Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Things I think would improve the system a lot

Dannyboy

1. Further development of HC2 block programming. After all, most people are not programmers and have no intention to spend hours learning to write and bugtrace LUA code. I know that a lot of you guys in the forum loves this but to reach a bigger market simplicity is paramount and block programming offers the possibility for most people to achieve pretty advanced automation with low effort. Maybe the biggest showstopper today is the lack of "else" or "elseif" statements. That would increase the possibilities enormously and significantly reduce the need for LUA coding and for having separate block programs to handle different events. The possibility to add comments would also be very welcome.

2. Scriptlog. Why where those lights shut off, what scene was run? Today it is quite a task to understand what the system actually did, what the triggers were, what scenes were run. My workaround is to add notifications to crucial scenes and have them sent to a separate mail address like [email protected]. It works but is clumsy and could easily be handled by the system. My mail log currently holds > 36 000 logged scene events...

3. Smarter handling of notifications. Notifications is a vital part of home automation and could easily be improved by adding the possibility to send notifications defined in the block code, directly without the need to define them in the notifications panel. The possibility to add different sounds depending of the notification and send them to handheld units would also greatly expand the possibilities, with proper sounds  or spoken phrases illustrating defined events. TTS is another possibility. Talking about the panel, with many notifications the current interface needs to be smarter. It should at least be possible to sort the list alphabetically.

4 Fixing Choosing several devices in a block scene. This is one thing I have never quite understood. I've seen an explanation but it makes no sense and it simply does not work.

When selecting the first device most other devices disappear randomly and is not possible to select anymore. If there is a logic to this I would be interested in an explanation.

But whatever the explanation is it is not working and should be fixed.

Cheers!