Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

All DSC alarm interface options for Fibaro HC2

pos

Question

Hi

What works and what is recommended today i feb 2017 to interface HC2 with a DSC PC1616/32/64 alarm. If I cannot get my TL260GS to work over ethernet I will buy an interface that do work with the Fibaro HC2. The problem is that no one seem to be able to tell….

What type of interfaces work with the DSC and is stable to get basic tuff like use all DSC sensors in scenes and arm, disarm etc…

Please Fibaro support. Answer this…

Add-on                                                              Works Y/N                 Comment

——————————————————————————————————-

TL260GS

TL280GS

IT-100 RS232 module + Global Cache IP2SL

IT-150

Envisalink 3

Envisalink 4

Are there more modules????

The reason is that I have this unanswered post: 

Please login or register to see this link.

Note though that I am willing to buy the interface I need. The problem is the TOTAL lack of information from Fibaro. I have black belt in google search :) but cannot find any single row of documentation to the Fibaro DSC and Envisalink plugins. And yes, I have checked all info at developer.fibaro.com.

I just bought a HC2 that I am building on. But... I am starting to wonder if I should have chosen Vera instead of Fibaro as it is  much more clearer of what works here... 

Tnx in advance Fibaro for answering this :)

/Peo

14 answers to this question

I'm interested if it works with TL280.

@T.Konopka or @A.Socha, which DSC network interfaces work with Fibaro DSC plugin? IT-100 should work, but does other interfaces work and how it is work? Documentation would be appreciated.

• Inquirer
  • Hi "jakub.jezek"

I have an TL260GS and tried the Fibaro DSC plugin. But as you may have seen in another thread I have spent so much time digging in a black hole with no documentation from Fibaro (Why do Fibaro even bother to release a plugin and no docs about what DSC hardware it will work with?).   I tried to get info from Fibaro about how to add my own Fibaro plugin to the system (yes, develop and release my own dsc plugin), But Fibaro tech said it was not possible at the moment... So.... I bough an envisalink 4 card and instead have developed a Fibaro VD that takes care of everything. It is here if your are interested... 

It works flawlessly and is stable.

Also an example here with a scene using traps from the VD to trigger stuff from the DSC alarm... 

So I have skipped the fibaro plugin totally. Now my VD have *much* more features than the Fibaro plugin.

Peo

• Inquirer
  • I have both the Envisalink API specs as well as the IT-100 API specs here to look at  

They are 98% the same as far as I can see. So adapt this to IT-100 I guess there are probably very little to adjust to make it work. I have actually used the IT-100 API specs to look at where Envisalink API spec was missing stuff. If you have basic LUA skills and look at those specs, it will probably be done quickly...

As number 1 you have to adjust the Login() function to login to the IP you have on the wifi gateway (My code bind to envisalink). And the login function is missing in the IT-100 API spec as it is a serial card. After that, most function will probably work directly...

But.... The EnvisaLink card is not expensive :)

I can confirm that DSC plugin made by FIBARO is useless. I have IT-100 interface and FIBARO plugin can work few hours. After some time everything freezes and you do not even have info from motion sensors.

Plugin made by pos seems more usable but it is made for different interface.

I do not feel safe to make code change in this plugin but it would be nice to have version which supports IT-100 interface.

• Inquirer
  • It is definitely worth the money to buy an Envisalink 4 card. It is also a lot easier to work with. And you do not need two connected hardwares (ethernet to serial + serial card).

As Fibaro have a limitation of code size in one VD, it is not easy to add support for IT-100 as the code will increase to much (it must therefor instead be a cloned device). And I cannot even add such support as I do not have an IT-100 card. If you read my release notes 

you could see I have removed code chunks to be able to add more important stuff due to the  Fibaro VD code sizing problem. Next release (i.e 2.9) will have the code more tuned with better constructions to decrease the code size. Primarily to fit more new features of course...  :)  My code is maybe not  beautiful, but it has now been proven rock solid thanks to other testers like @smprofx.

So if you have a DSC Power Series alarm, I suggest an EnvisaLink 4 card.

/Peo

ok. now I have EVL 4 card. 

I really do not know what to put in for password because I do have username/password on eyezon site.Do I have to put public or internal IP address?

• Inquirer
  • As the session is not secure, you should connect from HC2 to envisalink internally at your home network. I suggest to use. VPN client in the phone to call home with one click from Internet. Then the Fibaro app work perfectly without letting other foreign system access your home system.

I suggest you let your DHCP assign the same IP every time for the envisalink and the HC2. Do this by configure your dhcp service. Then you can do recover and the system gets the right IP directly, and you do not have to find the system on the network, login and change it.

/Peo

• Inquirer
  • When you have not yet received any events we cannot know the status and therefor set unknown status. If the envisalink session drops, it will happen again. 

Increase debug level and check the logs. A good thing is to setup a syslog server on any machine to look at the logs there as it is easier to look there instead ot the debug page in HC2.

If you want help, you need to provide logs.

/Peo

i will try to do this.

Have you succeded to do PGM start through this interface?

I have PGM 1 and PGM 2 functional on my DSC panel so I wonder whether I can use it here too.

• Inquirer
  • What do you use the PGMs for today? What do you want to accomplish with them here?

I personally started to think of the PGMs plus Fibaro binary sensors as an option before buying the envisalink. To buy Fibaro binary sensors to interact with the PGMs would be more expensive and give less possibilities, plus much cable work. By using the envisalink I can see no use for the PGMs.

If I were you I would focus on one thing at the time and go for EnvisaLink :)

Peo

I'm not technical as you are so probably I ask stupid things ;)

Use case for me is that I have possibility to open gate and garage door with two buttons on DSC panel. These tow buttons activate DSC PGMs so I figured maybe I can do that through Fibaro mobile app.

When I use Envisalink mobile application I can use this function but it is not user friendly because it takes several clicks to use it.

• Inquirer
  • On 12/10/2017 at 10:44 AM, Damir Popovic said:

I'm not technical as you are so probably I ask stupid things ;)

Use case for me is that I have possibility to open gate and garage door with two buttons on DSC panel. These tow buttons activate DSC PGMs so I figured maybe I can do that through Fibaro mobile app.

When I use Envisalink mobile application I can use this function but it is not user friendly because it takes several clicks to use it.

No. Not stupid questions at all... Just though you wanted to get the DSCengine going before asking other things :) 

And regarding this question... No problem at all...

My PDF docs of DSCengine has examples of using scenes in the Fibaro app to do arbitrary DSC keypad clicks. However... You must yourself know the state you are in on the keypad. I also have examples on that in the docs, where I mention "night mode".

/Peo

Edited by pos