Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Planika Fireplace

Paramjeet

Question

Does anyone have any experience of integrating a Planika Fireline Automatic 3 to their Home Centre 2.  I can control the Planika through a web page by typing the internal IP address into any web brower, but when entering the same address into the IP address section within the plug-in it doesn't connect and therefore not controllable. 

Any help would be apprecaited.

Thanks

14 answers to this question

All you need is to reset and enter the same ID. My family is using Planika ethanol fireplace

Please login or register to see this link.

, they are very easy to use

Edited by LeonK
mistackes

• Inquirer
  • On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:18 PM, LeonK said:

All you need is to reset and enter the same ID. My family is using Planika ethanol fireplace

, they are very easy to use

Hi LeonK.  Could you let me know what you mean by Same ID.  The Home Centre has a Plug-In for Planika where you can enter the IP address which I have tried but still doesn't work.  I can control it from a web page of the same ip address - so I know the IP address is set up correctly.

Thanks

Hi all,

So after having similar back and forth conversation with the Planika fireplace team, I now have recieved the "SHS" (Smart Home System). This is basically a box of relays with 4 inputs (used to turn the fire place on/off flame up/down) and for outputs (binary status indicators). This then needs to be connected to the Fibaro HC2 with the obvious choice being an RGBW module that has 4 in/4 out. I have now connected the SHS and the RGBW modules together how is THINK they should be done, however I'm now stuck at how to configure in the HC2 :-( 

Has anyone ever done this??? ever??? I'm in need of help having got this far before I flow something up with home automated fire ;-) 

Regards

Please login or register to see this attachment.

For reference here is the Planika SHS "manual" (for lack of a better word).... is attached. 

And for completness the RGBW controller: 

Ok, another photo of how it all fits together physically.... but as i said, not i'm at the config stage and need Fibaro help if anyone has ever done this before??

PS Planika saying they are "smart home ready" is a joke in this day and age where even a $15 light works with google home hub out of the box...

But a $10,000 "smart" fire place needs this... unbelevable... 

Regards.

You will need to split the RGBW module out into 4 independent control channels and 4 inputs (edit the RGBW module in HC2 > Advanced > Controlled Device > Input/Output) - this should then give you 4 control relays.  According to the SHS module, it looks like requires a "pulse" (on/off) to activate. For this reason, you are probably better off creating a "Virtual Device" in HC 2 with 4 buttons (for each of the controls).  You would then create 4 Scenes that basically turn on and turn off a second later (you may need to play with the timing) - then call each of these 4 Scenes in the Virtual Device buttons.

Create a "Variable" in HC 2 called sceneTrigger (assign the default value of 0).  We will use this as our Trigger in the Scenes described above.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_03/fire-1.jpg.71b2354fa198eecda7ae9da96ed725d9.jpg" />

Now create the 4 control Scenes...

fire-2.jpg.08bc6511a72a0d829b3e27f3dd92d3ac.jpg

Note we are turning the device on and then off with a 2 second delay (in red).

In our Virtual Device Buttons...

fire-3.jpg.846141e23454d2cd56fd639f310d1ef7.jpg

The number in brackets is our Scene ID.

That should do it.

Hope this helps.

• Inquirer
  • HI Snarthome AU

I have a Planika with an inbuilt WiFi module.  In the Fibaro HomeCentre there is a plug-in for a Fibaro Fireplace.  The only setting you can enter is IP address in the HC2.  For the love of me I cannot get this to work this way.  Whereas I can go to the Planika IP address on my phone and start and control the fire.  Do you have any ideas?

• Inquirer
  • On 3/2/2020 at 9:03 PM, Dutchfrank said:

@Paramjeet, did you ever manage to get it working? I'm having the same issue.

No I didn't.  I use my phone to go to the planika screen, by typing its internal IP address

1 hour ago, Paramjeet said:

HI Snarthome AU

I have a Planika with an inbuilt WiFi module.  In the Fibaro HomeCentre there is a plug-in for a Fibaro Fireplace.  The only setting you can enter is IP address in the HC2.  For the love of me I cannot get this to work this way.  Whereas I can go to the Planika IP address on my phone and start and control the fire.  Do you have any ideas?

Exactly the same here. That Fibaro plugin just doesn't work at all from what I can see. Hence I went down the path of getting the Planika SHS module and connecting to a Fibaro RGBW controller (photos above). I can now see the RGBW controller in my HC2 hub and can control my fireplace - kinda.... there is a massive delay and the buttons don't always work.. for example "flame up" needs constant "on/off/on/off/on/off" toggling for about 15 seconds to get even a single flame up press... it's utterly infuriating for a $10,000 "smart" fireplace to be so insanely hard to make "smart"... honestly my $15 IR blaster, and $30 LED lights worked out of the box with Google Home over wifi (no Fibaro needed). 

What's needed here is :

1) Immediate/short term: Fibaro to fix the plug-in you mentioned, so just entering the Planika Fireplace IP address then worked (So basically Fibaro needs to code that plug-in to work with the Planika web interface... not ideal, bit of a hack, but would work I think).

2) Long term/correct fix: Planika to actually make their top of the line "smart" fireplaces work direct with Google Home and similar home automation over Wifi. I'm no expert but a few simple searches suggests Plankia can achieve this this by implementing simple Google Actions (as done in everything from my lights, to IR blasters, speakers, vacuum and more) 

For now, even after all this wiring and config, I'm giving up because after all this effort and cost.... doing exactly as the Fibaro support has instructed with a virtual device (file attached if it helps you) it still only "kinda works"..... 

Planika is my biggest purchase regret in my life at this point.... 

I cannot help with the plugin I am afraid (I agree, this should be fixed - appears to have been broken for some time now).  With regard to the issue with the "flame up" needs constant "on/off/on/off/on/off" issue - I think this could be fixed by simply adding more buttons to the virtual device (low/medium/high maybe) - and in the corresponding scene, simply leave it on for longer before turning off.  Where this would get a bit more complex is you would likely need to keep track of the current level through a variable, and then run a scene to adjust based on the variable... gets a bit messy.  Not ideal I know, but in theory it should work.

All things considered, I really think Planika need to lift their game and offer some support to get this going, they are not cheap - support should be up to the level of the premium price paid.

1 hour ago, SmartHomeAU said:

All things considered, I really think Planika need to lift their game and offer some support to get this going, they are not cheap - support should be up to the level of the premium price paid.

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!!!

Isn't this SHS box like a set of physical relays/dry contacts? If it works by itself and Fibaro plug-in is messing things up, then idk.

bte, this whole set works flawlessly on Gira with sonoff wireless relays.