosting site, i would anticipate that this is going to be some form of scam. Albeit quite well made scam.

Edited by Kuba13
adding further information

• Topic Author
  • What is odd that every time I have asked them about any contact details about the company running this business they either ignored my request. 

They replied that their prices exclude VAT tax but from what I know it's against EU policy to public display prices without VAT tax and misinform the consumer. There are no statements of whatsoever on their site that prices exclude VAT tax so any user could be easily fooled into believing that they have good prices and discover at the checkout that they need to pay an extra hidden VAT tax ... 

1 hour ago, smprofx said:

What is odd that every time I have asked them about any contact details about the company running this business they either ignored my request. 

They replied that their prices exclude VAT tax but from what I know it's against EU policy to public display prices without VAT tax and misinform the consumer. There are no statements of whatsoever on their site that prices exclude VAT tax so any user could be easily fooled into believing that they have good prices and discover at the checkout that they need to pay an extra hidden VAT tax ... 

As far as i understand EU taxation code that restriction on VAT only applies for end customer shops so this is fine. They should probably include both and just have the no tax included on those prices without tax but as long as they are large dealer of Z-Wave and it is understood that products are not sold to general public it dhould be all legally in the clear.

Just like the web - it just looks too good to be quick scheme, yet there are quite a few eyebrow rising parts of that site aswell (lack of contact information included). Just be safe and shop on places like

(support these UK guys its one of the best Fibaro sites on the entire web!) or anny other proper site, you may have noticed that some of these sites (Vesternet, Fibaro.co.uk) contain more than just shops. And ALL of them are tried and tested .)

Edited by Kuba13
    meh

• Topic Author
  • My HC2 gateway and the first Fibaro accessories were purchased from Vesternet early last year but then they were displaying EURO prices and accepting EURO payments. Now only in the GBP prices are displayed.

They have a good customer support and a wide product offering but they tend to have slightly higher prices than other EU stores and after adding the shipping cost + GBP to EURO conversion the final user price is higher than other places I have found. 

List of our Partners you can find under this link