Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Door/Windows sensor icon change

Bodyart

Question

I have in my system some door/windows sensor and according to type of door i'm trying to change the icons, which are to be changed in pairs. It seems that I can only change the slave i.e. door contact, but the master icon is the ugly fibaro box see below. Only this device is displayed in the devices page.

Am I doing something wrong?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Bodyart

3 answers to this question

Hi @Bodyart,

Sensor's master should be hidden in the system so when you are on advanced tab there is option This device is hidden in the system that should be checked. Slave on the other hand is shown and you can change icon. Usually for doors and windows must be a pair of icons, one for inactive state:

and one for active state:

Edited by Sankotronic
Attachment quota filled up / deleting older stuff sorry :-(

• Inquirer
  • 3 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @Bodyart,

Sensor's master should be hidden in the system so when you are on advanced tab there is option This device is hidden in the system that should be checked. Slave on the other hand is shown and you can change icon. Usually for doors and windows must be a pair of icons, one for inactive state:

Hi Zoran,

thank you for your fast reaction. If understood ofcourse, that icon are paired  for this device. The reason i didn't see the door itself was in wrong z-wave pairing (weird). After exclusion and new inclusion the issue was solved.

Nice icon's b.t.w.

Thanks again.

This icons are from user @couillerot library of icons. Check from the following post onwards:

I use a lot of his icons on my HC because they are really nice and colorful.