Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeon Key Fob Gen5

ckh

Question

Hi all,

The battery of my Aeon Key Fob 5 drains within 3 weeks outside my home in scene modus. I therefore needed to set the wake up interval to 0 by Aeon support. But how can I do this in the HC2 configuration menu, as Fibaro only works with parameters and the manual of the key fob only talks about command classed like  COMMAND_CLASS_WAKE_UP ?

Thanks for getting my started in this config issue.

7 answers to this question

There's a separate entry for wake up, on the "advanced" configuration page (not related to parameters). I have set my key fob's wake up to zero too, though I keep the fob in the house. It has a big inpact on battery life indeed...

• Inquirer
  • Peter, On the advanced page there is indeed a field called " Wake up interval (s) ". Its set to 4000. I tried to change it to another value, but it keeps showing 4000. Is there a trick I need to do before I can change it. I for example tried using the keyfob before putting it next to the HC2. Many thanks!

12 minutes ago, ckh said:

Peter, On the advanced page there is indeed a field called " Wake up interval (s) ". Its set to 4000. I tried to change it to another value, but it keeps showing 4000. Is there a trick I need to do before I can change it. I for example tried using the keyfob before putting it next to the HC2. Many thanks!

You have to wake up the device manually, after saving the new value on the browser page. I don't know the right button presses by heart. It has to do with the little holes in the back. It should be in the manual. After a few seconds, please refresh the browser page, because that doesn't happen automatically.

old topic butI'm having the same issue. battery is empty within 2 weeks time. tried changing the wake up interval to 0 and waking up the device (put pins in back for 3 seconds) but it stays at 4000. How do I solve this issue?

I owned a "Key Fob 5" in 2016 and I did not have this particular problem, but I did not like it (the cover, the spongy buttons) so I put it in a drawer and forgot about it. Then a month ago... I dismantled it because I wanted to see if I could program the Z-Wave chip (the answer is "maybe" to use it for something else... So now I cannot test it :(

But I do remember one thing: there is a Z-Wave and a Z-Wave Plus version, they look identical and their manuals look identical. I vaguely remember that I could not include or wake up or reset or "all of the above" the device until I got the right manual. The instructions were quite different...

do i really need to wake up the device or will it do that itself at some point?

I don't know what the device thinks the wake up is right now, could be anything depending on what got set before, so I'd wake up manually. BTW if it is >= 4000 then it should not drain the battery in 2 weeks IMHO.