Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Roller Shutter 2 installation. HELP!

obeliks

Question

Can somebody help me, as a noob, to tell me how to install the FGR-222?

The manual doesn't help me...

See photo...

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by obeliks

5 answers to this question

@obeliks

What part of the connections are you unsure about.

If you have doubts with this I strongly recommend you  envolve a electrician.

Do you have a way of testing 100% the power is isolated before you start?

Hi @obeliks,

First you need to find out which of the two thin black wires connected to the switches are for up and down. Then I agree totally with @Jamie mccrostie that you need to remove power before doing anything more or call professional to do the installation if you newer done anything similar before.

Anyway your system seems to me pretty simple from the picture. Brown wire and that bridge made with thick black wire is live L. Two thin black wires that are connected to the switches are motor wires for up/down. One thin black wire from same cable is most probably connected to the blue wire inside the box and that is neutral N.

Rewiring (YOU NEED TO REMOVE POWER BEFORE BELLOW WORK IS COMMENCED!!!):

1) Disconnect two thin black wires from switches and connect them to roller shutter module terminals Q1 (UP) and Q2 (DOWN).

2) Prepare four wires of 10-15cm length, one brown, one blue and two black in color. Strip isolation on this wires on one side 1cm in length and on other side 5mm

3) Find where is thin black wire connected to blue wire (N) in box and connect prepared blue wire side where you stripped 1 cm of insulation. Make sure that you isolate that connection back if you had to remove isolation to connect this prepared blue wire.

4) Connect prepared brown wire side where you remove 1 cm of insulation to the switch terminal where thick black wire is connected (on picture right side of the bridge).

5) Now take those two black wires that you prepared and connect side where 1cm of insulation is stripped to terminals on the switch where motor wires were connected.

6) Now is time to connect new wires to roller shutter module. Blue wire connect to the module terminal marked with N

7) brown wire you connect to module terminal marked with L

8) two black wires from the switch you connect to terminals S1 (UP) and S2 (DOWN) respectively taking care for the direction.

9) IMPORTANT! Check your connections and make sure that there are no naked wire and that you cannot touch accidentally live wire.

10) Turn the fuse back on.

11) Put your HC in learning mode and use toothpick or something similar that is not metal and press B button on the module. HC should now include module to the system

12) Open roller shutter module for editing, go to advanced tab and then first scroll down to the parameter 14 and set it up accordingly. If your switches keep position after toggled then you need to set parameter 14 to 1 - toggle switch otherwise to 0 - momentary switch then press SAVE button!

13) Scroll back up and find button CALIBRATION. Press this button and module will start mowing blinds first up, then down and then up again. When this process is done you can start using module. Check if direction is correct. If not then swap wires on module terminals Q1 and Q2 (DON'T FORGET TO FIRST REMOVE POWER!!!)

This is connection schema from user guide:

Edited by Sankotronic
Attachment quota filled up / deleting older stuff sorry :-(

• Inquirer
  • Hi @Jamie mccrostie and @Sankotronic;

Thank you for helping me out; it's a lot more clear now. I will let you know if it worked!

Don't worry about the danger; I installed a Fibaro relay switch in my house, but that was not so difficult.

1 hour ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

@obeliks

What part of the connections are you unsure about.

If you have doubts with this I strongly recommend you  envolve a electrician.

Do you have a way of testing 100% the power is isolated before you start?

@obeliks  Sorry if I come over a bit safety obsessed but I see some crazy things in my job and dont want to be helping anyone into trouble, if that makes sence.

Make sure you put the earth wire in the switch box in your photo into a connector if its not being used. You dont want unterminated earths floating around the other live terminals, see there I go again.:mrgreen:

• Inquirer
  • It's a quite a while ago that I posted the above, but I want to let you know that all of my roller shutters (exept 1) work! Thanks to you!

I have a new problem with the one I mentioned in the line before, but I post that in a new post.