Jump to content

Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

 

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

 

As a member you can:

  •     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

 

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team


IFTTT integration plugin


candrea77
 Share

Recommended Posts

@A.Socha

Anny idea weather this is in the works, planned or annything in between?

 

Pretty please, given its unique reach and nigh universal use it should be operable (at least within locall network if you are affraid of security breaches) by HCL, HC2.

Maybe if IFTTT and Z-Wave alliance merge we'll get some interesting things happening .)

Edited by Kuba13
si i write is just like spanish-esque langauges write yes... nope i am nowhere near them.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kuba I am sure we both know the answer :-D But there are two manuals on the internet of how to do it by maker, but I tried basically everything and it wont work. Not even with the port forwarded, so not so good for now.

 

Honestly, I am really waiting for eather - Alexa or IFTTT, both way will be good as you can connect Alexa with Fibaro by IFTTT or if they will support Alexa you can make some magic with Alexas IFTTT integration an work it out with Fibaro. I really just hope this long awaited update will bring at least one of those. And obviously the stupid little Harmony fix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, HomeSystem.sk said:

Kuba I am sure we both know the answer :-D But there are two manuals on the internet of how to do it by maker, but I tried basically everything and it wont work. Not even with the port forwarded, so not so good for now.

 

Honestly, I am really waiting for eather - Alexa or IFTTT, both way will be good as you can connect Alexa with Fibaro by IFTTT or if they will support Alexa you can make some magic with Alexas IFTTT integration an work it out with Fibaro. I really just hope this long awaited update will bring at least one of those. And obviously the stupid little Harmony fix.

 

Offcourse we can guess what the answer will be, but i still feel like they should be given fair chance to integrate it and even defend those desedions of not including it, before customers (thats kidna all of us).

 

Well if you have problem with stupid harmony than you might want to add some inteligence to it .P

Sorry that was below the belt for those whom are actually using, or trying to use i shall write, the plugin.

 

But i think that IFTTT might be one of few things that will lead to eventuall standartization in smart home market, it is very smart idea and very smartly executed (kinda reminds me of potenciall Z-Wave has). It needs love of developers and it needs it bad. so if it is toss between great toy that Alexa is and IFTTT ill go for IFTTT anny day - it just opens so manny doors. (or windows, garage gates... just annything with motor attached to it .P)

 

Annyways as we are all here for making homes smarter in cretive manner i wish you all good integrating and hopefully we can get somone's statement on this thread. Maybe even head Fibaro person of forums themselves @T.Konopka?

(yes i do plan on annoying them with this one by one untill somone snaps and responds).

Edited by Kuba13
meh i can not type - you should know this by now
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IFTTT does work with fibaro but it does give a security risk as you are sending our username and password over the http unsecured connection.

a better way (until a secure version exists) is to create a new user with limited action to devices and/or scenes and use the Maker channel to receive requests and then a 2nd maker channel to send them to the HC2.

i have just tested using port forwarding on my router and works perfectly, including the ability to send 'name=turnOn' or 'name=turnOff' or 'name=setValue&arg1=50' commands eg

 

http://USERNAME:[email protected]:PORT/api/callAction?deviceID=ID&{{value1}}

 

cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, morpheus75 said:

    IFTTT does work with fibaro but it does give a security risk as you are sending our username and password over the http unsecured connection.

    a better way (until a secure version exists) is to create a new user with limited action to devices and/or scenes and use the Maker channel to receive requests and then a 2nd maker channel to send them to the HC2.

    i have just tested using port forwarding on my router and works perfectly, including the ability to send 'name=turnOn' or 'name=turnOff' or 'name=setValue&arg1=50' commands eg

     

    http://USERNAME:[email protected]:PORT/api/callAction?deviceID=ID&{{value1}}

     

    cheers

     

    BTW : Security First !!!! I love IFTTT and I want the integration with Fibaro. So Fibaro need to do all the activities in order to make the connection secure !!!!

    This is the "IFTTT integration" for me!!!!

     

     

     

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 2 weeks later...
    On 2/17/2017 at 5:29 PM, morpheus75 said:

    IFTTT does work with fibaro but it does give a security risk as you are sending our username and password over the http unsecured connection.

    a better way (until a secure version exists) is to create a new user with limited action to devices and/or scenes and use the Maker channel to receive requests and then a 2nd maker channel to send them to the HC2.

    i have just tested using port forwarding on my router and works perfectly, including the ability to send 'name=turnOn' or 'name=turnOff' or 'name=setValue&arg1=50' commands eg

     

    http://USERNAME:[email protected]:PORT/api/callAction?deviceID=ID&{{value1}}

     

    cheers

    Although you did this with limited permissions an attacker could use this account to gain privileged access to your system by using privilege escalation method. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    7 hours ago, Tuncay said:

    Although you did this with limited permissions an attacker could use this account to gain privileged access to your system by using privilege escalation method. 

     

    i know thats why i dont use it at all.

    i experimented with it to see if it was possible and it is. then i deleted all of it.....

    cheers 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    The topic has been moved from "

    Please login or register to see this link.

    " to "

    Please login or register to see this link.

    ".

     

    Temat został przeniesiony z "

    Please login or register to see this link.

    " do "

    Please login or register to see this link.

    ".

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Reply to this topic...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

     Share

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...